img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 AM GMT

img.php

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 @ Nürburgring Type V

car_alfa_romeo_155_25_v6_ti_93.jpg
nurburgringtypev.jpg

Stewards Comments:

The theme is 9 this week in celebration of 9 years of WRS which means we're doing 9 laps! The race will be longer than usual and in order to get some of that time "back" and keep the overall event from going too long "live" online qualification has been eliminated and instead official WRS submissions will set the starting order. Any driver that does not officially submit will start at the back with order based on registry handicaps.

Since we are using pre-arranged qualification we are going to do a rolling single-file start this week. The track is obviously too long to do a full lap so we're going to run in formation for the first few turns at pace lap speed to get in line and then start the race in single file formation at a set spot on the track. The exact details will be posted later in the week after some testing.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (disabled for large grids)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Mondays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Nürburgring Type V
  • Car: Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 (from Online Car Dealership)
  • Tires: Racing Medium (R2's) for race start | Racing Hard(s) are also available / optional for the race, but can only be selected during Pit Stops.
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional
  • Example Tunes: Praiano (Online) | Mad FinnTuners Co | More TBD

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Pre-arranged - Time Trial Based Offline Qualifying (WRS)
  • Notes: Grid will be set based on the official submitted time for the offline WRS time trial. Any drivers who do not submit will start in the back of the grid with the order between them based on their current registry handicap.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 9
  • Start Type: Formation "Sector" / Single File Rolling Start (Details TBA)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pit Stops: Optional

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above (from Standard Garage)
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 434 HP
  • Weight: 1010 kg
  • Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications: N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not Allowed (Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD).
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

NrburgringTypeV_3-800.jpg

wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and stay in one grid.
With 17+ we will split the grid based on your submitted WRS lap time.

event25_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

NrburgringTypeV_7-800.jpg

Going to need help with a tune for this one. Kev's offline tune is great for the TT, but almost undriveable online. :scared: Even moving the ride height to 0/0 doesn't help much. The back end is all over the place. Maybe that's due to the -0.25 toe in the rear?

Yes take the toe back to 0 (or even +ve) Lucas, would be a good start. The 16/10/10 spring damper combo will also be a major contributor, and you could also increase the rear (actually front) ARB from 1 to 3 or 4.

Thanks, Jon, I'll try that/those. 👍 Thinking about it more clearly now, this thing drove pretty good offline with all defaults, just tranny changes, so that's another thing I'll try.

The only online racing experience I have here is the 1 lap we took last night. Other than that, it's only been AI bashing in GT4 & 5, and the 2 WRS TT events here, and the AMG special events & qualifier. It will definitely be a new experience. :)

Last edited:
We need to contract with Jon to be our online tuner. There isn't a lot of any pay in the position, but the glory and honor is tremendous. See:

Signed up for NA, still haven't had any time to tear myself away from offline, to try some online tunes. Not too happy with my submitted lap, but at least it's clean. :D

If I make tonight's practice session, it will most likely be after 9pm PT.

I've switched my status for both events to Reserve. At this point it doesn't look likely I'll make anything related to this event. Offline, practice or races. Even reserve is basically a hope and a prayer at this point.

Found Praiano's tune for this car, which he posted about a month ago. Haven't tried it yet, or compared it the one he developed in the Time Trial thread over the course of the week.

[post=6702009]Chris' tune[/post] will probably be usable online ( even ride height, which could be increased without too much hassle), not much toe either. I have a tune sitting on my main account's online-prepped one, maybe, but that could be rubbish.

Just going to run some laps (well maybe 3 or 4 :lol:) if anyone is looking for some practice time 👍

Edit: I ran Chris' offline tune when we originally tried this combo online and it handled great!

Edit2: Out for tonight, I'll catch up at tomorrow's practice.

Last edited:
Changed my sign up. England vs Holland game is on at the same time and I'll probably end up watching that. I'm up for the practice tonight though.

The registration images have been updated to include the starting order based on drivers' official submitted WRS lap time and then registry handicap.

Sorry guys but I'm going to skip practice today.
Not feeling very well, a bit overtired I think...
It had to come sometime I guess.

The registration images have been updated to include the starting order based on drivers' official submitted WRS lap time and then registry handicap.

Yikes! :scared::scared::scared:

You're telling me I'll have all those D1's and D2's right behind me at the start of the race??? I think I'll just close my eyes and hope for the best...

The grids seem a bit light this event, not sure if everyone's too busy or too intimidated by track.

I thought I registered yesterday, but I didnt see my name in the table so I just registered again. I'm looking forward to this one!

The grids seem a bit light this event, not sure if everyone's too busy or too intimidated by track.

Maybe, but it's not far off our regular # of drivers.
~12 is pretty normal, we've just been a bit spoiled lately :sly:

I set up the GTP_3D3Racing lounge for practice but I'm away from my PS3.

Laps for practice races are set at 2, but feel free to change it to whatever you, guys in the lounge, like.

I'll be in shortly 👍
Lets be sure to post how many laps can be run on Med's, and we should try Hard's too, as we are considering a tire selection for this one.

Regardless, all drivers will start on RM's, just like the WRS TT event.

Bart (PASM) I think your registration should show up next time the image updates. I checked the source where they are generated and Tim may have fixed it up this morning.

Thanks, Marc, and all who help find some wear rates for the different tires. 👍

Gravitron
Bart (PASM) I think your registration should show up next time the image updates. I checked the source where they are generated and Tim may have fixed it up this morning.

Ah ok, thanks for checking Lucas!

There were three registrations (I'm assuming one of them from Bart) that did not have the PSN ID field completed. The form defaults to "GTP_" and the user must fill in the remainder or the record is rejected:

2/23/2012 12:01:30, GTP_, Yes (Confirmed), Yes (Confirmed)
2/26/2012 05:14:29, GTP_, Yes (Confirmed), Yes (Confirmed)
2/27/2012 18:08:09, GTP_, Yes (Confirmed), Maybe (Reserve)

There is no way to tell who sent in these registrations without a valid PSN ID, so if you notice you aren't listed make sure to fill out the form again and enter your full PSN ID. I'm thinking I should leave this field blank by default because if I leave it completely blank the user will be prompted to fill it in if they submit without it.

I'm thinking I should leave this field blank by default because if I leave it completely blank the user will be prompted to fill it in if they submit without it.

👍 sounds good Tim.

I'm now registed to this race, but i dont have any lap registed in the Time Trial.
Is this ok?

cheers

Back