GTP WRS-Online : Event 39 : Tsukubee Doo - June 6

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 94 comments
I didn't have any idea how the rooms worked on GT5 when I first started playing online GT5 either.

Just go to My GT5 > Home Settings > Lounge Settings and set it up as needed 👍

Might not be able to race tonight. Got people over and it's quite hectic with everything going on at the moment.

Going to change to reserve and I'll see what happens.

I'm going to have to cancel again I'm afraid guys. Hopefully at some point I'll get back involved properly and actually race but events recently seem to be conspiring against that happening. Have a good race anyway chaps. :cheers:

Maybe you didn't use the recommended garage car... if you use one from your own garage the setup could be better... max downforce, etc. Or there was some small difference in the lounge settings. As Marc said, all the settings are clearly laid out in the details post.

I think that is exactly what I did because I went and bought the car and then went into the lounge - thanks for clearing that up.

I have confirmed my reservation for tonight - I'll be there.

Congratz James on the win. I had my doubts that you would catch Wes on his one pit strategy, but the last 5 laps just killed Wes. As you closed the gap to a couple seconds I switched to Wes's car and saw the tires and knew there was no way he could finish ahead.

I'll have the results up later... My replay cannot fast forward or rewind so I can't get # of pits in teh results... But if someone can upload and share an NTSC version of the replay I can get that data.

Thanks. Great race to watch!

I took 2 stops as my first stop was too soon to make the tires last for the rest of the race.

I feel somewhat disappointed that I finished 5th when I was 3rd/4th for most of the race. I guess my strategy and the result of that final stop sort of killed my race. Oh well... that's how things go on such a short track.

Edit: I can get a replay uploaded as I was the only other NTSC in the room I believe.

ok just watched part of the replay ... and laughed :lol:

lap 19 was the magic car

lapp 33 chucked me out of pit entry i swerved to get back in and then it didnt offer tyre change so i had to pit again next lap.... apart from that was a good race... well done twissy and sorry for any contact

I took 2 stops as my first stop was too soon to make the tires last for the rest of the race.

I feel somewhat disappointed that I finished 5th when I was 3rd/4th for most of the race. I guess my strategy and the result of that final stop sort of killed my race. Oh well... that's how things go on such a short track.

Edit: I can get a replay uploaded as I was the only other NTSC in the room I believe.

Thanks, that would be great. If you make the NA race tonight you will be a favorite for a podium... I certainly won't be in contention even if I race. Those laps you guys did in EU will come in handy tonight. 👍

ok just watched part of the replay ... and laughed :lol:

lap 19 was the magic car

lapp 33 chucked me out of pit entry i swerved to get back in and then it didnt offer tyre change so i had to pit again next lap.... apart from that was a good race... well done twissy and sorry for any contact

Ahh, you got chucked out and dove back in. I was watchign twissy at the time and saw your triangle swerve back in and assumed you crashed in. As twissy went by I saw your car was ghosted and watched as you got the pass through penalty. I did not notice the magic car... I'll have to look at that.

Notice for the NA racers... be very careful on pit entry. If you catch grass even a little on entry or enter too fast you will get a pass thru... the pits at Tsukuba are *very* finicky.

I quickly checked my replay of when it kicked me out of the pits, it was lap 32 I was doing about 60 mph when the A1 took control for about one second then it just kicked me out, it looks like my outside tyres were just touching the grass though :crazy:.
Sorry to Noize because he went of track trying to avoid me I think.

Notice for the NA racers... be very careful on pit entry. If you catch grass even a little on entry or enter too fast you will get a pass thru... the pits at Tsukuba are *very* finicky.

You type to quick, looks like thats whats happend to me.

Not a great race for me to many mistakes, hope I didnt get anyone's way.

Last edited:
Replay is currently uploading. I'll link it once it's done.

