GTP WRS-Online : Event 53 : Return to Trial Mountain - September 12

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 88 comments
They grow up so quickly, don't they? Congrats on 1 year guys.:cheers:

Looking forward to the race tomorrow, this combo is great.👍

My current setup:

DF 20/50

transmission
First move final gear to 3.415 and then max speed to 180 km/h (all the way to left)
And then set the gears as follows:

f2.500

LSD 12/15/14

suspension
-5/-7
12.0/10.5
2/7
2/2
7/1

1.9/1.5
-0.10/-0.15

brakes 3/5 ABS3

Sports Soft tyres

I really like this combo, but I did request this car a few months ago. :D

Should be some close racing tomorrow.

I really like this combo, but I did request this car a few months ago. :D

Should be some close racing tomorrow.

Some cars are put on hold for quite a while :sly:
Just about to jump in for some quick practice.

Here's my tune:

-10/-10
15/13.5
9/8
6/6
6/6

3.0/1.3
0.00/-0.20

8/22/8
Bb 3/4

It's a looser tune than I used offline, but it's also way more fun. T2 times are 25.0 :D. I still sort of suck at t1.
Good for 1'31.3-5s but I did hit the odd 1'31.2.

OP update:

• Laps: 40 (+1 formation lap)
  • Start Type: Formation lap + Standing start

• Speed limit on formation lap is 80 mph / 120 kph and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
    Note for the polesitter, accelerate gently coming out of the turns during the formation lap. This way everybody should be able to keep up.

To make sure nobody overshoots his grid spot for the standing start, be sure to leave a reasonable gap at the end of the formation lap and slowly drive towards your spot.

The race will start at exactly 3:00min on the racetimer.

Think this will not be a good day for me to race !!! Just had an accident in RL, kind of folded my car togheter :ouch:

Firmware 4.25 released last night. If you have yet to update to the current firmware, make sure you give yourself some extra time to update before you have to be in the lounge for the race. To be safe, I'd allow for at least 20-30 minutes for it to download and install.

That's not good Frank, hope everyone was ok.

Yes, there are no casualties. Bumped my head (but there is nothing in it, so no worries). If you see me crashing tonight, then you know it is just the 'state' I am in today.

Think this will not be a good day for me to race !!! Just had an accident in RL, kind of folded my car togheter :ouch:

Oh no Frank, I'm glad everbody is ok. Do you need to wear a collar? Everything fine with your neck? What about the car?

To brighten up a little this thread:
Just installed my new TV :)
Did get this little baby: http://www.philips.it/c/televisori/5500-series-3d-da-117-cm-46-pollici-con-dvb-t-c-46pfl5507h_12/prd/

So I'm all set for tonight, no more frustrating half black screens :cheers:

... Good for 1'31.3-5s but I did hit the odd 1'31.2.

Incredibile times Marc 👍
hope to keep up with you, yesterday the first race went no so bad tough.

See you all tonight

I had a couple short runs in the lounge today and could barely break into the 32's. :scared:
No clue on how you guys get low 31's and we (Pekka and me) even saw Jack (GTP_Jet) run a 30.7(!) late in the EU practice. :ouch:

I don't know where my pace came from yesterday either. If it wasn't for a few spots on the track in the first race where I ran wide due to the car pushing, I would have beat Wes.

No clue on how you guys get low 31's and we (Pekka and me) even saw Jack (GTP_Jet) run a 30.7(!) late in the EU practice. :ouch:

It was a 30.8 ;) most of it because of Pekka's tune though :bowdown: and I have been doing the WRS practice last week.

Looking forward to my first WRS online event, see you guys in a bit.

Can everyone, registered for EU, update their status ASAP.

We need to finalize how and in which room we will be racing.

Thanks.

good luck guys, im going to pull out. didnt get any time to practice for this event

With the possibility of a 16 grid race, the race will be going on in GTP_jtv90069's lounge.

I'm in his lounge and it is set up for pre-race practice.

Sorry , I forgot to sign up yesterday. + Firmware update.. it'll be a close one if I'll be there in time for qualify.

12_09_12.png

Off to bed now, can't miss out on this one. Was way too much fun!
Congrats Jack, Pekka and Marc! 👍

Good racing guys, glad that I have finally taken part in one of these races, and I regret I didn't do it earlier. Great organisation guys. I'm back to uni this weekend so you are unlikely to see me until December. I'll definitely join in again then.

:cheers:

Great Win Jack 👍
And great race too Pekka. Looks like a 2 stopper was the way to go after all. I didn't think you were going for 2 stops, and I still don't think that was the plan. After all, you pitted on lap 16, whaich I didn't at all see coming and slammed right into your rear end as you braked for the pit :( No biggie though, it probably only cost me about 2 seconds ;). Those first 16 laps were awesome.

The irony was that in our first 3D3 race Tim caught me with 1 lap to go... I hate Deja-vu when it doesn't work for me.
I still think 1 stop is faster, but it requires an almost mistake free race, which I didn't run. In the last 10 laps I was too concerned about Pekka catching me and really drove the car too hard resulting in extra tire wear and a few wall bumps on corner exits. Somewhere around lap 25 I started doing the lap math and figured that if I could run consistently, the extra pit stop would cost you enough that I could stay ahead by about 5 seconds. Somewhere in the math I forgot to run consistently :)

Really looking forward to the rematch tonight 👍
The race will be in the Regular 3D3 Main race lobby. If we wind up with more than 12 drivers we will move to a 3D3 lounge which has mics disabled.

The Lobby is open everyone.
I'll be away until 15 past or so.

13_09_12-1.png

Thanks to Speedy and Wes(?) for compiling the results, and allowing me the easy job of posting them! :)

Felt great to get pole, but then I showed why I don't belong there. :( Sorry about the mix up on the grid.

Congrats Wes on an impossible feat, Pekka for a great battle (sorry about the early brake/shift-check), and Kev, for making the 1-stop work. 👍

So fun battling Marc for those first 10 laps or so. :lol:

I'll miss next week, but am going to find it hard missing 2 weeks from now. :mischievous:

All Christophe's work.👍

That was good fun, especially the first laps of the race. Then it was just conserving tires the whole race long.. but somehow I find that enjoyable in a way as well. At some point late in the race I saw I had a 40 seconds advantage on Kevin. Then I saw a triangle coming closer and closer and I thought... here we go. Ranking must be mixed up again. Started to get more nervous but looked in the mirror and saw that it was Al trying to unlap himself. That was some relief.. Luckily I didn't blow up my tires trying to stay ahead.

Noticed if you guys had the same pace as you had in the EU race it would have been pretty close.:)

That was wicked fun Lucas 👍
The two races combined for easily the most fun I've had online in I long time. If I wasn't fighting with Lucas or Pekka or Shawn - and that was a lot, I was stuck tring to figure out what new tire bug Wes found. Incredible :bowdown: - and then Kevin joined the Mix for a great finish :D

And yes Pekka, I'm all déjà-vu'd out. It's bad enough that Wes crushed us, but you just had to pull off a late pass again too - just like Tim did last year :lol:

All Christophe's work.👍

Noticed if you guys had the same pace as you had in the EU race it would have been pretty close.:)
It all came down to more fighting for position Wes. I was 10 seconds slower tonight, but had so many battles it was getting tiring and I made more mistakes toward the end. 12 laps to start, a few more in the middle and the last 15 were just exhausting. Plus when 2 drivers are fighting through corners as well as on the straights it just slow both drivers down.
I'd trade those ten seconds for more great close racing any day :sly:

Last edited:
Back