GTP WRS-Online : Event 59 : Taming the Beast - October 24

• Thread starter Ealirendur
  • 71 comments
Congratz to the podium guys. Must bin a though race for all of you. I did a few laps, just to try it. This car is really a handfull. For a TT you can take a break after a few laps but running this mean machine for a full hour is really hard. So respect to you all :bowdown:

That was a fun race with a challenging car. We should race at Indy more often. I seem to have pretty good luck there.
The battle with EDK was close for the whole race. I think my 6,0 brake bias helped preserve the rear tires, allowing me to get on the throttle earlier in the latter part of a stint.
Had some light contact in T-2 a couple of times, but it didn't slow me down much, and I hope it didn't cause the other drivers any problem. With EDK close behind, I had to make passes as quickly as possible. I tried to leave enough space, but sometimes it's hard to tell without any peripheral vision.

First up! The E/U race photos!

Al

RoadCourse-Indy_1copy.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_4copy.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_3copy.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_13copy.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_12copy.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_15copy.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_11copy.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_8copy.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_7copy.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_6copy.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_14copy.jpg

They are indeed 👍

I'm glad we went with the paintable way; the colour mix turned out pretty well.

They are indeed some fantastic pics, Al.

The last 3 are a nice synopsis of a portion of my writeup.

Red car is Rob, Purple behind is me, Orange on the track is Al. This is our first pit stop, and you can see how close I am going in. Somehow I lost about 4 or 5 seconds by the time we exited. :confused:

These show Rob and I coming up on Al, prior to Al making his first stop (I believe). So we are both on fresh tires, while Al's are about done for.

This is coming up on the right hand turn just before the T1 split.

RoadCourse-Indy_3copy.jpg

You can see I'm right on Rob's tail, as a result of Al's slower pace

RoadCourse-Indy_2copy.jpg

This is all for position, mid race. :crazy:

Very nice pics Al! Superb work! 👍

Off topic now (sorry but I couldn't resist), for you guys who heard my ringtone during EU practice, this guy (from Leesburg/Virginia) is doing way better than me. :sly:

EDK
They are indeed some fantastic pics, Al.

Red car is Rob, Purple behind is me, Orange on the track is Al. This is our first pit stop, and you can see how close I am going in. Somehow I lost about 4 or 5 seconds by the time we exited. :confused:

I had that happen in the Sunday cup at Grand Valley East I went into the pits on the bumper of the car in front (lotus RM) and came out of the pits about 3 seconds behind him :crazy:.

Great pictures again Al 👍👍👍

Back