GTP WRS-Online : Event 36 : Fourth Generation's Best - May 16

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 76 comments
Lounge is open for whoever feels like it.
If not enough show up, we'll just transform to Special Event V practice.

Even with gooners in, we'd only be with four guys so I'm aborting this Saturday's Attack races. :(

R8 at GP/D practice now.

A small miracle happened when Al and Dan entered the room so we could run the Attack Races on Fuji. :)
It was a good thing Al joined 'cause he took away the overall win! Congrats on that Al! 👍

200512.png

Last edited:
Speedy6543
A small miracle happened when Al and Dan entered the room so we could run the Attack Races on Fuji. :)
It was a good thing Al joined 'cause he took away the overall win! Congrats on that Al! 👍

Sorry couldn't join today, but good to see Al's momentum continue. 👍

Sorry couldn't join today, but good to see Al's momentum continue. 👍

Thanks Tim, Speedy and Gooners! I was fortunate to win the attack but only because Wes was booted from the first race. It was kind of crazy running the first race when Wes and Daniel could not see me. Funny thing was, I could see both of them. I tried to pass Daniel so many times and he would just push me aside or hit me from behind and kick me off course! I thought he was mad at me at first!!!! All is well, I can't wait to watch the replay. I bump drafted him once all he felt was a surge in speed no bump what so ever! Weird!

Al

Al and Dan had a very special first race in the Saturday Attack...

I don't believe that for a minute. 👎

I think Daniel painstakingly using Adobe Photoshop to remove Al from of all 30,000 frames, recompiled into a seamless video using Adobe Premier and sent you his altered copy to cover his dirty driving tactics. :sly:

If Al had not been Canadian this would have resulted in a suspension from the series for Daniel, but since Al is Canadian we'll just pretend it never happened. :lol:

PS> Adobe commercial in the works... all funds will go toward the "Clean Racing Foundation" and specifically to the North American (minus Canada) chapter.

PPS> This message brought to you by "The Committee to Stop the Abuse from the North."

I don't believe that for a minute. 👎

I think Daniel painstakingly using Adobe Photoshop to remove Al from of all 30,000 frames, recompiled into a seamless video using Adobe Premier and sent you his altered copy to cover his dirty driving tactics. :sly:

If Al had not been Canadian this would have resulted in a suspension from the series for Daniel, but since Al is Canadian we'll just pretend it never happened. :lol:

PS> Adobe commercial in the works... all funds will go toward the "Clean Racing Foundation" and specifically to the North American (minus Canada) chapter.

PPS> This message brought to you by "The Adobe Wokshop Committee to Stop the Abuse from the Awesome Area North of that other North American Country."

Holy Adobe plugs Tim! All that is missing are links :lol:
Just a reminder, Myself, Al and Daniel are all in tonight's Ferrari race, and I'm willing to bet - in advance - that none of us will be able to see your car at all. :sly:

Just a reminder, Myself, Al and Daniel are all in tonight's Ferrari race, and I'm willing to bet - in advance - that none of us will be able to see your car at all. :sly:

Well I hope you don't see my car because I'm a sector ahead of you. :sly:

But, I'd be willing to put money down that the usual outcome will be realized -- both of us on the approximate same trajectory to a close finish even if we get there through slightly different paths or strategies.

Al and Dan had a very special first race in the Saturday Attack...

:lol: Man, that's too funny. After each time, Al asked "could you not see me, Daniel?"... :lol:

Thanks a lot Christophe!

Don't worry guys, I heard the update PD snuck in the other day fixes absolutely everything :ya-right: :lol:

Don't worry brahh I got this :sly: (in the EU race only).

It's probably a good idea in the future for us to review at the start of the formation lap how many drivers we see and have all drivers confirm they see the same number.

Drivers can use their "position" read out on the top left of the screen during the formation lap to see the total number of drivers they see on track. i.e. it will read 3/11 if you are 3rd and there are 11 total drivers your PS3 is aware of.

If we catch this at the very start of the formation lap we will attempt a single room reset to fix the issue. If it isn't corrected then we'll just continue, but at least the drivers will be aware of the situation.

Daniel... can you confirm in your replay that you saw one fewer drivers in your position readout compared to Al. Or speedy obviously has access to both replays so he can confirm.

The one way invisibility is sort of rare compared to two drivers not seeing each other. From what I've seen that glitch is introduced during the track reset for the race timer and is *usually* fixed with a reset. The two way invisibility is more common and sometimes caused by two incompatible routers and not always fixable, but still worth at shot.

I knew pretty much from the very start that I could not see Al, and I said so. But I think we had just reset the room, so decided to go ahead like that anyway (if I recall correctly).

Back