GTP WRS-Online : Event 49 : NS X-Men - Reunion

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 96 comments
OMG, you want some more of this huh?
Yea, hope for other awesome battles ;)
Signed up with the Mobil 1 btw, have to buy it in the OCD.
And...Quali starts at 4am (my time) so i'm not sure to hit consistent 1:34...

The A lounge is open for business. I'll be AFK for a while.

Good luck to everyone. 👍

If someone cancels or "no shows" you are welcome to the 15th spot assuming you don't lose your power. You are the only reserve and registration is closed. If someone is missing just before quali I'll post to the thread that a spot is open.

We're 13 in the lounge. Speedy and JTV haven't notified us and are not in the lounge so you are free to join if you are available.

EDIT: Speedy just showed up. Still no JTV.

UPDATE: Quali started, we're on group 2 now.

Last edited:
Suffered from massive screen tearing as soon as I pulled up beside EDK and Cats_Pyjamas.

I didn't touch Baron in my screen, nor did I feel it, but I saw him into the wall in turn 1. The way he ended up into the wall could have only been from my car. If it were from mine, I'm sorry.

Pulled over because the screen tearing didn't relent and didn't want to be a hazard.

Week49NAResults.png

Thanks Speedy for capturing all the data!

What a race! :cheers: Congrats Tim and Pekka for the other podium spots. 👍 Had a great time trying to chase Tim down, but he was always just out of reach on the straight. :ouch: Nice driving, guys.

Is that last blank row at the bottom the empty spot vacated by JTV? :lol:

Yes. Thank you for pointing that out, Tim. :boggled:

Missed you in the race, JTV. :(

Sorry for the no show everyone. Maybe if I throw my alarm against a wall a couple of times it might start working properly :ouch:

Nice to see some Div5 drivers showed up, Zippy and Gman 👍, hope to race you guys in the near future. In fact it would be awsome to see more Div4 and Div5 drivers competing in the WRS races.

Racingworld68
Nice to see some Div5 drivers showed up, Zippy and Gman 👍, hope to race you guys in the near future. In fact it would be awsome to see more Div4 and Div5 drivers competing in the WRS races.

Agreed and it's really nice to have these large fields too. A few more regulars and we can run A/B races each week.

Racingworld68
Nobody on a one stopper in the NA race ;)

I don't have the skill to pull that off so didn't try. Pekka proved he could do it but was probably having too much fun trading paint with Litchi. :lol:

GTPorsche
If next week is Spa, I'll definitely be participating.

Yes it is. Thread should be up later today/tonight. I'm traveling and get back late next Tues so it's unlikely I'll participate. Have fun guys and be careful in those grip monsters.

Nobody on a one stopper in the NA race ;)

I gave serious thought to a three-stopper. But the tires held up well in my first stint and I could've gone a couple laps farther with them than I actually did. Not so much in the second stint; they were clearly shot at the end and were giving me trouble the last couple laps.

Not sure where my quail time came from. I was running consistent 1:38s on fresh tires and in practice only got below that with aid from a draft. But there was no draft on either of my quali hot laps.

There is never draft in free run even if you are following close. It's only "turned on" during race mode. I wish we could turn it on/off for practice to get used to it, but not possible.

I had a great race right up until the in-laws walked into the house! Awesome racing with you Snow! Sorry to see we had a couple of D/C's today. I am so looking forward to an in-law free race this evening!

Al

Yeah, that was intense for the better part of 2 stints! I think Speedy was in there also most of the time. I think we shifted places at least a dozen times. Whoever was first in our train of cars fell prey to the others on the straight and when you got ahead it was real easy to misjudge one corner and instantly being sniffed by the others behind.

I didn't know what happened to you when you were suddenly gone, but that explains it. Sort of force majeure... :sly:

What was odd though, was the fact that we didn't run any faster than mid-35's when we were together. You would think that the slipstream helps with laptimes, but apparently the other cars around you cost so much concentration that it's not an advantage overall.

When I finally was running on my own in the third stint, I was surprised to see I had just done three 34's in a row, amongst that a 34.1. :crazy: I have no idea where that came from as I had never been below 34.5 before. Have to find it in the replay.

Glad I finally made it to a race. Don't worry about the contact Gooners, especially if you were having issues with your connection.

Raced mostly by myself after that, but did have a few laps with pilmat in hot pursuit, which was fun.

