GTP WRS-Online : Event 36 : Fourth Generation's Best - May 16

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 76 comments
Some work has come up, so I changed to reserve for NA.

OK, I'm 80-90% sure to make the NA race tonight, but won't change my status from reserved quite yet... will know for sure in a couple hours.

I will probably not race in the NA race, i will not change my status neither, just in case i still would be awake.

160512.png

Last edited:
Also, Kevin's offline tune with 40/40 ride height works well too.

Thanks!

Was wondering what I was going to do with my tune to make it work online. Was going to start with RH adjustment only, will give this a shot. 👍

Great race, fellas! Just watched the EU on Speedy's Twitch site! Heck of a battle there at the finish between Kristophe and Jon.

Thanks for the vid, Kristophe! 👍

Might have a chance to jump in on this last minute - signed in NA reserve.
Rookie driver + not sure if I even have the car yet + no practice + not a favourite track = let's see what happens :).
My only agenda is not to spoil someone's race. Good thing it's a wide track.

Might have a chance to jump in on this last minute - signed in NA reserve.
Rookie driver + not sure if I even have the car yet + no practice + not a favourite track = let's see what happens :).
My only agenda is not to spoil someone's race. Good thing it's a wide track.

If you need the car I can send one fully broken in... but you have to act fast and send me a FR in the next 15 mins or so.

If you need the car I can send one fully broken in... but you have to act fast and send me a FR in the next 15 mins or so.
Thanks, but I'll be away from the PS3 right up 'till race time. No worries though - my pit crew will rush something together in race spec that can roll.

Main lounge is open and ready for pre-race practice.

Great race guys. Congratz Marc.

Speedy... for the EU race you didn't deduct the time for the formation lap from Twissy's total time. Can someone check out the replay of the EU race and let me know what Twissy's formation lap time was so I can deduct it? Thanks.

Speedy... for the EU race you didn't deduct the time for the formation lap from Twissy's total time. Can someone check out the replay of the EU race and let me know what Twissy's formation lap time was so I can deduct it? Thanks.

It's ok now.
Edited my original Results post. ^^^^

OK, here are the official results of the NA race:

event36_res_na.png

Al, if I'm not mistaken those were your first two official podiums! :cheers: You are now on the podium leaderboard. 👍

Last edited:
Congratulations Twissy and Marc for the wins, and to Tim, Al and Al for the podiums :).

My EU race didn't go so well even though I ended up 2nd. I spun on the first lap putting me down to fifth place, and didn't think about my strategy before the race and did an inefficient two stopper. Usually my strategies are so solid them F1 teams want me on their pitwall :sly:.

OK, here are the official results of the NA race:

event36_res_na.png

Al, if I'm not mistaken those were your first two official podiums! :cheers: You are now on the podium leaderboard. 👍

Yes! My 1st podiums! Thank you very much! I am glad my mic was muted because I was a little excited! :sly:

I had an awesome time racing with other cars for a change! Congrats Twissy and Mark for your wins!

As official race photographer I am going to make two posts. This one is for the E/U race. The N/A race to follow.

Al

FujiSpeedwayF-1.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_1-1.jpg

Sorry Gooners but the next two are from your spin!
FujiSpeedwayF_2-1.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_3-1.jpg

Thats Twissy way up there after 1 lap, this is the last we saw of him! Darn Aliens!
FujiSpeedwayF_4.jpg

I did catch him running by himself later on!
FujiSpeedwayF_5.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_6.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_7.jpg

Gooners catching up after 2nd pitstop
FujiSpeedwayF_10.jpg

I tried to cut off the inside line so he passes me on the outside kicking up some dust on his way by! Nice pass Gooners!
FujiSpeedwayF_13.jpg

Now the Photos from the N/A race

Al

FujiSpeedwayF_14.jpg

The next 3 photos are from turn 1, more bumping again!
FujiSpeedwayF_15.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_16.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_17.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_18.jpg

Bump drafting!
FujiSpeedwayF_19.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_21.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_22.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_24.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_25.jpg

FujiSpeedwayF_26.jpg

Tim smoking the front left trying to catch Mark.
FujiSpeedwayF_27.jpg

Fun NA race tonight. I'll need lots of practice to keep up with you guys.
Congrats on the win Hyrdo.

3D3036_FormationLap.jpg

FORMATION LAP

3D3036_Finish.jpg

FINISH

Great Pics Al. I created the Race Highlights post on page 1 and cross posted your photos and added the two from Jayoh too. 👍

From Speedy's replay of the EU race:

acrya.jpg

Just before he goes <backspace><backspace><backspace>..... <backspace>twitchtv...

