img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 AM GMT

img.php

Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 RM @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

car_chevrolet_camaro_ss_10_rm.jpg
track_laguna_seca.jpg

Stewards Notes
Note that tire wear/fuel consumption is set to "Fast" for this event. Take care of your tread and tell your gas man to get in shape as you may be required to add close to 100L of fuel in this race. Early testing suggests two pit stops will be the standard strategy, but one stop is feasible if you are a tire whisperer. Enjoy and remember to always stay safe while your (cork)screwin' in a supercharged super sport. :lol:

Last edited:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event64_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_2copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_0copy.jpg

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Car: Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 RM (Premium - Race Modified)
  • Tires: Racing Hards
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning allowed - R/A functions allowed
  • Example Tunes: Vagabond (Offline) | Clueless

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 40 Laps (+1 formation lap)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First based on Qualification
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 110% Average lap (100 sec)
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: Fast
  • Pits: Open & Optional

Regulation Settings

• Performance Points: 642 PP
  • Power: 639 HP
  • Weight: 1210 kg
  • Engine Tuning Modifications: ECU allowed. Engine stages upgrades NOT allowed.
  • Intake, Exhaust Modifications: All allowed.
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Supercharger Allowed.
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Aero: Full allowed
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Formation Lap

• A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification while all drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 80 mph / 120 kph and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker for Laguna Seca is the start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_1copy.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitlesraceresults.png

EU
event64_res_eu.png

NA
event64_res_na.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed up for N/A, cant make E/U. I am working, darn RL!

Al

I know... I currently have a conflict during the EU timeslot, but I'm hoping against hope that it will get moved so I'm a wishful reserve for that race. I am looking forward to this one.

I'm in, definitely. I love this car.
And maybe that could helps ;)
(We were stock engine @485hp so don't pay attention to the tranny)
Trans:
Reset to default
Set top speed slider to minimum (left)
Final: To suit the track

LSD: 9/16/5

Suspension:
0/8
9.4/10.6
6/6
5/5
3/3

2.4/1.6
-0.02/0.00

Brake Balance: 5/5
Here is a tune that might be of some help. Hopefully ;)

36858a6d.jpg

---------------------------
Updated Gearing:

c717fe9c.jpg

Thanks for the tunes litchi. I tested vagabonds time trial tune online and it's fast, but rough on tires. I'll try these out. The clueless tune is safe and easy in tires, but slower... Looking for a compromise.

Thanks for the tunes litchi. I tested vagabonds time trial tune online and it's fast, but rough on tires. I'll try these out. The clueless tune is safe and easy in tires, but slower... Looking for a compromise.

Can you just carry over your offline tune, or to tweaks still have to be made online?

Can you just carry over your offline tune, or to tweaks still have to be made online?

No tweaks if you want to drive a super fast hot lapper online, but if you want to adjust for tire wear and risk management I think adjustments are warranted (or at Minimum should be considered).

So the physics no longer require tune changes, but the different situation/goals presented by an online race vs a time trial might.

Hey guys,

just registered as a reserve for the EU race. Hope to see you in practice 👍

I hope this one returns in a 'Greatest Hits' sometime in the future as I'm really regretting I have to miss this one.

Hi Guys, I wanted to share the tune I used for the TT, it was capable of doing a 1'19.5 but didn't manage to stitch every best sector together. Im sure some others can go faster with it.

I tuned it to accelerate very quickly so you hit the rev limiter at the end of the long front straight. you might want to change 6th gear a bit for slip streaming. I'm not a tuning expert but I got rid of as much understeer as I could and got it to not wheel spin as much out of the corners.

Here goes

DF Max

RH -25/-25
SR 12.9/15.9
D(E) 6/8
D(C) 4/6
ARB 3/3
Camber 1.5/1.0
Toe 0.15/-0.15
LSD 9/20/10

Brakes 5/5 ABS 1
Trans

Max Speed 200km/h
Final Gear 2.573

(1) 4.118
(2) 3.165
(3) 2.547
(4) 2.095
-------------- (the above ratios are good for acceleration but you might want to alter 5 and 6 so you don't hit the limiter too much when following someone.
(5) 1.754
(6) 1.498

Hope someone finds it useful.

Quite surprised with the low number of registrations this week, especially for the EU slot. My conflict with the eu race doesn't seem to be resolvable so I'm unlikely to make that race.

I just had to cancel my registration for the EU race due to other commitments so i signed up (as a reserve due to the time slot) for the NA race 👍 . As usual for NA races, i'll be there if i don't sleep ;)

Quite surprised with the low number of registrations this week, especially for the EU slot. My conflict with the eu race doesn't seem to be resolvable so I'm unlikely to make that race.

