GTP WRS-Online : Event 28 : Snake in the Road - Mar 21

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 73 comments
Hey Small_Fryz, welcome!

There's an official practice session starting in ~3hrs and 35min if you can make that.

To register, as a first-timer, you need to follow what is stated in the quote.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.
As that is done, the following you need to do is click the registration button below.
This registration resets per event.
Meaning if you want to participate every week, you need to register every week. :)

Wow.

So awesome 👍, just found this part of the forum!! This series looks so professionally run! Credit to you guys :cheers:

Bit of a late check in, but I can make the EU race 👍. Will get some practise in tomorrow night before bed :D

Would be great to have you, Dion. 👍 Be sure to get PSN friend requests sent out to GTP_3D3Racing, and take a close look at the 2nd post of the OP for how to register. There's a one-time driver info sign up, and then a per-week event sign up. It's "paperwork", but it's super easy. :D

--------------------------
EDIT: Speedy's too speedy. :grumpy::lol:

Small_Fryz has been added to the 3D3 database and will now show in the driver registration image (during next update). Now it's just the friend requests that need to be processed and I should be able to handle that prior to the official practice session today.

EU practice is starting now.

Come back in Al. :)

Edit: Lounge crashed. Resetting now.

Last edited:
Cheers for warm welcome and help guys!

I accepted the friend requests and currently have J.Bond doing the laguna 200 to run the viper in while I go to work. I wasn't able to make the practice this morning as I was sleeping when the announcement was made and wasn't able to get up early enough lol.

I'll get a few laps in tonight and see you guys bright and early before the race tomorrow. Qualify starts at 20:00 GMT?

I'll take Lime Green if that's ok? Also what is a rough indicator for a lap time?

Cheers 👍

Edit: My first name is Dion not Don as it is showed on the spreadsheet. Could be my mistake when I registered though :lol:

Last edited:
Any idea how many laps yet?

The race is now set to 35 laps.
Lap times in practice races were ~1'37.xxx, making for race race length of about 55-60 minutes.

I accepted the friend requests and currently have J.Bond doing the laguna 200 to run the viper in while I go to work. I wasn't able to make the practice as I was sleeping when the announcement was made and wasn't able to get up early enough lol.

I'll get a few laps in tonight and see you guys bright and early before the race. I'll take Lime Green if that's ok? Also what is a rough indicator for a lap time?

Cheers 👍

Nice to have you on board 👍
The practice lobby will be running for another 7-9 hours so there's a good chance you will have company if you can make it back in time.

Lime Green is fine, as skittles go, but on a Viper? :lol:

I accepted the friend requests and currently have J.Bond doing the laguna 200 to run the viper in while I go to work. I wasn't able to make the practice this morning as I was sleeping when the announcement was made and wasn't able to get up early enough lol.

I'll get a few laps in tonight and see you guys bright and early before the race tomorrow. Qualify starts at 20:00 GMT?

I'll take Lime Green if that's ok? Also what is a rough indicator for a lap time?

Cheers 👍

Edit: My first name is Dion not Don as it is showed on the spreadsheet. Could be my mistake when I registered though :lol:

My mistake Don Dion as you entered your own name correctly. :lol:

We'll probably still be in the 3D3 lounge practicing when you get your laps in "tonight" so have a look in the lounge if you want some company. Guys are still running as we speak as a matter of fact. And expect the lounge to be busy until late tonight with guys from different time zones. I'll definitely be on late tonight pacific time (8:30+ PM) as I haven't gotten enough practice to be race ready quite yet.

Math lesson of the day:

2*P = A-R-G​

simplifies to

Pekka * Practice = :eek:

I'm doing some practice now, so if anybody wants to add me as a friend, feel free. GTP_Small_Fryz

30min in and I have a 1'32.729. Probably another 1 - 2 tenths if I was to get all best sectors. Tyre wear seems to be quite severe here, though that could just be my driving :lol:

I'd hazard a guess and say iGoFast is sitting on a mid to low 32, considering he won the WRS last week :lol:

I'm doing some practice now, so if anybody wants to add me as a friend, feel free. GTP_Small_Fryz

30min in and I have a 1'32.729. Probably another 1 - 2 tenths if I was to get all best sectors. Tyre wear seems to be quite severe here, though that could just be my driving :lol:

I'd hazard a guess and say iGoFast is sitting on a mid to low 32, considering he won the WRS last week :lol:

Just so you know we set up the "community" 3D3 lounges so that people wouldn't have to manage their friends list. We just all friend the lounges (which are just normal PSN accounts) and go to that private lounge when we want to practice. Basically buys you almost 100 friends with one friend slot. :sly:

We had about 5-8 in the main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) for most of the day and night today, but I think it's cleared out now. We'll be racing in the exact same lounge tomorrow.

One thing to note is you won't see the little yellow dot near the lounge icon even if people are in there because we never actually log in as that PSN user. You have to click on the lounge to see if anyone is actually in there.

