GTP WRS-Online : Event 39 : Tsukubee Doo - June 6

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 94 comments
Had a great race in the lounge there. Tried my best to hold w-g-e off but could only do so until lap 9, then he overtook me and flew about 3 seconds ahead in the final lap :lol: But nonetheless great sportsmanship by him by not getting frustrated about only seeing my back bumper for 8 laps and dive-bombing me, I repaid that by giving you enough room round the outside to start lap 9 👍

At least I lead most laps in it ;)
The race made me feel a lot better about myself than I was last week. Since then I've been racing hours every day trying to perfect my driving in traffic.;)

Last edited:
I had a good time watching the two of you battle it out, until I spun out of the second hairpin and got damage from hitting the barrier. Then subsequently spun around the next corner because of the damage.

Yah, sorry guys you will probably have to manage practice without an Admin today. Work is too busy for me at the moment and I assume nobody in EU is available to set it up. So just use the specs in the OP to set up the lounge and have fun. The chances of me making a race tomorrow are slim and none at this point.

Does this mean there might actually be a podium spot up for grabs? :sly:

had a practice today... felt ok until 12 laps then it gets tricky, going for pits on lap 15...30 hopefully get away with it :)

Does this mean there might actually be a podium spot up for grabs? :sly:
Up for grabs? Never! But way to stroke Tim's ego :lol:

had a practice today... felt ok until 12 laps then it gets tricky, going for pits on lap 15...30 hopefully get away with it :)
12 eh? I'm going to run a bit online tonight to see if I can stretch to 15+ laps safely. 20 sounds like too far though, time will tell 👍

The race made me feel a lot better about myself than I was last week. Since then I've been racing hours every day trying to perfect my driving in traffic.;)

I do a lot of online racing normally and don't often do the TT's as you all probably know. So I'm used to trying to defend a position, just not having to do it for 8 laps :lol:

That's what I meant... then I checked the sign up sheet for the NA race and only saw 4 confirmed entrants. :lol: Guess this combo isn't that popular?

I've run my fastest online lap so far at a 57.536, which I didn't expect to get that fast.

That's what I meant... then I checked the sign up sheet for the NA race and only saw 4 confirmed entrants. :lol: Guess this combo isn't that popular?

I've run my fastest online lap so far at a 57.536, which I didn't expect to get that fast.

It's not the combo at fault, at least not in my case... a perfect storm of work has attacked me at the wrong moment... I get paid to do that and it allows me to do this so have to keep things in perspective.

That being said if I work all night and I don't sleep maybe I will finish in time to crash 32 times in 50 laps and race with you guys. :dopey:

Appears I shouldn't be hosting the room as Hydro seems to have issues connecting. I've backed out now.

Also, my lap time got down to 57.448 on a Q attempt.

Last edited:
Not the combo in my case, either. I had great fun with it offline, and online as well, after last Wed's NA Monaco race. But that darn RL keeps butting in. :grumpy:

Just a heads up that I may be unable to make the race tomorrow if a certain part for my iPhone turns up. That said though it should turn up (if it does) several hours before the race.

Just a heads up that I may be unable to make the race tomorrow if a certain part for my iPhone turns up. That said though it should turn up (if it does) several hours before the race.

Did I miss something? iPhones have parts? :lol:

After a bit of testing with Shawn tonight it looks like 50 is a good lap count. It should make for interesting pit strategy and a seriously good challenge 👍

I couldn't join practice yesterday, because came home very late.
Maybe if I can make it today I will make a quick session online and then maybe join the EU race. Don't know if it's a good idea without the proper pratice, but anyway don't have the pace to be competitive, so will be lurking in the last spots for errors (more then mine) :)

Same for me as for Tim: damn work keeps me away from GT too much. And to top it of I had a fever from friday to sunday, nice weekend right ? :crazy:

Last edited:
how are we qualifying for this race?