Got a good chuckle out of that. Was that on purpose, Christophe? Even you are starting to believe it now, "Speedy's site". :P

LOL Dan!

Yeah, must be I'm starting to think it's my site. :D

Realized afterwards I made that mistakes while my screen was being captured. :dunce:

Thanks for the congratz guys 👍
Never thought for a minute I was going to pull out a win there, especially after the pit stop shenanigans - by my pit crew :)

Started in 4th after only 3 practice laps, and figured it would be a long, middle of the pack sort of race for me.
But turn 1 saw a couple of drivers miss their brake points and run long - and into other drivers - leaving turn 1 wide open for me to have a miraculously clean start, all things considered.
The next 2-3 laps had Tim hunting me down, and catching me. Then a bit of an off track in every part of t3 :lol: let Tim slip by before the final turn. I think we bump drafted for 2 laps, but then I couldn't keep up following lap 6 or so.
Rather than try to catch Tim, I tried to get through corners without having a front tire turn red, and after a couple of laps I had a pretty good handle on it. Brake early, turn in wide and make sure to hit the apex - coast - and feather the gas on exit, floor it when the car gets straight (not sure I've ever paid that much attention to the throttle in a FF car before ;)).

As much as Tim was in front, he wasn't getting away, and as the tire wear set in, I was catching him steadily - There's Hope!
ON lap 13 or so, I passed him and I'm pretty sure I was up about 1.5 seconds going into the pit.
However, I left the pit stop about 2.5 seconds behind (Huh? :mad:) and was too far back to catch his draft.
Kevin and a couple others had decided on a 2 stop strategy which threw me off a bit, but once they pitted on lap 20-21 (and stopped providing Tim with a bit more draft :mad:) the tires had worn enough that I was closing on Tim again by lap 25 or so.

With 2 or 3 laps to go I was able to pass Tim on the straight and hold him off on the final lap in turn 1 - Kevin warned you that not having a right side view might come back to haunt you, I had fully expected Tim to take turn 1 wider, and side by side - meaning he would pass me by the T1 marker, and presumably win the race. But I got lucky :D

So my new race strategy is this:
Don't practice - at all. Let Bob break in the car and just leave it until the race.
Follow the leader for ~13 laps, lead for 2.
Blow the pitstop (how??) and then follow the leader until there's 3 laps to go. Lead for 2 of those laps.

Big Thanks to Kevin for providing a tune 👍 - Ran it exactly as posted, but changed the ride height to your recommendation of 35/32 just before quali started. It's why I was on the track last ;)

Congrats to James for the EU win, and really nice to see Al up there on the podiums as well 👍 Twice :sly:
That's the best possible way to come back after the Monza race Al - or any race for that matter. :cheers: guys!

LOL Dan!

Yeah, must be I'm starting to think it's my site. :D

Realized afterwards I made that mistakes while my screen was being captured. :dunce:

You mean yourself and Eddie don't own it? :lol:
ww.speedy/twitch.tv.com sounds so much better than the other way around.

Last edited:
Saturday "Attack" Sign up Sheet

Event: Fourth Generation's Best
Type: Attack Format (basics here, we'll post specifics for this combo later)
Date: Saturday, May 19
Time: 20:00 GMT / 4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific

Drivers:
  1. Speedy6543 | GTP_Speedy6543 | Div 2 Silver | BE (GMT +2) | 95%

To express your interest please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.

Use this format to add your information:
GTP username | PSN ID | Division | Time Zone | % Chance you can make the event.

Drivers:
  2. mohitraina91 | GTP_gooners_17 | Div 2 Silver | EST (GMT -4) | 98.7654321%

To express your interest please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.

I most likely won't be available at 1:00 PM this Saturday due to a baseball game. If I am available I'll pop in the lounge, but unlikely until later.

This one should be somewhat interesting in attack format. The likelihood of a bad crash is pretty low with this car so the stagger won't messed up for race #2 and passing isn't that hard with the long straight and the draft. If you make the sprints about 12 laps it should eliminate the need for pits as well, but still will give the guys who manage tire wear a chance to reap the benefits.

Looks like it's just Speedy and I for the Saturday attack race. In that case I'll drop out, go to the gym or something.

I should be around at that time. I was just going to jump in the lounge if there were people there, maybe 15 to 30 minutes before the official time.

Drivers:
  2. mohitraina91 | GTP_gooners_17 | Div 2 Silver | EST (GMT -4) | 98.7654321%
  3. jammy21 GTP_Jammy | D3 bronzw | GMT +3 | 100%

Back