GTP WRS-Online : Event 52 : Fair Lady of the Ring - September 5

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 68 comments
Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a Fair Lady, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!

Ha I realised straight away. Is it the scene where frodo looks into the water and see's the shire burning! :(
Love those films

jamiebeech
Ha I realised straight away. Is it the scene where frodo looks into the water and see's the shire burning! :(
Love those films

No it's when he offers the ring to the wood elf queen. Those were her words. Looking forward to the Hobbit movies coming soon!

Any chance of a late entry please chaps? I haven't raced online for months so not sure how my race-craft will be but I'm up for a laugh if you guys don't mind.. :)

"I cannot deny that my heart has greatly desired this." :P

Sure Chris, sign up with the google doc if it isn't frozen yet. Regardless, you're welcome to join the race.

I'm starting up my PS3 now to set up the lounge fro pre-race practe/warm up.

EDIT: Tim and Jon are already there.

Any chance of a late entry please chaps? I haven't raced online for months so not sure how my race-craft will be but I'm up for a laugh if you guys don't mind.. :)

"I cannot deny that my heart has greatly desired this." :P

Of corse Chris 👍
There's plenty of room today, so just go ahead and register. Good luck :cheers:

Edit: Speedy was Speedier ;)

Lounge is open for pre-race (in case you aren't already aware). :sly:

Great race guys! Was good fun 👍

Nice win gooners and congrats to the podium.
Was quite pleased with my race, the first time without a real spin, just one minor accident.

Altough that black screen tearing was killing me :mad:
If you wonder what it looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLVrdtx5mo (mine is on the left side tough).

So any suggestions for a new TV ? :sly:

n0iZe83
Great race guys! Was good fun 👍

Nice win gooners and congrats to the podium.
Was quite pleased with my race, the first time without a real spin, just one minor accident.

Altough that black screen tearing was killing me :mad:
If you wonder what it looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLVrdtx5mo (mine is on the left side tough).

So any suggestions for a new TV ? :sly:

I'm currently using the Epson 710hd projector, it's pretty sweet almost 100 inches I just need to find a wall with no lights obstructing the view

What a race!!!! !!! !! !

Congrats to Tim for 2nd. We were going at it for the whole race :cheers:.

Congrats to Chris too for 3rd!

I'm physically more tired than a 2.4 hour LMP enduro!

Good win gooners. 👍

event52_res_eu.png

That was closest bumper to bumper racing for extended periods I've had in a long time. A bit frustrating to have the pace and not bring home a victory, but gooners earned it.

I haven't been nervous in a race for a long time, but for some reason starting on pole I had the jitters.

I knew gooners was going to short pit me, but I didn't think it would be possible for me to do 13 laps late in the race so I was handcuffed. My hope was to get out to a 2-3 second lead and offset the short pit, but when gooners was on my tail after 10 laps that plan went out the window and I knew at some point I'd have to make a difficult pass somewhere on this track. Just couldn't pull it off anywhere and do it clean.

After coming out of my 2nd pit stop 6 seconds down with 11 to go I knew I could and would catch gooners, but I was doubtful I could pass unless he made a mistake. Turned out to be right unfortunately.

Last edited:
DC'd during the countdown and just couldn't get back on, sorry guys.

Well done on the win Mohit, looked like Tim kept you on your toes 👍

DC'd during the countdown and just couldn't get back on, sorry guys.

Well done on the win Mohit, looked like Tim kept you on your toes 👍

Sorry Mike. We took the formation lap *very* slow figuring if I saw you log back in we'd halt and reset and wait for you. But after 2 minutes you were still showing as off PSN so we continued. Might be the slowest formation lap in our history at 3 minutes and 40 seconds. :lol:

BTW, we are down to 5 confirmed drivers tonight. I sure hope one or two of the reserves show up so we can have an official race. :scared:

BTW, we are down to 5 confirmed drivers tonight. I sure hope one or two of the reserves show up so we can have an official race. :scared:
I'll be there Tim.. I'll change my thing to Confirmed. 👍

I'm close to being able to make it too guys, but I haven't run a lap online, or offline.
Is the tune Pekka posted a jump in and go tune? I'll see if I can squeeze in some indy 500 laps to break the car in.

Pekka's tune has worked well for me, though I did lower the LSD Initial and Decel to 8 and 12.

I used a combination of Vagabonds tune with RH -20/-10 and Baron's tranny with a modified FG.

BB 7/2 works well, but if you want to save tires a bit something like 6/4 or 5/3 is easier on the fronts.

Setup so far

0/-25
17.0/12.0
9/7
9/7
7/7
2.0/1.0
0.00/0.00

5/16/7

Tranny trick, final @ 4149 (almost the same as Baron as it turns out )

BB 7/2 ABS 10

Tranny trick, then

Final: 4140

Final gear for race I set to 4.180

Lucas practiced with both tunes yesterday, not sure which he preferred.

PS> It's definitely a tricky combo. Hopefully you get a few laps before the race. You're pretty good with front tire wear and that's the hardest part so you have a leg up there.

Thanks for the tunes 👍 Alright, I'll try to make it... well I was trying anyway, we'll just have to see if it works out. At best I'm 50%

I think I'm going to use the same as Tim. Pekka's felt a bit too oversteery for me, but I might have fixed that with a simple brake balance change...Too late to change now probably, as I won't be joining till about 10min before quali. 👍

Hope you can make it Marc!

But I love Pekka's oversteer tunes :lol:
Might not be practical on no practice, but We'll see. I will make the lobby in time to run some laps though... so some practicing will get done.

Hydro
But I love Pekka's oversteer tunes :lol:
Might not be practical on no practice, but We'll see. I will make the lobby in time to run some laps though... so some practicing will get done.

I set that tune last night before going to bed, and ran it this morning as-is, and I only had 20-30 mins with it pre-race ; I found it pretty liveable with even worn tires, even with the BB set as is; though you might consider RAing that after 7-8 laps or so, wear wasn't too far from even, and while the first stint incident killed my tires a bit, the following stints I had a lot to spare.

I had two nasty incidents in the race, but those were from 1) dodging a big accident and winding up too low on the roundabout (facing the railing downhill there is REALLY BAD), and 2) getting too brave with a kerb when I was pushing to catch Noize. I was typically throttling in on downshift or short shifting a little in the squirrelly bits, mind, and I never went faster than 34s. I also didn't try any other tune online :guilty:.

Car and track were fun!

I just changed my status to confirmed. I'll try to get online by 8:30 to get a setup.

Back