Once the partecipants are in the lounge, the steward usually divids the racers in two groups according to their divisions. Then the first group enters the race track and has 1 outlap and then 2 qualification hotlaps.
After this you park the car and wait for the steward to confirm your fastest time, then the second group qualifies.
Important is that you leave enough track between you and the other racers, so you don't interfere with faster people.

In the first page there is this section:

Qualification Procedures

Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

thanks noize... i have qualified before but it was single qualifying. thanks for the info

so i take it qualifying is done in pre race practice?

You're welcome, jamiebeech.

Qualifying starts before the race (@ 19:00 GMT in this case)

Yes, just make sure you are in the lounge about 10-15 minutes before the specified time. Pre-race practice is usually opened an hour before the scheduled start time.

Make sure you check your tires too - when I jumped in the room last night, I was on Comfort Softs - HOLY MOLY! The car spun out the second it gave me control out of the pits. :lol:

Is there any benefit to an oil change or burning the car in this week?

Make sure you check your tires too - when I jumped in the room last night, I was on Comfort Softs - HOLY MOLY! The car spun out the second it gave me control out of the pits. :lol:

Is there any benefit to an oil change or burning the car in this week?

Car's from recommended garage, so no :)

There's been a few times where I've jumped on the track and noticed TC was on. Didn't realize I had the wrong tires until I was sliding like the car was on ice. :lol:

The main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) is open for pre-race practice. Qualifying will not start for about 90 minutes, but we got the lounge open early because a few of the admins will be AFK for most of the time leading up to the race.

At the moment MadMax86 is host and i'm 2nd... if people have any issues connecting we'll swap hosts. Post here if you have any issues.

I may not be able to race due to a faulty wheel AND work, but at minimum I plan to be in the lounge to direct qualification and the start of the race (formation lap). If the stars align I may join the race myself.

Car's from recommended garage, so no :)

I have no clue how these online rooms work at this point - thanks for the clarification - is there any document around the forum explaining how to setup the rooms? I used my own lounge the other night to run about 25 laps and I swear I must have set it up wrong because the car felt alot better there than it did last night in the 3D3 room.

I have no clue how these online rooms work at this point - thanks for the clarification - is there any document around the forum explaining how to setup the rooms? I used my own lounge the other night to run about 25 laps and I swear I must have set it up wrong because the car felt alot better there than it did last night in the 3D3 room.

The OP will always contain all of the room / event details.
Just set the room to match the posted settings, and select the car according to specs and you will be good to go 👍

OP
Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

Race Quality: Standard
Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT
EU: Tuesdays @ 19:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

Track: Tsukuba
Car: AEM S2000 (from Recommended Garage) *** Recommended = Arcade car = no tuning ***
Tires: Sport Soft (S3's)
In Event Tuning Settings: R/A functions only
Example Tunes: N/A

Qualification Procedures

Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings

Game Mode: Normal Race
Laps: 50 (+1 formation lap)
Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start (see below)
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: No
Slipstream strength: Weak
Penalty: Off
Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
Race Finish Delay: Set to 110% Average lap (80 sec)
Grip Reduction: Real
Mechanical Damage: Light
Visible Damage: Off
Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On

Pits: Open & Optional

Regulation Settings

Performance Points: N/A
Power: 429 HP (Stock)
Weight: 1155 kg (Stock)
Engine Tuning Modifications: N/A
Intake, Exhaust Modifications: N/A
Turbo or Supercharger: N/A
Aero: N/A
Tire Restrictions: See above
Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

***Settings in bold never change.

I'll be in the lounge at 2pm. I probably will limit how much driving I do before qualifying. Might just do an "installation" lap only just to make sure everything is functioning properly. Anything to prevent my wheel from overheating.

Maybe you didn't use the recommended garage car... if you use one from your own garage the setup could be better... max downforce, etc. Or there was some small difference in the lounge settings. As Marc said, all the settings are clearly laid out in the details post.

Latest Posts

Back