GTP WRS-Online : Event 44: Tim is Gonna Kill Me - July 11

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 89 comments
Hopefully you'll prepare him for his first WRS steps very soon, too! :)

Well he is kind of intrested in the competition, but still to young (9 years). He has his own gt5 account and is on a serious base working his way true all the levels. As he is doing this with my g27, and he is able to keep the cars on track. So I thought the time is right to give him his first real try out with a motorised vehicle :) We will see what happens, but I am sure it's gonna be a lot of fun.

I felt the same, even 5 or 6 months into attending every week. You'll get there, it just takes time, and consistency, which you seem to have both of. 👍

And...on that note, I'm definitely not making it tonight. Cancelling. 👎

I have to cancel also, too tired to stay up for the whole thing.

I'm sorry, I'm out of energy. I really thought I could make the EU race so it was ugly to hear I couldn't make it. I didn't plan on attending the NA race before as I didn't have a good feeling about it. Seems like that feeling was right. I really hope I can make the EU race in 2 weeks (I don't like next week's combo).

Have a good one.

I may watch the race if I don't fall asleep.

Holy, my game is taking forever to load :confused: I should be in the lobby shortly...

Qualification is complete and the race timer has been started:

event44_quali_na.png

I wanted to thank speedy for running those races even though it wasn't his favorite car. I watched both races on the feed and I don't know why, but it made me feel better about not being able to join you guys. I guess I won't have to kill Kevin after all. :lol: so I guess that means he should thank you too. :sly:

I assume it was an awesome race by Marc. I tried to follow your triangle on the map, but it was tough. Good job to Porsche for the 2nd place as Wes for the big delta!

I thought Pekka had second... Missed what happened there... Was it on the last lap?

Cheers guys... Missing one more week and then "I'll be back".

I thought Pekka had second... Missed what happened there... Was it on the last lap?

Last sector , the fast right - left - right before last turn.
3 wide out of the hairpin , on the entry Wesley was on my left and Shawn was on the right.
My tires were shot and I had no place to go.
Shawn backed off but I still ended up going off track (drifted off) while giving Wesley enought room to get thru clean.
Wesley fishtailed into the wall on right at exit and barely missed the track barrier on the follow up off track slide.
Shawn collected the spoils and moved up 2 positions on last sector of last lap. :D

Last edited:
Congrats to James and Marc for the wins and to Pekka, Wes, and shawn for the podiums.

I'd be down for a Saturday race if people show.

Congrats to James and Marc for the wins and to Pekka, Wes, and shawn for the podiums.

👍

I would like to do a race with my wheel again.

👍
I would like to do a race with my wheel again.

You guys are really trying to convert me into liking these rockets, aren't you? :P

Seriously, if there's enough attendance, I'd be willing to run the Saturday Attack with you guys. :)

You guys are really trying to convert me into liking these rockets, aren't you? :P

Seriously, if there's enough attendance, I'd be willing to run the Saturday Attack with you guys. :)
I hated LMP cars before I tried the Spa enduro.:sly:

I had a horrible time in this race, just couldn't get a feel for it at all and my head wasn't in the right place, ended up sitting in the pits for 5 minutes to have a break :ouch:

Thanks for the congrats guys. As mentioned in the lobby after the race, I have never sweated so much in 1 race. Sweating into my eyes was really killing me - had to wait for the straight every time.
8 laps with Shawn on my bumper followed by another 16 with Pekka right behind me was really testing all of me. Btw Pekka, 318 on the straight when I started to brake - practically every time.
It looks like you got held up by the other drivers pitting on our first stop. Guys, your PSN vouchers are in the mail :sly:

You guys are really trying to convert me into liking these rockets, aren't you?
Yup!

I hated LMP cars before I tried the Spa enduro.:sly:
It worked with Wes!

The Spa race was a real eye opener for us as well. At first we (Tim, Lucas, myself) couldn't get 4 1/2 laps without burning off all the rear tires, and those laps were a serious struggle to kept the car on track.
The original 'what have we gotten into with this one' thoughts eventually became 'c'mon... Let's run it again!" :D
They really do grow on you 👍 Extremely long 2nd, and 3rd gears help. Don't use first -ever - trust me on that one ;)
My right calf is always cramped after a LMP race from babying the throttle so much :lol: going to have to work on that.

If Saturday looks like it will be a return to GVSR, I'll do my absolute best to make it. Mohit and I ran almost the same total time, albeit in different races (not the first time ;)), let's see how it works out on track together!

Here are a few snap shots from both races on Wed.

Al

GrandValleySpeedway_17_edited-1.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_9_edited-1.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_16_edited-1.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_14_edited-1.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_5_edited-1.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_2_edited-1.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_1_edited-1.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_8_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone is up for running this again today, now's the time to speak up 👍

Nice pics Al - love the last one 👍 I'm guessing the 3rd last is myself and Pekka ;)

Last edited:
Yes, I'll be there. :)

I'll start up the lounge in about 20min or so.

That was a good time guys 👍
Thanks to Speedy and Noize for coming out.

I'm in the lobby now running a GT Academy race with Hasslemoff. We'll be here for a bit...

Back