Me too Tim, tought that this combo would have attracted more people.
Anyways, see you in the lounge tonight.
I'll be there 👍

Lo Scassatore
Hi!

I cannot connect to PSN this evening... someone of you has experienced the same problem today?

Hi Scassatore,

had the same problem, Sony has released a new system update for the PS3. Updating right now...

EDIT: Did sign in with my 1st account, but now I cannot login with my gtp account :(

I think the PSN is slightly overloaded ...

Last edited:
Must be a regional issue as JTV and I are in the lounge without any issues.

FYI... the lounge is open for practice. I'm going to be in/out of my seat, but I'll try to join in for a few practice races.

WRP001
Must be a regional issue as JTV and I are in the lounge without any issues.

FYI... the lounge is open for practice. I'm going to be in/out of my seat, but I'll try to join in for a few practice races.

Yeah still not logged in, damn :(

EDIT: no chance to log in, tried everything in my power. I'm very sorry that I can't join you. Hope to make it tomorrow. Have fun

Last edited:
Yeah still not logged in, damn :(

EDIT: no chance to log in, tried everything in my power. I'm very sorry that I can't join you. Hope to make it tomorrow. Have fun

I saw you log in once, but then you were gone.

Practice report since so few people could join (only JTV, MadMax and I).

The car is very tough on cold tires... that first lap is going to be a beast fighting the under steer, especially turn 2 and 3 where it's easy to end up in the sand and get sucked in... be ready and be careful on lap 1.

Be very careful of pit road entry. This one is known to penalize you or even glitch you if you have a big collision with the wall. Better safe then sorry and you have to come down to 1st to allow the AI to make the turn cleanly. With fresh tires you can break about a car length into pit road from race pace on the previous straight, but no later and maybe play it safe a brake even earlier. Definitely worth a few practice runs.

With fast tire wear the majority will probably go for 2 stops. The car gets tricky with the heavy wear on the rears around lap 10 so it'll take some caution on the last few laps, can't imagine given the length of this pit road that doing 3 stops is going to be competitive. Maybe a little tire saving planning early in the stint will pay off on those final laps. Maybe someone could pull off 20 laps and do 1 stop, but it'll be tough.

No surprise that it's hard to pass. These cars are large and not very nimble or forgiving so pass with care. If it's early in the race and someone is breathing down your neck constantly it may be smart racing to let them pass, follow and save tires, but that's up to you. Qualifying position will be important.

The good news... my meeting got moved so I'm in for EU tomorrow!!!

The other good news... the offline tunes work great. Only adjustment is to use more track and less boundary with real grip reduction and to adjust as tires wear down, but the 2.09 physics make it really easy to transition from the TT. 👍

Pekka, Litchi and I ran an experiment today to see if we could calculate exactly how long it takes to add fuel in a pit stop. I think most people agree that the first 15L is "free" as that time is needed to change tires anyway. The question is...

Question: How much longer does it take for the stop for each liter of fuel above 15L?

To answer that question using this combo we ran a test race. With tire wear/fuel consumption set to very high we ran an 11 lap race. After 10 laps (of taking care of tires so we didn't get down to the rims) we each pitted and took on different amounts of fuel:
  • Litchi = 40L (25L incremental)
  • WRP = 65L (50L incremental)
  • MadMax = 90L (75L incremental)

Timing the stops using a replay, I noted the time when the car stopped in the pit stall (view changes) and the time each car was released from the pits (lolly pop is raised and view changes) and computed the difference in seconds as follows:
  • Litchi = 26.610 seconds
  • WRP = 41.341 seconds
  • MadMax = 56.323 seconds

We need to compute the time deltas between these stops:
  • WRP vs Litchi = +14.731 sec
  • Pekka vs Litchi = +29.713 sec
  • Pekka vs WRP = +14.982 sec

The ratio of incremental time to incremental fuel will give us the fuel add rate we're after:
  • WRP vs Litchi => 14.731 sec / 25 L = 0.58924 secs/liter
  • Pekka vs Litchi => 29.713 sec / 50 L = 0.59426 secs/liter
  • Pekka vs WRP => 14.982 sec / 25 L = 0.59992 secs/liter

The numbers are the same minus rounding and measurement error which means we did our computations correctly.

Obviously timing errors exist here and this is way too much precision given my rough timing device, but it's safe to use a fuel rate of about 0.6 seconds per liter of fuel beyond the free 15L. And we assume given the other aspects of pits that this rate does not vary by car/track/etc.

Answer: ~0.6 seconds per liter

Hope that helps someone when they are building a race strategy!

WRP001

I ran an independent test with the Zonda a week ago. 3 times with different fuel loads and I got 0.6 L/sec as well.

Just to cement your findings.

Thanks!

Back