Also, I have to apologize if I did get in Twissy's way towards the end of the race. I use roof cam and map zoomed into 2 and only noticed him behind me after I hit rear view, but as soon as I noticed him, I gave him space to get by but I should have backed off, even if it affected my race.

Yup, have to be very careful entering the pits at Tsukba, I experienced it the other day racing in the R32 series, pits wrecked my race giving me a drive through... so had to drive round again to actually pit! Soo have to make sure you slow right down

I quickly checked my replay of when it kicked me out of the pits, it was lap 32 I was doing about 60 mph when the A1 took control for about one second then it just kicked me out, it looks like my outside tyres were just touching the grass though :crazy:.
Sorry to Noize because he went of track trying to avoid me I think.

You type to quick, looks like thats whats happend to me.

Not a great race for me to many mistakes, hope I didnt get anyone's way.

First of all good race everyone :)

no problem for that hassle, wasn´t in control of my car some laps :crazy:
Was doing my fastest lap and then the next one 1´31.xxx
Sorry for any contact guys.

Here are the official results:

event39_res_eu.png

JB... I saw that ghost car on lap 19... strange as I've never seen that before. The fast forward function skips 2 laps at a time so it's kind of a pain to get to that point... it has to be another driver lagging or not updating with you I'm thinking... but in any case definitely a close encounter of the strange kind.

I found the magic car. It's GTP_Matthew. Watch the replay from his point of view on lap 19 and you'll see some incredible teleporting and crashing into several other guys. I suspect a weird lag issue, probably in GTP_Matthew's replay there is no such thing, but it looks like he takes out JB and then Jammy[?] all within the span of a couple seconds while sliding and spinning and at completely different sections of the track... Basically impossible stuff and had to be a glitch or major lag.

Thank you sir... downloading/importing it now and thus will be able to get the results out before too long.

PS> Al, there is your replay for the pictures. :sly:

I will download it tomorrow morning after work! Hope I can get the N/A race as well!

Al

I'm going to get into the habit of saving post-race replays in case they are needed. I saved it without hesitating today which turned out to be a good decision as I was the only NTSC participant in the EU race.

I had a good race overall, starting with a slide off the track early from 5th I found a bit of consistency while back in 8th place. I passed JB on the 10th lap and moved to 6th when Paul spun on the same lap.

I knew one stop was an impossible task so I pitted on lap 17, then again on lap 34. Luckily Matthews magic car left me unaffected and also allowed me to get by him and into 5th once all the pit stops had been and gone.

After Porche's pit I was right behind and able to put a little pressure on him but started to fall behind as my tires wore down. However I noticed his pitstop was short of halfway and hoped he would go a similar distance again and maybe get in front at his second pit. Thankfully it happened exactly like I hoped and passed during his 2nd stop and in 4th.

On lap 43 Pekka had an altercation with Noize which gave me 3rd position and in sight of the finish. By lap 47 I was still 2 seconds up and had caught JB who I was not able to get past. Under increasing pressure from Pekka behind me and JB just in front I was burning up my rear tires and eventually Pekka found a way though halfway around the last lap.

Overall i'm happy with my race though a little frustrated at the end and what could have been. ;)

P.S. No issues with the pit lane, have practiced it a number of times :D

Had to pull my Reserve, won't be home till about a half hour after the race starts.:grumpy:
See you soon! Have a great race.

Unlucky :(
Qualified in 2nd behind Pekka and had very good start putting pressure on until Pekka went to deep into the last corner on lap 3 or 4. Then built a 5 second lead on Lin, Kev passed him to move into 2nd shortly after. Took my first pit with a lead of 5.5 seconds on Lap 17 and was out again in 2nd just ahead of Tim, Marc and Pekka I believe. Halfway through my outlap disaster struck when my engine caught fire and all four tires exploded (D/C) forcing me to retire :(

Unlucky :(
Qualified in 2nd behind Pekka and had very good start putting pressure on until Pekka went to deep into the last corner on lap 3 or 4. Then built a 5 second lead on Lin, Kev passed him to move into 2nd shortly after. Took my first pit with a lead of 5.5 seconds on Lap 17 and was out again in 2nd just ahead of Tim, Marc and Pekka I believe. Halfway through my outlap disaster struck when my engine caught fire and all four tires exploded (D/C) forcing me to retire :(

Sorry Jon, you had a very good chance at a win and would have been a great battle with Kevin for sure.

