GTP WRS-Online Event 6 : 13 STarted Hatching - March 5, 2014

Very nearly T-Boned GTP_See at 8:11. Decided at the last second I could get around behind him as he flew past and must have missed him by inches. It certainly got my heart-rate up :-)

I remember that one! Yikes! I missed a heart beat just watching the replay.
Good driving Strop!

Thank you @cheba, that is the way we would like to see things handled. If it cannot be resolved via PM's, bring it to our attention no later than 24hrs after the race and we will investigate.

I have gotten responses from the guys involved. They acknowledged their mistakes, and in one of the cases I admitted to being clumsy in trying to hold onto my illegally overtaken position. We all kind of agreed there was a lot of not-so-clean driving in the race. One person thought that completing his overtake on the inside after making minor contact may not have been illegal because there were a lot of overtakes like that in the race. This, along with people going outside the kerbs in turn 3 a lot, shows that the standard of this race wasn't what I would expect from a WRS race, let alone an A lobby race. As See23 mentioned, it is a tough track to pass on but that doesn't allow us to drive aggressively.

In the end these incidents didn't affect my end result, I finished dead last due to my own mistakes in the second race. But already before that, I had kind of a sour feeling about the race. I hope we all can sharpen up and stay a bit more conservative in future races. It is so much more fun closely chasing another car cleanly, looking for a good opportunity that may or may not come, than going for a pass that turns out to be dirty and doesn't make anyone happy.

Many stewards have been busy away from the game since the race, so that combined with a lot of incidents to look at is delaying results. I'm hoping to have them posted this weekend.

Thank you Danny and Ian for the brilliant races 👍 You guys made it extremely difficult to have a breather. It was a lot of fun though :cheers:

Thanks Bart, was very close at some times but i was not able to make any clean pass. So i had to stay behind. Happy with a podium finnish though.
As was mentioned before i watched the replays and i saw some optimistic moves by others.

See you next week!

Penalties for the Brands Hatch Indy races:

15 seconds for @LittlePaul78 for causing contact and then passing in the final corner (EU-A, race 2)

15 seconds for @jfro22 for causing contact and then passing in the final corner (NA-B, race 1)

15 seconds for @K1utch for causing contact and then passing on turn 1 and the run up to turn 2, on the first race lap (NA-A, race 2)

We reviewed a lot of other contacts and off-track's, and we're not happy with the number of these that went on, but the 3 above were the only that we're penalizing.
Notice they all involve the drivers taking a place after causing avoidable contact. Giving the spot back ASAP would have prevented the penalties.

Results will be up next post.

That would be even more work for us, and we've spent too much time as it is. Later tonight I can post a link to the replay and you can load it and look, if you didn't save it. It was lap 3.

That would be even more work for us, and we've spent too much time as it is. Later tonight I can post a link to the replay and you can load it and look, if you didn't save it. It was lap 3.

No big deal if you have the time post it please. I forgot and only saved race 2

Results (finally!).

gt6-event6-eu-results-png.125533

gt6-event6-na-results-png.125532

gt6-event6-merged-results-png.125531

Congrats to @PASM, @ernestone, @doodlemonoply, and @BionicDerp for their wins, and to the podium-getters as well. :cheers:

Anthems for the first-time winners:

ernestone

BionicDerp

Latest Posts

Back