GTP WRS-Online Event 6 : 13 STarted Hatching - March 5, 2014

Slower is only relative to the fastest guys. Doesn't mean your slow... just slower.
I'm medium slow or medium fast. Not sure yet. All I know is I can survive a race and surviving is half the battle.
Besides, top three doesn't mean much if there are only 3 guys racing. The "not as fast yet" guys are needed.

That race was Focus-focus overload!

This was a good combo, but I messed up in the second race. When I was under pressure after some small mistakes, I got distracted for a split second by someone else suddenly entering the room, and missed the braking into turn 1 which dropped me to last. After this I lost my edge, and with tires that started to get worn I did the same mistake once or twice more, allowing the top guys to lap me. It's a shame since I did well in the TT, but I seem to struggle with concentration in longer races. Good racing by the top guys, it was a close finish for them in the second race.

Regarding the first race I was overtaken twice in questionable ways. I've sent PMs to the ones involved. There were a lot of cars running wide in turn 3 and onto the green concrete, it happened to me sometimes too although I tried to avoid it, or lift after clearly running wide. But when someone runs wide enough to put a wheel into the grass several times without lifting, and overtakes 2 cars this way, I get a feeling that the standards aren't as high as I expected in this race.

This was a good combo, but I messed up in the second race. When I was under pressure after some small mistakes, I got distracted for a split second by someone else suddenly entering the room, and missed the braking into turn 1 which dropped me to last. After this I lost my edge, and with tires that started to get worn I did the same mistake once or twice more, allowing the top guys to lap me. It's a shame since I did well in the TT, but I seem to struggle with concentration in longer races. Good racing by the top guys, it was a close finish for them in the second race.

Regarding the first race I was overtaken twice in questionable ways. I've sent PMs to the ones involved. There were a lot of cars running wide in turn 3 and onto the green concrete, it happened to me sometimes too although I tried to avoid it, or lift after clearly running wide. But when someone runs wide enough to put a wheel into the grass several times without lifting, and overtakes 2 cars this way, I get a feeling that the standards aren't as high as I expected in this race.
Thank you @cheba, that is the way we would like to see things handled. If it cannot be resolved via PM's, bring it to our attention no later than 24hrs after the race and we will investigate.

I'm really disappointed this evening. The races were awful from my perspective. I was involved in silly incidents, and people were being too aggressive in my opinion. An evening to forget me thinks.

Enjoyed the racing tonight ,had great battles in each race and grabbed a podium in the second race so very happy.

Had a few bumps and knocks but that was expected when 3 fast guys are within 0.3 of each other for 70% of the race but nothing that caused a crash.

All in all another good nights racing

Speaking of aggressive driving...
And without naming names or a particular event this should be noted.
If the car in front of you goes wide for a turn it is not an invitation to stuff your nose in on the inside. That is called "dive bombing" and it is not aloud. You have to be at least halfway beside the other car prior to the turn.
Brands Hatch Indy is a tough course to pass on but if you have patience and learn to do a legal passing line, you have a long race ahead of you to get it done and will have more friends at the end of the day. ...regardless of wether you make the pass.

If you fancy tuning in to the NA - A room, I'm streaming here:

Well I was right about my feeling of needing an oil change. I was runing with 252 horses instead od 265. I think my best of 55.6xx wasn't entirely reflecting my so-called skills. :lol:

Good racing in room B tonight and it's my first WRS overall win. The format was fun bc even though I had a good lead in race 2 I had to keep pushing so I could win by more than 3 seconds to win on overall time.

Speaking of aggressive driving...
And without naming names or a particular event this should be noted.
If the car in front of you goes wide for a turn it is not an invitation to stuff your nose in on the inside. That is called "dive bombing" and it is not aloud. You have to be at least halfway beside the other car prior to the turn.
Brands Hatch Indy is a tough course to pass on but if you have patience and learn to do a legal passing line, you have a long race ahead of you to get it done and will have more friends at the end of the day. ...regardless of wether you make the pass.
Lool!!

OK, sleep tight Bionic. We only need one more driver for an official race. Who's in?

Sorry if I got in anyone's way! Just couldn't get the darned thing moving! At least this time I was on the track more than off, like last week!!!

Now 3:50 am, have to hit the sack! GN everyone!

Thank you Danny and Ian for the brilliant races 👍 You guys made it extremely difficult to have a breather. It was a lot of fun though :cheers:

I watched the replay and yes there are consistent out of track racing with no lift off to self penalize..

Do we only report incidents that we are directly involved in or can we report other incidents we are not involved in that others may have missed to a moderator after we have reviewed the replays ?

If you fancy tuning in to the NA - A room, I'm streaming here:

Very nearly T-Boned GTP_See at 8:11. Decided at the last second I could get around behind him as he flew past and must have missed him by inches. It certainly got my heart-rate up :-)

If anyone has the replay for the first race (I only have the second) and can make a photo of this that would be great.

Do we only report incidents that we are directly involved in or can we report other incidents we are not involved in that others may have missed to a moderator after we have reviewed the replays ?

You can always message the Steward that was in the room with you during the race. We strive for a clean racing series and if you don't speak up we can't correct bad behaviour which may continue if not addressed.

We would prefer this action for any incident if you can't work it out with the persons involved, it is much better than airing your frustrations in an open forum.

Al

You can always message the Steward that was in the room with you during the race. We strive for a clean racing series and if you don't speak up we can't correct bad behaviour which may continue if not addressed.

We would prefer this action for any incident if you can't work it out with the persons involved, it is much better than airing your frustrations in an open forum.

Al
In a real car, when you thump someone around in an over ambitious passing move...you can wave them by...but with Cold Mike there is no where to do it...and 8 out of nine times if you back off with the best of intentions...the guy in back , being so furious he can only see your bumper and thinking bad things, promptly runs you up the rear...and going off line and slowing is just as likely to end up with the same move as he tries to pass. Moderator ...can you be set up that only you can Xmit and only you can hear...that way I can say Nail ## will let you by etc etc and you can relay?

I too should remember to change the oil in my car a bit more often. Ended up with 255HP at the end of the second race. I could have really used a few extra ponies chasing the two guys in front of me too :-(

Latest Posts

Back