img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 AM GMT

img.php

Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 @ Autumn Ring Mini Reverse

car_daihatsu_copen_02.jpg
track_autumn_ring_mini.jpg

Stewards Notes
We will run two shorter races with reverse grid with a twist this week. The top half of the finishers from race 1 will reverse between themselves and the same for the bottom half. This should provide a twist, but avoid some issues with having the fastest drivers all the way in the back and the slowest on pole going into turn 1. We are going to experiment with "very fast" tire wear / fuel consumption, but may adjust that based on Tuesday practice. Good luck and have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

AutumnRingMini_10copy.jpg

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event63_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

AutumnRingMinicopy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Autumn Ring Mini Reverse
  • Car: Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 (Recommended garage)
  • Tires: Comfort Mediums
  • In Event Tuning Settings: R/A functions allowed

Dual-Race Points System
Points will be awarded to a driver for each race and the overall winner determined by points.

The points earned for each race will depend on the number of drivers that start that race. The last place driver gets 1 point and points increase by 1 for every position forward. In addition the top finishers in each race get "podium" bonus points: 4 points for first, 2 points for 2nd and 1 point for 3rd. For example if 11 drivers start a race:
P1 : 11 + 4 = 15
P2 : 10 + 2 = 12
P3 : 9 + 1 = 10
P4 : 8
P5 : 7
P6 : 6
P7 : 5
P8 : 4
P9 : 3
P10 : 2
P11 : 1
As far as the points formula goes a driver counts if they start the race even if they DC before finishing a single lap. If said driver does not return for the next race they will not count towards the point formula for that race. This point system spans across multiple lounges if necessary using the total number of drivers across both lounges to build the formula.

The tie breaker is finishing order of race 1.​

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: Two races of 25 Laps (+1 formation lap)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start
  • Grid Order: Race 1 - Fastest First based on Qualification | Race 2 - Reverse Grid with a twist (see below)
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 110% Average lap (60 sec)
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: Very Fast (tentative)
  • Pits: Open & Optional

Reverse Grid with a Twist

• The entire field will not be reversed, but each half of the field will be reversed based on the results of race 1
  • E.g. If there are 10 drivers in race 1 the top 5 will flip positions (5th starts on pole, 1st starts 5th) and the bottom half flips (10th starts 6th and 6th starts 10th)
  • In the case of an odd number of drivers the middle driver does not switch. e.g. with 9 drivers top 4 flip and bottom 4 flip and 5th starts 5th.
  • Drivers who DC from the first race can rejoin for second and will start based on the number of laps they completed for their finish for race 1.

Regulation Settings

• Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 63hp
  • Weight: 830kg
  • Engine Tuning Modifications: N/A
  • Intake, Exhaust Modifications: N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger: N/A
  • Oil Change: N/A
  • Aero: N/A
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Formation Lap

• A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification while all drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 80 mph / 120 kph and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker for Autumn Ring Mini Reverse is the start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

AutumnRingMini_6copy.jpg

Last edited:
Count me in for the N/A race. Let's just hope that more people show up, it sounds like fun with the reversed grid and usually, less power equals more fun while racing in group.

Just registered for both as reserve, but it will only be on an "as needed" basis for this week.

Whats up guys? I have been away for a few months.. I tried to register for the races tomorrow but still dont see my name on the list.. also can someone friend request me so I can enter the room.. thanx mike

Whats up guys? I have been away for a few months.. I tried to register for the races tomorrow but still dont see my name on the list.. also can someone friend request me so I can enter the room.. thanx mike

Have you filled out the online racing registration? You won't show up until you have.

Edit: I see you are on the database.

Give it a few minutes and the image will refresh. You are definitely on the registration image.

Long time, nice to see you back :cheers:.

Welcome back Mike 👍
If you haven't been added overnight I'll add you in the morning.

You might be interested in checking out the WRS Academy as well. It's a racing and instructional series exclusively for div 3-5 drivers.

Good luck and have fun in the races guys!

It's a shame I can't be there, stupid RL interferences. Sleeping outside in 2 degrees Celcius this night. :boggled:

About that reverse grid with a twist. It's not really meant to be fair, is it?

Because if you imagine there are 10 starters, and let's assume everyone qualifies and finishes in their pure order of speed. You finish 6th in the first race. You get to start race 2 as 10th whereas the guy on P5 from the first race gets to start 1st. Yes, it's a motivation to finish in the top half in race 1, but it's not really designed to reward based on merit alone.

The system also has its flaws when the field is rather small. With 5 racers, you simply get to switch 1st&2nd and 4th&5th. Not really the point either, is it?

What most probably will happen in race 2 is a separation into 2 fields, because in the middle you have 1st and last from race 1.

Don't get me wrong, I know and appreciate you are trying new things and this is the perfect place to do it, but I think the simple reverse grid actually accomplishes the goal (giving everyone a challenge that corresponds with their speed) better.

I am not able to make the races either. Good luck to you all, and don't forget if you really like this combo there is still the WRS Academy !!!! :)

Welcome back Mike 👍

You might be interested in checking out the WRS Academy as well. It's a racing and instructional series exclusively for div 3-5 drivers.

Registration went through. I seem to have lost some people on my friends list. I sent a request to 3d3racing is there anyone else in admin that i need to friend. I did receive the message about the Academy but its not possible for me to run at any of those times.
thanx mike

About that reverse grid with a twist. It's not really meant to be fair, is it?

