North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT

Mazda Roadster TC @ Trial Mountain Reverse

MazdaRoadsterTC.png
track_trial_mountain_reverse.jpg

Steward's Notes

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-15 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 16+ we will split the grid.

week_53_reg.png

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

TrialMountainCircuit_7.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

TrialMountainCircuit_16copy.jpg

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 19:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Trial Mountain Reverse
  • Car: Mazda Roadster TC (from New Car Dealership / Premium Garage / DLC)
  • Tires: Sport Softs (S3)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning Allowed - R/A functions allowed
  • Example Tunes: EDK (Offline) | WARDEZ (Praiano Approved) (Online)

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 40 (+1 formation lap)
  • Start Type: Formation lap + Standing start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First based on Qualification
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 110% Average lap (110 sec)
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pits: Open and Optional

Regulation Settings

• Performance Points: 496 PP (with full aero)
  • Power: 224 HP
  • Weight: 795 kg
  • Engine Modifications:
    • ECU Tuning Upgrade: Allowed
    • Engine Stage Upgrades: Stage 3 Required
    • Engine Power Limiter: N/A
  • Intake Modifications:
    • Sports Intake Manifold: Allowed
    • Racing Air Filter: Allowed
  • Exhaust Modifications:
    • Sports Exhaust Manifold: Allowed
    • Catalytic Converter - Sports: Allowed
    • Titanium Racing Exhaust: Allowed
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not Allowed (will restrict HP in the regulations)
  • Oil Change: N/A
  • Aero: Allowed
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Formation Lap

• A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification while all drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 80 mph / 120 kph and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker for Trial Mountain Reverse is start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

TrialMountainCircuit_11copy.jpg
Thank You to everyone who has raced with us and contributed to the WRS Online community in the last year.
3D3Signature.png

:cheers:

wrstitlesracehighlights.png

EU Pictures

EUGridposition12namecopy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_43copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_40copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_37copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_44copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_36copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_41copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_38copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_47copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_39copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_48copy-1.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_45copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_48copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_35copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_42copy.jpg

Now for the action!!!

TrialMountainCircuit_34copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_33copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_32copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_31copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_59copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_58copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_56copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_55copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_54copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_53copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_52copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_51copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_50copy.jpg

And finally a pic from E/U practice that I thought was good enough to share.

TrialMountainCircuit_30copy.jpg

NA Pictures

TrialMountainCircuit_15copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_17copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_22copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_20copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_21copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_19copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_16copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_18copy.jpg

Now for the action...

TrialMountainCircuit_14copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_13copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_12copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_10copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_8copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_7copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_6copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_5copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_24copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_4copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_3copy.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_2copy.jpg

Allibubba99
And me trying to get my lap back from Wes who was on a no stopper!

Tryingtotakemylapbackcopy.jpg

Oh hell yes, bring on the mountain-climbing 4-banger. :mischievous:

Oh go on then... :D

Happy Birthday 3D3! :cheers: Fantastic job you guys did in getting this going, becoming officially sanctioned, and continuing to be a stellar series, professionally run, and a joy to take part in. 👍 Unfortunately you're all across the pond there so I'll drink your beers for you tonight. :)

Those shiny cars in the pic look so good I'm definitely going to change from my lame Matte Green paint, but haven't decided to what yet. I may watch the registration for a few days and pick something completely different. Too bad they don't make pink chrome. :lol:

Blue w/ red wheels or Red w/ blue wheels would work with the white stripe. Nice an 'merican. Same colors as your avatar, actually. :P

This is a post for all division 4&5 drivers. It would be awsome to see some more drivers from these divisions. Maybe the one year anniversary race would be a good chance for some to race. Do not let the fact there are a lot off drivers from higher divisions frighten you. I am also most of the races in the back of the field, but even in those region some nice battle's take place with people on an equal skill level. These online races are the best events to improve your skills, and they are a lot of fun.

I have talked with some people from div 4 and 5, and they gave me the impression they were not sure off them selve or affraid for the opponents. When there are more people who join, we can split rooms up, that way the race in room B gets intresting aswell as you challenge your direct opponents.

It's not all about winning the race, true it would be awsome (still looking for my first podium). But a 7th or 8th place can be a victory on yourself.... think about it ;)

So come on, and join the fun, do not hesitate, you will regret later :)

This is a post for all division 4&5 drivers. It would be awsome to see some more drivers from these divisions. Maybe the one year anniversary race would be a good chance for some to race. Do not let the fact there are a lot off drivers from higher divisions frighten you. I am also most of the races in the back of the field, but even in those region some nice battle's take place with people on an equal skill level. These online races are the best events to improve your skills, and they are a lot of fun.

