GTP WRS-Online : Event 59 : Taming the Beast - October 24

• Thread starter Ealirendur
  • 71 comments
Got D/C'd then lost connection to PSN, I have been able to reconnect with PSN briefly but not GT5 servers. No more practice for me today.
Hoping is just a very short temporary glitch and is fixed by tonight.

This might be the only car where the exterior matches the interior when it's painted. Makes for an interesting interior view. It's also a very nice drive from there as well.

38 laps in free-run mode, alone. :) 2 stopper is the most probable, I took no fuel on the first stop and then the free amount on the 2nd (15l). First stint was the worst for tire wear, with my left rear down to about 10%. Best lap (no draft:dunce:) 1:23.3, just like last night, avg was about 1:25-1:26. Had about 4 major offs, and many pants moments. :scared:

Total elapsed time for those 38 laps was 59min58sec. :)

Looking forward to both races tomorrow, but if I miss EU, at least I'm ready for NA.

I did last night race by myself with 1 formation lap + 38 race laps. 2 pitstops (lap 13 and 26). i didn't take fuel. My best lap was around 1:24.5 and average was about same (1:25-1:26). Two run wide - 1 major off (hit the wall) - total time was about 59 min also.
You can drive about 7 laps quite nicely full speed but then you have to take little off the throttle because worn of the tires.
Its going to be interesting race...so interesting that i considering to join in NA race too...i'll see after EU race.

Edit: BB 7/5, ABS 3, TC 0

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Wes.

Lounge is open for pre-race warmup! :)

FYI, the systemupdate took me 4min to download and install.

I'll join the main lounge for some pre race practice.

See you in the race.

Good luck and most important have fun

Still not sure if I can make EU, if I do it will most likely be 5-10min before quali starts.

Good luck!

Congrats Mohit!
Jon, Joel on your podium. 👍

24_10_12_zps1ba3eacc.png

Good race well done Mohit, Jon and Jammy.

A big sorry to Ren and Noize for the first corner, I braked way to late and went into the back of ren, then I parked it into the wall and Noize had no were to go but hit me SORRY.

After the first corner incident I thought I would try and do a one stop race but it didnt work out.

Good race though Ill definatly try and make saturday night 👍👍👍

Wow, I'm so glad I made it, but hope I didn't mess up anyone's quali as I joined the lounge on your 2nd hotlaps. :(

I knew I'd start last w/ no warm-up, but somewhere in there I managed to steal fastest lap. :lol:

Congrats Mohit, Jon, and Joel. :cheers: Great recovery Mohit, I think I (in last place) was right behind you at turn 1 lap 1, so you really had to struggle to get back to first. :eek:

My 12/13/13 strategy worked great, and the 4 or 5 spins I had were just due to inattention. Loved that last 8 laps of battle, Ren! 👍

Thanks for giving that position to me Al, but not sure it was really necessary. I mean we entered and exited the pits in the same order. ;)

I'm glad you made it, too, Lucas - was fun. Shame I lost it carelessly in the first stint (go directly to last. Do not pass...wait, no, try to pass everyone), but ran pretty steadily from there, and it got me locked into battle with Lucas, which was cool. I knew he'd run waaay more than me on this, so outlook not good 👍

No prob, Paul, didn't unsettle me much. Made it tricky to get around Mohit, tho :crazy: Good comeback, there. Congrats too to Jon and Joel for the steady handed podiums 👍

I really enjoyed that car. Nice colour turnout!

Announcement:

The stewards have decided to give a penalty to Mohit for the unsafe return to track in race lap 1, turn 1+2, in the EU race. 5 spot grid penalty for the next race he participates in, probably tonight.

Just did an oil change on mine and gave it a new paintjob as well. Mine is just under break-in but it shouldn't be an issue as it's already set to 84.0% and it's only down 2hp which won't make a difference at all in terms of speed.

Announcement:

The stewards have decided to give a penalty to Mohit for the unsafe return to track in race lap 1, turn 1+2, in the EU race. 5 spot grid penalty for the next race he participates in, probably tonight.

Sorry again Jon.

Can't make it tonight :ouch:.

Congrats Pekka, Lucas and Rob!

25_10_12.png

EDIT: Thanks for helping out with both results Ren, Jon, Paul and Shawn. 👍

Last edited:
E/U race was certainly a learning experience for me, it sure helped me in the N/A race. I did not have an off in tonight's race!

I gave you the spot in the E/U race Lucas because I slowed you down considerably going into the pits, Note to self... don't hit the pit wall entrance!

