GTP WRS-Online : Event 25 : 9 Lives - Feb 29

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 77 comments
I ran a statistical regression model to correlate driver performance in the offline time trial to the online time trial and the results were significant and unbiased....

... I 🤬

I can't believe it, but I'm going to probably miss the NA race tonight. Actually I will join pre-race practice, but have to leave the house from 7-7:30pm PT. I'll leave the PS3 on, and when I return, I'll just Watch Race. Changing my status to Reserve.

EDIT: That puts you on pole, Jon! 👍 Or Bart, if he shows up...

I can't believe it, but I'm going to probably miss the NA race tonight. Actually I will join pre-race practice, but have to leave the house from 7-7:30pm PT. I'll leave the PS3 on, and when I return, I'll just Watch Race. Changing my status to Reserve.

EDIT: That puts you on pole, Jon! 👍 Or Bart, if he shows up...

Darn... what if we just delay the show for 30 mins and everyone can get 4 more laps of practice. No quali and you know the rules so we could start the gun at 7:30 sharp.

That would work for me, and I might even make it back by 7:20pm PT if I hustle. I'll leave you guys to make that call, but a very generous offer. 👍

If you are delaying the start to around 7 30 PST, there's a 51% chance I could make it, though there's no need to wait for me if I'm not around.

Congratulations Bart for the EU win. Nice job too Wes!

My PS3 froze when I exited the live timing sheet. Oh well. I'm sure you guys had a good race. Tim and Jon even being very close together after 6 laps. Good luck! I think I'm off to bed again. Next time I'll be an hour earlier, lol!

PASM
My PS3 froze when I exited the live timing sheet. Oh well. I'm sure you guys had a good race. Tim and Jon even being very close together after 6 laps. Good luck! I think I'm off to bed again. Next time I'll be an hour earlier, lol!

FYI... All our events have a countdown timer. :lol:

Jon and I ended up under 2 seconds apart after 9 laps!!! Fun race.

Great win Mohit.
Had another fun race starting with about 5 laps just behing or just infront of Marc then trying to chase Tim down in the last 4.5 laps.
I was less than a second behind entering the pits on lap 6 and as had happened on the previous stint Tim drove away from me for 2 laps with a big mistake on lap 8 costing 5-10 seconds I thought I had no chance, but again my third lap was much faster than Tim's and had almost caught by the finish even with a couple of small errors on the lap.
Well done Tim had a great time trying to get you :D

Amazing consistency, Mohit. 👍 I went off more times than I can count on all my fingers and toes. :dunce: I think you said you went off once?!? :bowdown:

Screenshot-2.png

Thanks everyone, for being nice and waiting for Mohit and I, it was a fun race! 👍

Last edited:
Great win Mohit.
Had another fun race starting with about 5 laps just behing or just infront of Marc then trying to chase Tim down in the last 4.5 laps.
I was less than a second behind entering the pits on lap 6 and as had happened on the previous stint Tim drove away from me for 2 laps with a big mistake on lap 8 costing 5-10 seconds I thought I had no chance, but again my third lap was much faster than Tim's and had almost caught by the finish even with a couple of small errors on the lap.
Well done Tim had a great time trying to get you :D

It was fun trying to hold you off and you never let me really relax and go easy.

I pushed hard the first 2 laps of every stint and destroyed my tires only to limp home the 3rd lap. It wasn't too bad the first two stints, but on the 9th lap I wasn't convinced I was going to be able to finish the lap at all. Good thing the last part of the lap is almost all a big straight or I was toast. Check out the condition of the front tires on the replay when I crossed the line. :lol:

1.25 hours around here was tough... I can just imagine what it's going to be like circling Spa for 2.4 hours where basically you get no break. Better eat my Wheaties.

Thanks guys! It was a lot of fun, even though it got a bit lonely out there. And thanks for delaying the start for me and Lucas, though I think you guys are regretting that now :sly:

Yeah Lucas went off once, but I held it and didn't lose more than 2-3 seconds. Comparing that to the EU race where I went off 8-9 times :dunce:.

Congrats to Tim and Jon for the podium finishes, doesn't get closer than 2 seconds at the line :crazy:.

Thought I had a chance to stay with some of you last night but my lack of on-line testing proved me wrong. Had a little battle going there with Pre on lap 3 and after that I didn't see anyone. It was lonely but had fun anyway! Loved the car and really starting to love the course! I should go back and do the GTP qualifier now just for fun!

Looking forward to the Classic Mini trio next Wednesday! I must put some practice in this time though. Thanks again to all that make the WRS so much fun to be a part of!

Al

Thought I had a chance to stay with some of you last night but my lack of on-line testing proved me wrong. Had a little battle going there with Pre on lap 3 and after that I didn't see anyone. It was lonely but had fun anyway! Loved the car and really starting to love the course! I should go back and do the GTP qualifier now just for fun!

Looking forward to the Classic Mini trio next Wednesday! I must put some practice in this time though. Thanks again to all that make the WRS so much fun to be a part of!

Al

Alli
thanx for waiting ( then I spun on the next corner) for me after the little bump. I was trying to let you by. My tires were shot by then.

mike

Last edited:
... after that I didn't see anyone. It was lonely but had fun anyway...

That's one of the things about racing here... too big and ends up being mostly a splits race. If you could get 40 people on track in multiple classes it would get more interesting, but even with 16 it's lonely. Get 16 identical drivers and with mistakes it's still going to get spread out.

JTV and I finished 2 second apart but we didn't pass each other once in the race (except when JTV went off early) and rarely could actually see each other. I think the only sightings were an occasional glimpse in my rear view at the start of lap 1 of each stint and then him closing in towards the end of lap 3. Otherwise after I passed Lucas on Lap 1 I didn't see or battle with anyone.

The EU race was the same. After my shenanigans on lap 1 (6 crashes in one lap and lag) I passed a few guys who had crashed and it was a long lonely race after that. I think we had the right number for the NA race, but we pushed the envelope of GT5 for the EU race. With mics and that number of drivers on that detailed course it was just a bit too much for my PS3 to handle smoothly 100% of the time IMO. I had almost no grip loss or lag in the NA event, even at the start and it was a much smoother drive. Some of that due to the practice from EU, but a lot of it just because the refresh and physics seemed to be more consistent.

Looking forward to racing on a regular track next week. Was good fun on the ring, but won't be lining up to do it again soon.

Hey Mike, I didn't see you at all in the NA race. Did you have a different strategy than in the EU race? Maybe I made more mistakes, maybe you were faster, maybe a combination of both...

And Al, I remember us racing side by side in my first OE experience (Madrid), but now I very rarely see you during a race... I think part of my problem is lack of concentration, after a while my mind starts to wander and I have to make a real effort to get myself back on track (literally and figuratively!).

And Al, I remember us racing side by side in my first OE experience (Madrid), but now I very rarely see you during a race... I think part of my problem is lack of concentration, after a while my mind starts to wander and I have to make a real effort to get myself back on track (literally and figuratively!).

I would like to say I will slow down for you but I have a feeling I won't have to worry about that soon. I love the way these races make your weaknesses so evident and how improvement happens so much faster than running GT5 on your own!

Al

Back