I have talked with some people from div 4 and 5, and they gave me the impression they were not sure off them selve or affraid for the opponents. When there are more people who join, we can split rooms up, that way the race in room B gets intresting aswell as you challenge your direct opponents.

It's not all about winning the race, true it would be awsome (still looking for my first podium). But a 7th or 8th place can be a victory on yourself.... think about it ;)

Totally agree.

Another suggestion if you are thinking about getting your feet wet, but are tentative. Join us for Tuesday practices first. That's a very relaxed atmosphere. We may run a few test races, but lots of free run and chatter and low stress fun while you get comfortable with us. Ask any questions you like and since there is no race to direct it's a perfect time to ask. And you don't have to commit to the race to join us for practice either.

My personal story is that 15 months ago I was too tentative and unsure of myself to run the OMRS of June 2011. I had never run an online race and was afraid to make a mistake and look foolish. Here I am at the end of year 1 of this series with what will be 89 official races under my belt. Things change a lot in a short period of time if you give them a chance. :lol:

I can vouch for Franks post 👍

I remember the first (unofficial) EU Race, it was just me, Pekka, Mark and Sjaak. I was feeling a bit out of my depth but it was great fun. I think my next race was the Monaco event in the Miatas, which again was brilliant, close racing. I was hooked by then.

I definitely recommend to the guys in the lower divisions to take part.

Unfortunately I don't I have this car, so can't compete this week.

Just registered, cant wait to race now I have my new g27!! And happy Birthday WRS/3D3
its always a pleasure, and here's to many more:tup:👍👍

I think I might repaint my Miata. Lots of green for the main color on that registration sheet.

To start things off I would like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY 3D3!!!

Well said Frank! I started racing in these online events many months ago. I contribute my driving improvement to these races and the drivers that participate in them. The racing is clean, fair and very well organized. Racing from the back I was always concerned about getting in the way of the faster drivers. With their guidance I no longer worry about being lapped and to be honest it doesn't happen that often anymore! Some events are more fun than others but everytime it is always an excellent experience and I always learn something! Come on out at try it at least once and as Tim mentioned you can always join us for the official practices on Tuesdays!

I have registered for both races and will be joining Marc (Hydro) with Team Canada colors! Go Canada Go!

I will also be racing with my brand new G27 racing wheel! Thanks go out to my wonderful and beautiful wife /racing crew, for the best birthday presents a husband could ever ask for! (She also bought me the PS3 and GT5!!!!) Sorry guys, she doesn't have a sister!

Al

I know exactly what I'll do with my color combo for this one. :sly:

Just have to get around to updating that after the F1 race this morning, and after I repaint the car.

First fo all HAPPY BIRTHDAY 3D3 Racing! Keep it going guys, you're doing a wonderful job 👍

Just signed up for the EU race, did quite a few laps in the TT and the combo is nice.
Had not the best pace in the TT, but we will see what I can do online.

Happy Birthday 3D3 but more appropriate, congratulations to Tim, Marc, and Lucas. It's amazing what this series has grown into in only 1 year, it's a mighty accomplishment that you guys should be proud of! Will the name change to 3D2 in year 2?:lol:

I can't make either of the races, volunteering at the county fair for work, but I will try to make Tuesday night practice. Congrats again guys.

I'm setting myself to reserve with the knee-thing. Nothing badly damaged but some rest is needed. I will have been to the hospital on raceday, probably just to pull out the moisture. So we'll see how that goes. Have been hearing that's not a pleasant experience. :scared:

Wouldn't want to miss this one actually...

Thanks everyone for the kudos, and the support for the last year. :cheers: As the resident slacker of the 3 of us, I have to thank Marc and Tim for not cutting me loose of their coattails (yet). :D

Sorry to hear about the injury, Christophe. :( Get well soon!

I'm headed in for practice in about 30min. Jon found a tune by Wardez that he's going to edit into the OP:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6664518#post6664518

I am off to set up the main lounge for practice, feel free to join early!

Al

I'm setting up to join the lounge now.

Good to see you joining in Jack. 👍

Thought I'd previously sent the friend requests to the 3D3 PSNs but obviously not. I've just sent the requests now

Ah yes, I see. We had to delete some of the list because we were hitting the 100PSN friends limit.
I can add you but only on the main, which is most important for now.

Give me a minute.

EDIT: done.

Back