Back to the N/A race. Sorry for the bumping on lap 12 to Rob and Kevin. I am still having issues controlling my car in traffic. It was nice to be in traffic for a while tonight, I hope I raced you clean Jammy. I will look back at the replay, I am very interested in how my driving looked from your perspective. Lastly, Sorry Jon for cutting you off near the end of the race. I thought I had cleared you but obviously I should have left you more room.

Thanks again to the 3D3 team, Wednesdays are always fun!

Al

Pictures coming shortly!

Speedy is as Speedy does. :cheers: I was just about to do the results, so thanks for beating me to it!

That was one hell of a race! :gtpflag: Congrats Pekka, Rob, and everyone else who came out and had fun.

I may have jumped the start a bit, so sorry about that. That allowed Pekka and I to trade a few laps until a couple bobbles put me just out of his draft. I decided at that point to go for 11/14/13 and the short pit didn't really put me any closer to him. Then my one real mistake of the race, an off just before the yellow-stripes-straight put me out of the running for first...I thought. I have a feeling Pekka started running in cruise control because after his 2nd pit, I was closer than I thought I'd be. But his great strategy gave him 1 or 2 laps less on his final stint so I just tried my best to keep him within 5sec. Almost did it. 👍

What a great day, thanks again Speedy for doing results and Race Director roles. :cheers:

My podium from EU race - i think i was really lucky in that first corner incident and get away from it luckly and i found myself in 3rd spot. Then it was all about no mistakes and holding that position - and made it. I'm happy now - i first podium in WRS online races.
Al: i watched our battles from the replay of NA race and really enjoyed watching it. In my perspective it was fair and clean - let's do that again in future races and hopefully i come next time the winner 👍

My podium from EU race - i think i was really lucky in that first corner incident and get away from it luckly and i found myself in 3rd spot. Then it was all about no mistakes and holding that position - and made it. I'm happy now - i first podium in WRS online races.
Al: i watched our battles from the replay of NA race and really enjoyed watching it. In my perspective it was fair and clean - let's do that again in future races and hopefully i come next time the winner 👍

I watched it last night too! Not sure how you didn't get passed me after the draft on the straight. I had fun watching it too! I watched it 3 times! Look forward to racing that close to you again!

Al

I did passed you but breaking to early and you passed me again - fun stuff.

Had a fun time racing last night, although the behavior of the car was a little less predictable than I would have liked.

Good battles with Al, Shawn, and especially Rob. I really struggled with the car in dirty air, and also noticed it was very inconsistent going into the turn 1 brake zone. I don't use the line, and I would use my set braking reference of the camera before the first marker. Sometimes it worked, and sometimes I ran a little deep. Sorry for any issues I might have caused in turn 1 as a result, I assure you my main focus was in keeping the car on hard stuff.

I pitted behind Rob on lap 13 (End of hot lap 12) and it was odd that again the game left me with a much larger gap exiting the pits than going in, same thing happened to me in the Supras here, although that was mainly due to my own slowdown going in. This time, I stayed in it, backing off only enough to stay off the wall and it seems like I lost 4 or 5 seconds. Maybe because I was in a pit stall ahead of him, safe release? :confused:

Anyhow, managed to reel him in to the point of a second or so off by the end of that stint, but could not make a move with the dirty air. I really struggled with the right before T1 and the right just after T3, the car would understeer badly then snap oversteer when getting back on. I'm sure I needed to back off sooner, whatever, but the behavior was just ODD.

I decided to pit after lap 25 in an attempt to lead Rob in the pit rotation, and it did work. But he managed to reel me back in after 4 or 5 laps and make a draft pass. Maybe you guys had it right, pushing hard early in stints to make a draft pass that would leave the guy behind helpless. Or maybe you just had better control of your cars in dirty air? Not sure, but I had nothing for anyone in the second half of stints. The only passes I made were on guys whose tires had clearly gone away.

I'll admit that I was a slave to the driving line here. Turn 1 I was consistent by braking right where it indicated (OK, I smacked the tires once:dunce:) and letting off brakes right at turn-in. The right before T1 I tapped the brakes the instant I saw red ahead on the driving line. The right just after T3 I tapped the brakes right at the red, and then downshifted to 3rd as I approached apex.

I wouldn't have done as well as I did if I hadn't been at EU practice for a 10lapper (did horrible), a full 38 lap practice race alone later that night, and at both races on Wed. :dopey:

I really loved the risk/reward factor on the slight right in T2 right before the lefthand-Uturn...many scary moments there.

Back