GTP WRS-Online : Event 44: Tim is Gonna Kill Me - July 11

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 89 comments
I don't think a 10 lap stint will make for a 2 stopper as that would leave a stint of 12 laps, not counting the formation lap. 9 laps would be optimum as you could pit on lap 10, 19 and 28, that's if you don't do any damage to the tires on the formation lap or first race lap. But, I'm looking to go 9, 18, 27 as the tires don't drop off much for the first 5 laps. It's laps 6 and on where the performance drops off a cliff, but unlike the previous combos I've taken part in, if you are careful enough later into the stint and take the slow corners a bit wider, it's possible to use almost the entire lifespan of the tire up.

The race I was referring to with the 8 laps, I did slide off the track on the opening lap in turn 1 as I misjudged the cold tires, so that took off quite a bit of life from the tires. I'm even thinking of rolling off the grid with TC or very carefully easing into the throttle in 2nd or 3rd gear to get moving. I'd rather not use TC though. :sly:

Start off the grid in 3rd gear and short shift... We do that in the enduros to prevent any wheel spin.

We should rename the event, "LMP is Gonna Kill Speedy." :P

Or: "Speedy is Gonna Kill anyone mentioning LMPs ever again".

Maybe Speedy could still join the lobby so we could watch the race on his stream. I believe you(Speedy) did that once, playing director with the different views. That would be cool.

I like LMP cars.
Wish I could do this race.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to run this race tomorrow since you aren't on the official GTP_Registry at this time, but if you submit your registry qualifier within the next couple weeks you can register for our enduro race on Aug 5th (and/or support races on the 4th) which will use the Audi R8 LMP car:

The following thread will walk you through the necessary steps:

If you've already completed all the steps it shouldn't be too much longer before your registry submission is processed.

Transmission
from default
Final Gear 5.000
Max Speed 240
1st 2.249
2nd 1.543
3rd 1.186
4th 0.970
5th 0.846
Final Gear 3.163

Max Speed in Top Right = 353kph

L.S.D. 5,8,5

Suspension
RH -10 -10
SR 14.8 14.2
Ext 10 4
Com 7 3
ARB 5 1
Camber 0.8 0.8
Toe 0.00 0.10

BB 7 4

Adjustments in Red:D, best of 1'41.838403 so far.

Last edited:
robiker
Did it last week.
If I'd known it was going to take this long to be approved, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

If youre looking for fun, clean, and competitive online racing on a weekly basis, it's worth the wait.

And if you just wanna run LMP's then there is the Motegi endurance race on Aug 5. Lmp and GT mixed class race, just like Le Mans :)

Did it last week.
If I'd known it was going to take this long to be approved, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Qualifiers are handled once a month and the mod in charge of that process is currently on vacation.

Now... on the the current combo. The car is better on tires once it burns off fuel. If you can manage to get to lap 10 before pitting, a 2 stop strategy will work out. I just pit on lap 9, and then again on lap 19, which put me back on that track for lap 10 and 20. Pitting on lap 10 could take you to lap 21/22 and from there you'd be good to go the rest of the way. Of course, this is only in free run where slipstream isn't active and you aren't racing amongst other drivers 99% of the time. Still think it's possible to do 2 stops now that I've gone further into a simulated race run.

Did it last week.

You would have known if you had read the registry qualifier thread:

EDK
What Happens Next?:

Your division will be determined by your lap time submission. Please allow for 2-4 weeks from time of submission for your entry to be categorized. Feel free to post in the weekly race threads while you wait for your qualifier to be processed. However, you will not appear in the Splits Leaderboard, and the FetchBot will not accept a submitted laptime until you have been added to the registry.

Keep an eye on this thread to see your division placement.

I read that, but I can't imagine why it would take that long.

It takes a little time because the person who processes it volunteers his free time to do so. It isn't his career and he isn't paid. A little patience is all they ask for and in return you get to participate in a great series. Once it is done you don't have to worry about waiting, you can enter any event you want.

Now I usually don't tune (actually I never tune), but I've managed to put together a pretty decent tune. Good and even tire wear rate, predictable to drive, and managed a 1'40.116 :) (full tank).

-15 -10
9.7 13.0
10 1
10 1
7 1
1.8 1.2
0.00 -0.10

12/11/10

5/4

First put the final gear to 3.100, then put max speed all the way to the left and adjust as following:
1st gear: 3.628
2nd gear: 2.570
3rd gear: 2.000
4th gear: 1.630
5th gear: 1.364
Final gear: 2.000

Yes Speedy, this is where the boys get seperated from the men :sly::)

I think you're being called a boy Speedy. :lol: We should rename the event, "LMP is Gonna Kill Speedy." :P

Holy Fightin' words! I think he's trying to inspire you to make the race and kick his 🤬 Speedy!

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the race results will say then. :mischievous:

I read that, but I can't imagine why it would take that long.

I think everyone has the right to go on vacation..... not ? The people who organise this (and believe me, it takes a lot of work) all do this for free. You have a bit bad luck that you registered during hollidays, in my case I only needed to wait 1 week....

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the race results will say then. :mischievous:

Does that mean you will race ? :)

Have a great race guys 👍 I'll have to wait for tonight's event :(
Good Luck Speedy!

I can't join the room but I only wanted to join to say I can't make it..

Formation lap has started, here's the qualifying results:

event44_quali_eu.png

Note: JTV and RacingWorld are not in the lounge.

Congratz to James for another dominant win. Nobody in the same time zone for that one.

Speedy, you started out a bit rough, but you came on strong from the mid point. I think you'll do pretty well in the NA race if you continue driving like that. Good stuff. 👍

Unofficial results (screen capture from Speedy's feed):

event44_results_eu_capture.png

Thanks Tim.
Can't say I enjoyed the car but apart from the rough start, at least I managed it. :sly:

110712.png

Too bad Wes.

Where's my challenger? :sly:

Livestream is going up now.
www.twitch.tv/speedy6543

Sorry guys, and most off all sorry Speedy, I challenged you and was not there, therefore i do admit you are the man, and I am still a boy :)

Have my son (Timo) sleeping over at my place tonight, ended up playing gt5 offline with him (something I don't often have the chance to do). I am preparing him for his first karting steps next friday. Before we knew it we had passed the race starting time....

He is off to bed now, if i am still awake I will race the US race later at night, but I would understand that the one I challenged will not be able to make that one...

if i am still awake I will race the US race later at night, but I would understand that the one I challenged will not be able to make that one...

I'm catching some sleep in between (4hrs) and set my alarm to get up and race the NA Race.
I'll be there. :)

Have my son (Timo) sleeping over at my place tonight, ended up playing gt5 offline with him (something I don't often have the chance to do). I am preparing him for his first karting steps next friday.

Hopefully you'll prepare him for his first WRS steps very soon, too! :)

Back