Heading to the 3D3 lounge now for some distance testing, see if I can manage 18 laps on a set :)

34.4 is my best after 5 laps, at which point the tires started slowing me. Looking forward to the races tomorrow! 👍

Just so you know we set up the "community" 3D3 lounges so that people wouldn't have to manage their friends list. We just all friend the lounges (which are just normal PSN accounts) and go to that private lounge when we want to practice. Basically buys you almost 100 friends with one friend slot. :sly:

We had about 5-8 in the main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) for most of the day and night today, but I think it's cleared out now. We'll be racing in the exact same lounge tomorrow.

One thing to note is you won't see the little yellow dot near the lounge icon even if people are in there because we never actually log in as that PSN user. You have to click on the lounge to see if anyone is actually in there.

Awesome 👍

I joined the "community" lounge and found jtv90069 in there :D. Good system you guys got going with these. Easily the best organized online GT5 series I've seen :cheers:

Did some more practice and watched my mate Madison's Academy lap for some insider info on lines :D and managed the following.

24.243 / 22.603 / 18.741 / 15.237 / 11.501

1'32.325

Great laps Small_Fryz and glad to be of help with the splits.
I managed my 18 lap run barely, running 35.5-38.1 and a final lap of 44.x with a sliver of tire left to burn. Don't think I will try in the race as I have no room for error but we will see when the race happens tomorrow :)

I just cancelled my registration for the EU event at 4 PM est, due to some issue I have with my internet, I should be OK for next week.
Have fun!

Well done T-L, Dion and Pekka.
Nice recovery Ren-Tec and my apologies for the bump on the first lap, couldn't keep as tight as I wanted.
After bumping Ren-Tec off I wasn't sure who it was I had made contact with so I waited until I was last then decided to try for 1 stop. By lap 13 I was regretting my decision as my tires were not going to make it and I had lost way too much time by then so I pitted at the end of 15 and went as hard as I could for the rest of the race.
I did my fastest lap of the circuit in 1'33.3 and re-passed Lucas shortly after my first pit and from there until my 2nd stop on lap 25 gained about a couple of seconds on the leaders, but at 57 sec behind it made little difference. I saw Speedy on the last lap and was catching up quickly but not enough and finished well down in 8th.
While I was well down and for 2/3rds of the race driving alone it was still a fun race and am looking forward to a better performance in the NA race later on :)

Those 3 or 4 laps we had were really fun, Jon. 👍 I hope to slow you up later as well. :sly:

Congrats Mark, Dion, and Pekka, great drives. :cheers:

I was lapped, and my best lap was only 34.4, but still had a great time! :D

Awesome race today!
Made some silly mistakes in the early going, but managed to claw my way back past Mad Max and Small Fry.
Final pit stop put me out perfectly beside Small Fry for the first corner!!
Made for a really exciting spring to the finish. :)
Luckily I saved my 11 lap stint for the end and was able to pull away a bit eventually with fresher tires.
Awesome job everyone!
Can't wait for NA race tonight....

Well done T-L, Dion and Pekka.
Nice recovery Ren-Tec and my apologies for the bump on the first lap, couldn't keep as tight as I wanted.
After bumping Ren-Tec off I wasn't sure who it was I had made contact with so I waited until I was last then decided to try for 1 stop. By lap 13 I was regretting my decision as my tires were not going to make it and I had lost way too much time by then so I pitted at the end of 15 and went as hard as I could for the rest of the race.
I did my fastest lap of the circuit in 1'33.3 and re-passed Lucas shortly after my first pit and from there until my 2nd stop on lap 25 gained about a couple of seconds on the leaders, but at 57 sec behind it made little difference. I saw Speedy on the last lap and was catching up quickly but not enough and finished well down in 8th.
While I was well down and for 2/3rds of the race driving alone it was still a fun race and am looking forward to a better performance in the NA race later on :)

It's ok and thank you for letting me repass. Right I thought get my head together and pull my socks up it's gonna a hard one. Nine_Hundred very kind of you pulling off the line while being lap and I don't know if you saw but I had fun using the flash lights button lol :dopey:
Most of all I had suck a hard race to catch and eventually pass WRP001, great man and I was praying you would make a mistake but I think traffic was the little edge I need to catch your tow.

👍

ps Speedy some great live streaming cheers.

We'll fill in the remaining quali data later, that was one amazing race. I LOVE THIS CAR. :drool:

WRSOE-Week28_EUresults2.png

Last edited:
How does qualifying work? I checked the OP, but I don't quite understand. Does "live online, single stint" mean a one-lap qualifying race?

Single stint means n consecutive laps, without pit spots. For this week n=3, and it's done in free practice mode.

Nice battle between Hydro and Speedy there and I've gotta ask Speedy.... How did you out brake Hydro from that far back and hit the apex on lap 18?????

Ren-Tec
Nice battle between Hydro and Speedy there and I've gotta ask Speedy.... How did you out brake Hydro from that far back and hit the apex on lap 18?????

He raised the flaps and lowered his landing gear. The rest he left up to the big guy in the sky. :lol:

I think I heard OB1 Kenobi talking to him on the prior lap.

Good race, everybody in NA. 👍 Really unfortunate how we all got DC'd on lap 31 of 35, but it was a barn-burner up till that point. Al had me beat due to some dumb mistakes on my part, and he was faster than his quali lap, I believe. 👍 I'd post a results pic, but PD's Wed consistency has foiled us yet again. :indiff:

Latest Posts

Back