GTP WRS-Online : Event 33 : Benz (B)east - Apr 25

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 62 comments
jtv90069
Yes, all run in with correct modifications.

Silver chrome.... Sweet

Thanks a lot man!
Are you guys training?
Didnt even start.. Tomorrow i have a hard test.. :s

Unlikely I'll make the EU race today. Got an emergency at work. Definitely cannot get the room setup and if I make it -- will be absolute last minute. I'm definitely on for the NA race tonight however.

That's a shame Tim - hope you can make it last minute.

I'm in for EU as it stands... I may be called out later but I might be good to go. Joining for practice now anyway.

As Tim is probably out for the EU Race and Pekka and Sjaak only as reserve, also me posting from my phone now, can anyone take note of drivers starting positions, finishing times and if possible best laps?
Thanks and have a good race!

As Tim is probably out for the EU Race and Pekka and Sjaak only as reserve, also me posting from my phone now, can anyone take note of drivers starting positions, finishing times and if possible best laps?
Thanks and have a good race!

I could do it.

Not sure if I gonna be able to run, BT are updating some cables in our area so its keeping dropping out. I'll keep trying though, depends on what time you guys planning on starting ?

Not sure if I gonna be able to run, BT are updating some cables in our area so its keeping dropping out. I'll keep trying though, depends on what time you guys planning on starting ?

8 PM your time for quali, race in 15 mins from that.

I'm going to log in so i can save the replay and track status, but I can't drive as I'll be working thru this emergency.

To frustrated to finish the race, I'm just going to sit in the pits.

Controller just didn't brake at the start and I went flying into the sand, nearly threw the DS3 on the floor.

The car felt really different from practice last night as well, no idea what happened there.

Congratz to Twissy on the win, pole and fastest lap. 👍

Congrats to Twissy for the win and to Zubski for that amazingly close seond place 👍. Look forward to racing you in the future.

The car felt really different from practice last night as well, no idea what happened there.

I had a similar issue, probably not as pronounced as you but I seemed to have less grip on the kerb at the final corner.

Qualification

1. GTP_Twissy - 1'02.562
  2. GTP_Gooners_17 - 1'03.579
  3. GTP_Zubski - 1'03.589
  4. GTP_jtv90069 - 1'03.949
  5. GTP_Jammy - 1'04.080
  6. GTP_NINE_HUNDRED - 1'04.169
  7. GTP_Tuesdaymops - 1'04.189
  8. GTP_Aguilar - 1'04.373
  9. GTP_Sjaak - 1'04.578

Results (39 Laps)

1. GTP_Twissy - 42'30.467 - 1'02.772
  2. GTP_Zubski - +22.713 - 1'03.378
  3. GTP_Gooners_17 - +23.016 - 1'03.375
  4. GTP_Sjaak - +1'08.778 - 1'04.245
  5. GTP_jtv90069 - +1'12.188 - 1'03.778
  6. GTP_Jammy - +1'12.913 - 1'03.852
  7. GTP_Aguilar - +1 Lap - 1'04.161
  8. GTP_Tuesdaymops - +1 Lap - 1'03.899
  9. GTP_NINE_HUNDRED - DNF - 1'04.199

Great race today Twissy, well deserved victory. Well done to Zubski, hell of a drive with 1 stop and also to Gooners, so close to taking 2nd. Fantastic race Sjaak I had a great time.
Thanks everyone for a fun race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awsome race today. Congrats Twissy! 👍

Had a blast racing with Gooner! Our qual, fast lap and finish were all so close.

The 1 stop race was a handfull but lots of fun. The last 10 laps was just trying to save the tires but with Gooners car getting bigger and bigger in my mirror that went out the window.:scared: Made for an interesting last lap.

I have a development on the home front that may cause issues getting on tonight. Will have to play it out and see.

Thanks for the data Jon which has now been put in our database:

event33_res_eu.png

We ran a lap less? Wow.

Anyways to put the difference between me and Zubski in perspective:

Quali lap: 1/100th of a second.
Fast lap: 3/1000ths of a second.
Race: 3/10ths of a second.

Scary? I think so :lol:.

I have a development on the home front that may cause issues getting on tonight. Will have to play it out and see.