Going to try to make a few more races in the future, see you then.

Racingworld68

Thanks, it's a lot of fun. Unfortunately, next week will by last for awhile. Once classes start life around here is insane. When I do have time again, I'll definitely be back to race in WRS events. The mods, stewards, and racers are all great. Of course, by then I'll be alone in D5 as Ray and the others will have likely advanced to D4. 👍

snowgt
Yeah, that was intense for the better part of 2 stints! I think Speedy was in there also most of the time. I think we shifted places at least a dozen times. Whoever was first in our train of cars fell prey to the others on the straight and when you got ahead it was real easy to misjudge one corner and instantly being sniffed by the others behind.

I didn't know what happened to you when you were suddenly gone, but that explains it. Sort of force majeure... :sly:

What was odd though, was the fact that we didn't run any faster than mid-35's when we were together. You would think that the slipstream helps with laptimes, but apparently the other cars around you cost so much concentration that it's not an advantage overall.

When I finally was running on my own in the third stint, I was surprised to see I had just done three 34's in a row, amongst that a 34.1. :crazy: I have no idea where that came from as I had never been below 34.5 before. Have to find it in the replay.

Low fuel is the reason for the fast laps in the 2nd and third stints. My fastest lap in practice all week was 34.2 and I ran two 33.8 laps in the 2nd stint from the lead with no draft.

And I agree a pack of three is definitely slower than one guy hitting all his marks. In a pack of two a faster guy can definitely tow a slower driver, but if they swap positions it will certainly slow them. The slower guy would be better served to bump draft and back off before brake zone. But then you risk faster guy taking off and breaking the draft so it's a tough call.

Fun stuff though... Adds another dimension. I love racing at Fuji. My favorite behind only Spa.

Last edited:
I love Fuji too. :D So damn proud of this lap where Pekka and Litchi let me by...to continue the Hunt For Tim.

I love Fuji too. :D So damn proud of this lap where Pekka and Litchi let me by...to continue the Hunt For Tim.

First off, that lap was impressive and you should be proud. Those two didn't "let you by", you earned every inch and those two letting you by is an oxymoron. Two of the hardest guys to pass in any situation and you pulled it off in one circuit of the track with two clean overtakes. 👍 I'm glad they battled you because I needed every tenth of advantage.

Second, you should be proud of your race. You were fast and consistent the entire race. You could have easily won. I think that one pit and following pit exit is the only thing that gave me a gap. I couldn't earn a gap on any of the normal laps and in fact for the most part would lose a tenth here or there.

Finally, you were super courteous early in the race. When Litchi and Pekka were battling side by side for nearly every corner until their off in turn 1 of lap ?? I had to slow in odd parts of the track many times because there was no safe way to pass that two wide battle. You didn't try to dive bomb me when you had a couple opportunities to do so and you never punted me when I had to brake really early because of the guys in front of me. Quality race by you Lucas.

If I could split the win with you I would... I wouldn't have minded losing in a drag race to you to the finish. Keep it up mate and your first win is sure to come soon. It's great to have a guy in your rear view mirror that you can trust to race fair and clean... even if it means his first win is delayed a little.

With that said, you didn't get the win and I'm not splitting it :lol:, but to make it up to you the pizza is on me Monday night at Pagliacci's. 👍

Thanks, man. :D I think I just tear'd up a little. :embarrassed:

WRP001
When Litchi and Pekka were battling side by side for nearly every corner until their off in turn 1 of lap ??
I don't remember what lap this was, but it must have been in the first stint...
FujiSpeedwayGT_18.jpg

Are we running attack races tonight with this combo?
I would be interested in doing some racing with you guys 👍

Yes, we could.

I'll only be in the lounge around 19:30 - 19:45 GMT, still enough time before our normal 20:00 GMT Attack format start.

We'll just see who shows up then and go from there.

PS: Glad you like the Attack Format. 👍

Wish I could. Love this one, but away from home. Good luck.

Yes, we could.

I'll only be in the lounge around 19:30 - 19:45 GMT, still enough time before our normal 20:00 GMT Attack format start.

We'll just see who shows up then and go from there.

PS: Glad you like the Attack Format. 👍

Ok, I'm in the main lounge now, doing some testing on La Sarthe, feel free to join to race the NSX.

I hope a few players show up, would be awesome.

And yes Speedy: I love saturday night racing :) and the attack format

Back