Because if you imagine there are 10 starters, and let's assume everyone qualifies and finishes in their pure order of speed. You finish 6th in the first race. You get to start race 2 as 10th whereas the guy on P5 from the first race gets to start 1st. Yes, it's a motivation to finish in the top half in race 1, but it's not really designed to reward based on merit alone.

The system also has its flaws when the field is rather small. With 5 racers, you simply get to switch 1st&2nd and 4th&5th. Not really the point either, is it?

What most probably will happen in race 2 is a separation into 2 fields, because in the middle you have 1st and last from race 1.

Don't get me wrong, I know and appreciate you are trying new things and this is the perfect place to do it, but I think the simple reverse grid actually accomplishes the goal (giving everyone a challenge that corresponds with their speed) better.

So if your in 6th you have a big incentive to finish 5th before the end.

You all know the rules and those rules are the same for all driver therefore IMO it is fair.

You might not like the setup, but that's different from being unfair.

Ive confirmed for tonight, looking forward to the speed of tonights race :)

You all know the rules and those rules are the same for all driver therefore IMO it is fair.

You might not like the setup, but that's different from being unfair.

The GP2 series currently reverses the top 8 grid spots, leaving 9 - 26(?) as is.

Using that same idea, why don't we reverse the top half of the grid (+1 in case of odd numbered fields), and leave the bottom half as is.

I understand your reasoning for not having the slowest drivers up front, as it can cause issues. But I also understand and completely agree with Snow's point about this system being very unfair for people finishing 6th and 7th (assuming a 10 man field).

This system of reversing just the top half of the grid satisfies your goal of reducing issues down into turn one, but doesn't penalize the guys in 6th and 7th (which, knowing this combo and close racing it can provide, could be just a second off 5th place in race one). Putting these guys at the back of the grid, on a track that is notoriously hard to pass on, will effectively ruin their 2nd race as well.

This system really brings out the best of both ideas, without none of the drawbacks (i.e, slowest guy at front or penalizing the 6th place guy).

This must be why GP2 does it as well. You don't see the guy in 9th, who just missed out, go all the way back.

Thanks for considering.

Last edited:
The GP2 series currently reverses the top 8 grid spots, leaving 9 - 26(?) as is.

Using that same idea, why don't we reverse the top half of the grid (+1 in case of odd numbered fields), and leave the bottom half as is.

To be honest, I think that would be about the same as the twist-mode, because who says where you draw the line where you reverse?

A valid point. But with that rationale you would have a much weaker incentive to gain any positions for race 2 when you're not close to that "cut". So the incentive for gaining positions is not evenly distributed.

Which is why I think that argument doesn't work. It's always best to finish as good as you can in race 1 in a normal reverse-grid situation, because for every position in the race you are actually scoring points and only losing a spot on the grid, which only potentially costs you points in the next race. So, I think the incentive is (or should be) much more evenly distributed with a full reverse grid.

But hey, maybe the twist-thing works great - I could be completely wrong. I have been before. (rarely) :sly:

There is no wrong or right when it comes to making decision like this when setting up an event. This is an internet forum and I can guarantee you some people will always like or hate just about anything you say. If I said blue=blue there would be a theory to come out here why it isn't.

As long as the participants have fun during the event that's what matters. Sure, there are alternate ways to set it up, but this is what you've got. If it induces some "different" strategy then go for it. If you figure out the strategy better than the next guy then good for you.

I don't think we'll have a case here where one driver is actively going to try and lose a position at the end. That's what we'd want to avoid. But explain to me a scenario where a driver will actively make a rational decision to lose a position on purpose. There isn't one.

If you are in the top 4 spots you trade points for a better starting position in the 2nd sprint so it's not any different from a normal reverse grid. Same goes for 6th through 10th. That leaves 5th and he has the most incentive of all not to give up his position. Uneven incentive maybe, but for any position your incentive is to try your best to move up a spot and bank the points.

My argument holds water and this format will work just fine. I have a feeling the drivers will do the best they can in both races and the shuffle will work better (as far as lap 1 / turn 1 incidents) then a full reverse grid.

We welcome all feedback after the event on what you'd like to see next time, but we're not making any changes for this event at this point.

Last edited:

No it doesn't. We've had the (dis)pleasure of proving more than once that a full reverse grid leads to more trouble than it is worth. Period (saturday attack races being the exception due to the staggered starts).
Having the slowest drivers up front with a field of faster drivers bearing down on them only makes things worse than any possible alternative. So much so that in some races the lead drivers (placed there due to the reverse field) have actually pulled off track rather than have to deal with the pressure of being constantly in position to be attacked.

This attempt at a modified reverse grid is very close to being the absolute last experiment with a reverse system at all. It is obviously intended to better the overall racing experience - not necessarily setup drivers for their finishing positions.

Welcome back Mike 👍

I added Mike (GTP_pre1323) to the friends list. Well, to be technical, I accepted his friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, but he didn't send the requests to the A and B lounges so I initiated those requests myself.

Mike, you should be good to go. 👍

Congratz to SnowCrash on the win. I bet you don't mind the format now. :lol:

event63_res_eu_points.png

As is our custom on a drivers first win...

PS> Details were put together quick, we'll post some details about each race shortly. If you see an errors or omissions let us know.

UPDATE: Here are the individual sprint race details:

event63_res_eu_sprint1.png

event63_res_eu_sprint2.png

If someone notes the sprint #2 best laps we can fill those in.

Last edited:
Back