In that case the thing to do is to fill out the registration form again and change your status to reserve. If a driver is listed as confirmed we expect them to show up, but the reserve status is there to let us know you might not make it and thus don't wait for you. I've updated your status this time around. If your status changes back to "Yes (Confirmed )" go ahead and submit again. Only your latest entry is used. 👍

Note: we are down to 6 confirmed drivers for NA. If at race time we only have 5 running we'll still run the race, but the results will not be official.

We ran a lap less? Wow.

Anyways to put the difference between me and Zubski in perspective:

Quali lap: 1/100th of a second.
Fast lap: 3/1000ths of a second.
Race: 3/10ths of a second.

Scary? I think so :lol:.

Race was set to 40 which included formation lap... we always deduct that lap from the count and the leaders time for that lap is subtracted from the total time. It technically was supposed to be set to 41 laps (40+1) according to the OP, but since we ran 40 for the EU race we'll do the same for the NA race.

Last edited:
Congratz to gooners on the win tonight. Tried to make it tough on you, but made it into the kitty litter instead.

event33_res_na.png

First,congrats to twissy,Zubski and Gooners for the podiums.:bowdown:

It was a great race for me,close battles with Jon and Mops and Jammy closing in the last 15 laps.👍

Jon and I had different pitting strategies but we met two times again at the end of the pitlane.
Amazing realistic racing.

Too bad for Mikes crash at the beginning of the race,you certainly had the speed considering your fast lap and qualifiction time.👍

Jon handeled the qualification procedure outstanding.
Only I forgot I had a new PS3 since last month and my mic settings were not op to date.
I could not hear a word but went straight into qualification ,hoping for the best,in the end all worked out well.:)

I watched the replay and the formation lap is so cool.
I have seen several DTM races here at Zandvoort and the sound of all the mercedes cars are so familiar with the real cars,...goosbubbles :D

The Pack:
grandvalleyeast14a.jpg

jtv and Jammy:

zgrandvalleyeast5a.jpg

Mops and Sjaak:

zgrandvalleyeast9a.jpg

NINE_HUNDERED and Aguilar:

zgrandvalleyeast12a.jpg

Zubski and Gooners:
grandvalleyeast6.jpg

The winner,Twissy:

zgrandvalleyeast8a.jpg

Last edited:
Jon handeled the qualification procedure outstanding.

Nice report Sjaak. 👍

And thank you Jon for jumping in and managing the quali procedures on short notice. 👍

I'm really sorry I couldn't make the EU race as the NA race was a lot of fun and I'm sure I would have been a better match for Jon and Gooners had I had the EU race "under my belt." Very nice racing combo... passing was tough to say the least, but it was a very fun drive.

Gooners gave me a quick driving lesson and lap walk through on Tuesday night since I didn't run the WRS for this combo or do any laps prior and I was able to start running 1'03 laps -- not regular, but also not too rare. My average pace was more like 1'04 flat. I managed a PR lap for my live NA qualification of 1'03.7. :dopey:

Had some good battles on track early with gooners before having a crash in turn 1 clipping the grass and ending up deep in the sand. Then I got behind Lichi who crash in a similar way in lap 2 and had good battle with him for a while. I ended up short pitting him and getting out in front.

With about 6 laps to go Dramamine came out of the pits a lap down as I was entering turn 1. I think I struggled for 3-4 laps to get by him... I was faster in the middle sector and would get held up, but his better tires consistently got him a better launch out of the final turn so I couldn't make the pass by turn 1. Finally, he made a mistake and I got by, but then he drafted past me again on the straight and we almost collided going two wide into turn 1. Litchi was closing in so I started getting more aggressive in my pass attempts and final made one stick and took off to claim the final spot on the podium.

If I had been leading the race (or had a chance to catch the leader) I would have definitely called out for the blue flag, but it was a fun battle and I was pretty safe in my position so I didn't say anything. However, in general, we do observe the blue flag rule in this series. Lapped cars should not engage in extended battles with lead lap cars. If the lapped car is consistently faster because they are on better tires (or for any other reason) and they can safely pass and stay ahead of the lead lap car then make the pass and drive away. But if the lead lap car can consistently be on your bumper then you should move over and let him go... you don't have to do this immediately, but can do so in a section of track where it won't impact your own race or finish position. You are not battling with that driver for position anyway.

Back