GTP WRS-Online : Event 20 : TZ2, TZU - Jan 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 156 comments
OK Tim thanks, next time I will go there and cancel my entry.

Great E/U race today guys!!!! Helped pass the time at work! Wow Chuk, Speedy and Sjaak were closing fast on you the last couple of laps! Way to hold them off!

Al

Thanks! One more lap and I was toast!!

Congratz to Twissy for the win in EU Race A... Wes without any stops held him off until the final lap and Twissy passed him by a nose... 0.1 difference I think.

I do wonder why I never got the anthem.:dopey:
Congrats again Twissy.:cheers:

Thanks all for the racing,
congrats Pekka and Chuk :)

Nice battle Speedy 👍

So glad we still have Saturday to look forward to. :) That just didn't last long enough! Lap 1, turn 3 (100R) I stupidly tried to pass on the outside, and ended up 15sec back, in last. :dunce: Same old story. But battled back, lap after lap. On the straight preceding the last lap, I got a sweet double-draft on jtv and Hydro, what a fun battle that was. Probably nothing compared to their endless battle with Chris earlier, though. :eek:

Nice job Twissy and Wes, super fast and consistent. 👍

Awww. If only I was as quick during whole run as at the end of the race...
But had fun, especially when catching AspecBob during the last laps after pitting (don't know if it was right decision to do so). Nice race everyone! 👍

Thanks all for the racing,
congrats Pekka and Chuk :)

Nice battle Speedy 👍

Geez, Sjaak, way to make me look bad, I came in only a few seconds after Art :P

Awww. If only I was as quick during whole run as at the end of the race...
But had fun, especially when catching AspecBob during the last laps after pitting (don't know if it was right decision to do so). Nice race everyone! 👍

No, catching me was a bad decision :grumpy: :)

I started in 3rd and had fun running with the pros for a while, until the expected mistake came... than had some fun battling with pre and Art for a while.

dsgerbc
So Twissy pitted?

Yes. I'd say most did. There were 3 with no pit strategies. I pitted once as my lap times were dropping almost 2 secs per lap. Almost intersecting times over 35 laps.

I think i've worked out why twissy and wge were so fast and it has nothing to do with them being really good. It's because they haven't painted their cars and both have the same mag wheels. So there is the secret right there. :D

Twissy and Wes at the finish

Fuji Speedway GT_5 1
by jtv90069, on Flickr

Amazing race today, so much fun battling with almost everyone on the track (didn't see twissy and wge at all). Cant wait for the NA race later :cool:

Ah well, now you know for this Saturday's race jtv.;)

EU race results:

EU - A
Results-TZU-EU-A1.png

EU - B
Results-TZU-EU-B1.png

Great races guys 👍

1 full hour of racing and Twissy wins by 0.108 :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Fastest laps are other way around (GTP_w-g-e <---> GTP_Twissy). I don't want to lose both.:lol:

Fastest laps are other way around (GTP_w-g-e <---> GTP_Twissy). I don't want to lose both.:lol:

:lol:
I took the pic of the results as you were in the final turn (and still in first), but didn't notice the names were in the wrong order.
I'll fix it up Fixed 👍

Last edited:
Hydro
I think so.... no more Google Doc's for Speedy so close to bed time :D
Refresh will fix it 👍

Poor Speedy never gets his beauty sleep on wednesday.

sorry about the start.. I had it in my head that I was starting last. then on lap 8 I had an incident involving a mountain dew, ipod and a laptop

sorry about the start.. I had it in my head that I was starting last. then on lap 8 I had an incident involving a mountain dew, ipod and a laptop

:lol:

It was a day for weird non- race events it seems.
My stereo decided that it didn't like GT5 today and it turned off the speakers when we were forming on the grid.
On lap 2 (or 3) I was trying to reach for my remote while driving up the straight but dropped I dropped it and almost wiped out the entire field after going off-track.
No sound at all until my pit on lap 20 - made for a very interesting 20 lap race with Chris and John.

Ho! Hey! Sorry, it took me a while to realize you're pre...

Sorry about your incident. That's too bad, as we always have good battles you and me. It was a bit lonely for a while, until Art decided he wanted to finish ahead of me....

Haha, I feel for you. I once spilled beer on my laptop, standing on the floor nearby. During the race, of course. Dived down to shut it off and turn it over while doing some sandmobiling in GT5.

Sorry to be on and off and then on again! I am back in the race tonight! I managed to get someone to look after my baby girl!!!! I re-registered!

Al

Nice Al!

I'll have the lobby open in about 10 minutes for the pre-race practice session 👍
I'm pitting 100% :D

NA Race lobby is now open

Last edited:
^So close to the fastest lap... :ouch: Nice one Marc. 👍

Time to highjack this thread again for Saturday. :sly:

If you're still up for some online fun after the Special Event, you can sign up here using the sign up sheet below.
This is merely to see how many of you will still be interested to join online.
The room will become available for some unofficial racing fun ~21:00 GMT
Please use GMT time below.
In case you're not sure if you converted your timezone correctly, try using this site.

1. Speedy6543 | GTP_Speedy6543 | Division 2 Silver | BE GMT+1 | <9 PM GMT

{not necessarily limited to 12 drivers so add additional lines as necessary.}

To sign up please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.
Use this format to add your information:
GTP username | PSN ID | Division | Time Zone | ETA in lobby​

Latest Posts

Back