Here are the official results:

event39_res_na.png

What can I say Kevin... Congratz... well someone else said sang it better:

Led Zeppelin
It's been a long time, been a long time,
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time. Yes it has.

Except for my spin and terrible first stint, I think I had pretty solid pace. If it weren't for that first lap spin, I probably would have been in contention for at least a podium finish.

Both times when I exited the pits, I came out behind EDK and being 2 laps down, I didn't want to push the issue trying to get by him on fresher tires and risk affecting the outcome of the racr so I stayed behind him, until A) he made his only pit stop of the race and B) he let me by towards the end of the race.

I'm still not use to these kind of races so I'm still learning. I'm definitely not sure how to handle unlapping myself, or if it's even allowed for me to make the move on my own. I figured in that situation with me 2 laps behind it was best not to make any move that could risk anything.

Yes, sorry to Jon for the disconnect when he had a solid chance at a very good finish.

This is my first win on Wednesday night, the official night of 3D3. So if I act like I haven't been there before, it's becasue I haven't. :dopey: Very happy that it came at this track, as it's been a favorite of mine for a long time, and was the pick for our very first WRS event on GT5.

I had a very consistent and boring race, which is what was needed tonight. I started in 5th, but was in 3rd after just a few laps, as GTP_orsche crashed in turn 1, lap 1 and then Pekka crashed in the last turn on lap 3. I decided at that point to just manage my race, keep the tires in good shape, and look for a 1 stop strategy in an effort to maintain the podium.

I managed to make it past LinPark and into 2nd place on lap 13, halfway through my first stint. We were actually running about the same pace, but he was just making a few mistakes here or there, and I was able to capitalize on one. From there, I was in second until jtv pitted at the end of lap 17, which put me in first. I had about an 11 second lead over second, and managed to hang onto most of it until my first pit on lap 26, going in with a 7 second lead.

My pit dropped me to 4th, but I knew everyone ahead was on a different pit strategy. As it turned out, Pekka was running a 1 stop strategy but waited until lap 29. :crazy: I used my fresher tires to get by Tim on lap 29, then was in second behind LinPark, as Pekka took his pit stop.

I caught LinPark by lap 34, passing him in the right hairpin after T2 split, and then he promopty took his last pit, leaving me with a big lead of nearly 17 seconds over Marc. From there, I knew I just needed to manage the gap and remain mistake free. It was a challenge to stay mentally focused, now I can appreciate what guys like Wes and James must go through. :sly:

The only other event was GTP_orsche coming up on me with 2 laps remaining to unlap himself. He was much faster on fresh tires, so after having him in my mirror for a lap, I decided to just let him by. Lost a little in that process, but managed to hang onto 13 seconds of my lead at the end.

Thanks to you guys for running all this every week, and it was a fun event tonight. 👍 :D

Glad to see you win Kevin. 👍 you've been close more than a few times. Of course it would have been nicer to win myself. :lol:

I found the magic car. It's GTP_Matthew. Watch the replay from his point of view on lap 19 and you'll see some incredible teleporting and crashing into several other guys. I suspect a weird lag issue, probably in GTP_Matthew's replay there is no such thing, but it looks like he takes out JB and then Jammy[?] all within the span of a couple seconds while sliding and spinning and at completely different sections of the track... Basically impossible stuff and had to be a glitch or major lag.

Yes Matthew hit me rear. It was like lighting didn't see it coming but sure felt it :)

Sorry bout that, I honestly don't know why my internet went like that for a lap.. Messed up my race a bit too :guilty:

Back