10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT
img.php

Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (Super GT) '08 @ Autumn Ring

car_autobacs_arta_garaiya_super_gt_08.jpg
track_autumn_ring.jpg

Steward's Notes

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-15 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 16+ we will split the grid.

event57_reg.png

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

AutumnRing_3copy.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 19:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Autumn Ring
  • Car: Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (Super GT) '08 (from New Car Dealership / Premium Garage)
  • Tires: Race Hards (R1)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning Allowed - R/A functions allowed
  • Example Tunes:

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 45 (+1 formation lap)
  • Start Type: Formation lap + Staggered rolling start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First based on Qualification
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 110% Average lap (90 sec)
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pits: Open and Optional

Regulation Settings

• Performance Points: ?? PP (with full aero)
  • Power: 352 HP
  • Weight: 1175 kg
  • Engine Modifications:
    • ECU Tuning Upgrade: N/A
    • Engine Stage Upgrades: N/A
    • Engine Power Limiter: N/A
  • Intake Modifications:
    • Sports Intake Manifold: N/A
    • Racing Air Filter: N/A
  • Exhaust Modifications:
    • Sports Exhaust Manifold: N/A
    • Catalytic Converter - Sports: N/A
    • Titanium Racing Exhaust: N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not Allowed (will restrict HP in the regulations)
  • Oil Change: N/A
  • Aero: Allowed
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Formation Lap

• A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification while all drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 80 mph / 120 kph and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker for Autumn Ring is start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

AutumnRing_1copy.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, fairly low interest in this one!

Is there a big change to on-line with 2.08? Obviously I haven't tried yet :)

Edit: Oops, the reg page seems to be stuck on yesterday at 10:52 PM Pacific...

The biggest change with online after 2.08 is it's instability and frequent black screens.

Otherwise it seems offline setups work almost directly online with no/minor adjustments.

The biggest change with online after 2.08 is it's instability and frequent black screens.

Otherwise it seems offline setups work almost directly online with no/minor adjustments.

Ouch! That has not gotten better since that big PSN overhaul a while back. Cross fingers and plunge into the lounge, see you Wednesday :)

I my opinion the offline tune felt tighter when I tried it on-line.

This race should be a total blast regardless!

Al

I my opinion the offline tune felt tighter when I tried it on-line.

This race should be a total blast regardless!

Al

Yeah, the car was tight. When we did the picture race the other night, I changed rear ride height to loosen the car up a bit. I moved to -5 (From +10), but that ended up being too loose. I think I'll end up with -15/0 or -15/+5 ride height, and also lowered dampers to better deal with the "Real" grip loss and track edge. Will play with other settings to see what helps, along with making gears a bit longer for slipstream.

EDK
Yeah, the car was tight. When we did the picture race the other night, I changed rear ride height to loosen the car up a bit. I moved to -5 (From +10), but that ended up being too loose. I think I'll end up with -15/0 or -15/+5 ride height, and also lowered dampers to better deal with the "Real" grip loss and track edge. Will play with other settings to see what helps, along with making gears a bit longer for slipstream.

:confused: Didn't 2.08 FIX that problem with "backwards" ride heights? Lowering the rear in the real world would tighten the car even more.

:confused: Didn't 2.08 FIX that problem with "backwards" ride heights? Lowering the rear in the real world would tighten the car even more.

FIX?

No, it's not fixed, it's just different. The offline setups are opposite of what they used to be, but the online seem different, while not following precisely with the outcome of offline changes, or "real world" changes.

You just have to learn what affect changes have on the car and deal with it. Throw out your real world tuning knowledge, it will only frustrate you. ;)

At least we don't have to have the nose of our cars pointed to the sky when running offline now. :)

EDK
FIX?

No, it's not fixed, it's just different. The offline setups are opposite of what they used to be, but the online seem different, while not following precisely with the outcome of offline changes, or "real world" changes.

You just have to learn what affect changes have on the car and deal with it. Throw out your real world tuning knowledge, it will only frustrate you. ;)

At least we don't have to have the nose of our cars pointed to the sky when running offline now. :)

LOL, I guess I'm eternal optimist that sim designers will use physics for tuning! I've amassed some 25 years of real world tuning, so it's going to be hard to beat it out of me. Just like the driving, sim driving is NOT real world :)

Thanks Kevin, I'll get into your tune and start from there 👍

LOL, I guess I'm eternal optimist that sim designers will use physics for tuning! I've amassed some 25 years of real world tuning, so it's going to be hard to beat it out of me. Just like the driving, sim driving is NOT real world :)

Thanks Kevin, I'll get into your tune and start from there 👍

:lol: They do use physics for tuning, but they need to be run through the PD physics translator to work properly. ;)

I didn't make any adjustments to my setup the other night when we did the driving for the pictures. Car felt just fine to me.

I didn't make any adjustments to my setup the other night when we did the driving for the pictures. Car felt just fine to me.

I picked up about 0.5 as soon as I lowered ride height in the rear to +5. The car felt fine, but it was a little tight and I was further off my online pace than I expected to be.

I tried rear height as low as -15, but that was WAY too loose. Just trying to find the balance between control and pace.

Didn't have much time for the TT, but would like to try this combo for a online race.
Just registered as reserve and I hope to make pratice tonight.

Apparently PD has announced that they have released a fix to all these network issues.
One can only hope...

Pekka and Christophe have expertly suggested 45 laps +1 formation lap for today's races. 👍 The OP has been updated.

I put over 800 miles into the time trial, so am kind of annoyed that I only have about ~4% chance of making it for tonight's NA race. If anyone sees me sign in on PSN about 10min before NA race start, it means I'm trying frantically to make it (without any online practice:ouch:).

Signed up for tonight, I've not had any practice yet so should hopefully be on about 1hr before.

This is my setup from last nights practice/s pre-break in: (at 343 bhp)

good for 1'14.1xx - online setup
---

Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08 / Autumn Ring

352 bhp / 1175 kg (536pp)

DF 35/60

Transmission
First , set final gear to 3.250 and then max speed to 180 km/h (all the way to left)
and then set the gears as follows:

F2.500

LSD 14/19/17

Suspension

-8/0
19.0/19.0
4/8
2/1
6/1

2.0/1.5
-0.10/-0.30

Brakes 7/3 , ABS 3

Racing Hard tyres

---

Too much oversteer ? -> lower front ride height to -10 and/or increase rear damper (bound?) so that it reads: 5/9

The gears may need some stretching with a broken in (352 bhp) car.

Last edited:
Having trouble, wont let me join the lounge, thought they had sorted it :(.

Having trouble, wont let me join the lounge, thought they had sorted it :(.

Me too. Seeing empty lounge which I seem to be unable to connect to or getting the [282] error.

EDIT: Got in through Hasslemoff, not GTP_3D3Racing

Last edited:
Speedy6543
Me too. Seeing empty lounge which I seem to be unable to connect to or getting the [282] error.

I got into my own lounge ok, just trying again to join the main 3d3 lounge.

Edit: I just got into 3d3 lounge now

I'm willing to postpone the race by 15-20min so everybody get's a chance to warmup a bit after the hussle of getting in the lounge.

Back