GTP WRS-Online : Event 57 : Autumn in the Autobacs - October 10

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 49 comments
registered like 5 mins ago, can i join? :S *crickets*

By 1 minute before the race, they are getting ready for qualifying, not watching the thread here.

Go ahead and just dive into the lounge, and if for some reason they cannot accommodate, they will let you know.

EDK
By 1 minute before the race, they are getting ready for qualifying, not watching the thread here.

Go ahead and just dive into the lounge, and if for some reason they cannot accommodate, they will let you know.

I don't think that's possible if he's not already on the friends list of the lounge, which as far as I can tell he's not.

I'm sure he'll be all set up and ready for the next race/event, but a couple minutes notice prior to the event is not going to work if you're not already on the friends list. Once on the list last minute entries are fine as long as there are open spots.

I don't think that's possible if he's not already on the friends list of the lounge, which as far as I can tell he's not.

I'm sure he'll be all set up and ready for the next race/event, but a couple minutes notice prior to the event is not going to work if you're not already on the friends list.

Agreed. I thought he was just trying to register for the event, not for online racing AND the event.

i only just noticed it, oh wells, i spelled my gtp name wrong anyway :dopey: thanks guys, il be around for another one soon :)

Yeah, Paul (GTP_ROCK3T) that's a bit too last minute.
However your submission has been processed and so you're ready for the next events. :)

Sorry to see you DC Mohit.

Congrats for taking that win Mike!
Shawn and Bernie for the podium.

10_10_2012.png

Also, keeping tradition on firsttime winners, here's the National Anthem of Great Britain!

Having only just woke up 30 minutes before we started the race, and only having 1 lap in pre-race practice, I'd say I did pretty well in the race.

Cheers guys, unfortunate for Mohit DCing though.

Not going to lie, I had a good feeling about this combo during the normal WRS week and was looking forward to the online race. Was my best chance to get another podium, wasn't expecting the win though.

I just tried to keep it clean and consistent throughout, only made one small mistake trying to catch up to SnowCrash in the first stint.

When Mohit Dc'd and I was suddenly leading I was just praying I didn't mess up. It was a long 10 last laps :lol:

Changed a few things in my setup.

In the break in the car gained not only power , but grip .. which lead to understeer and I had to adjust the setup a little.

I left ABS off with my car. I tried it with ABS 1, ABS 5, ABS 10, but didn't like the way the car felt with ABS on. With ABS off, my setup has a neutral balance, but turning ABS on made it understeer into and through the corners and oversteer under power out of the corners.

Way too much on plate at the moment, and my heart is just way too heavy. Happy racing tonight guys :)

Woke up about 25min late.

Sorry if my joining the lounge to watch distracted anybody.

If anyone cares to race this one again on Saturday in the Attack format. A new thread has been created and sign ups can start.

Nice win Pekka! Great driving 👍

Nice job Kevin on the 3rd too.

Thanks to all for coming out :cheers:.

Woke up about 25min late.

Sorry if my joining the lounge to watch distracted anybody.

It's OK, I can't stay mad at you. :sly:

I started in second, and by about lap 8, I was 5 second behind Pekka and had Mohit crawling up my rear bumper. He would make mistakes and fall back, but then catch up again, so I knew he had some pace on me.

Your greeting message popped up right at the left side exit apex of the chicane, it distracted me just enough to run wide and let Mohit by. I think that was around lap 15.

I was a lonely race for me after that, I caught Al halfway through my second stint, and lapped Daniel while he was pulled off in the grass recovering from a turn 1 spin.

Nice rae overall, wish I would have spent more time on an online setup, I fixed some of my front tire wear issues, but still had some imbalance. I actually changed brake balance on the fly to 2/3 and eventually 1/3 in my second stint, wish I would have thought of that sooner.

Back