GTP WRS-Online : Event 64 : (Cork)Screwin' - November 28

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 50 comments
Off to the lounge for some Laguna!

EDIT;

Well, sigh. After the update I will be there.

Al

Last edited:
It was a very beneficial practice for me, learned a few things! Thanks guys!

Al

Good race everyone.

I can't believe that I messed up the first lap. :dunce:

And then we get to pit blunders. I was stunned when I discovered that I had put in too little fuel, even more so when I found that Tim and Pekka had made the same mistake. And to top it all off, I missed out on 3rd place by less than half a second to Pekka. :ouch:

Still, I enjoyed my first race. Can't wait for the next one...

Good race everyone.

I can't believe that I messed up the first lap. :dunce:

And then we get to pit blunders. I was stunned when I discovered that I had put in too little fuel, even more so when I found that Tim and Pekka had made the same mistake. And to top it all off, I missed out on 3rd place by less than half a second to Pekka. :ouch:

Still, I enjoyed my first race. Can't wait for the next one...

Thanks for joining us and thanks for knowing exactly how everything worked and coming fully versed on our procedures. 👍

At least you got the fast lap! (official results will be published shortly).

Seriously, I think it would have been a pretty epic battle for 2-4, but Mohit was a bit too fast and consistent today. I could keep the gap pretty consistent for a couple laps in a row and then I'd make a little bobble and lose a second.

The one good thing about the fuel bug is that it caught all of us out except Mohit and it was likely he was going to win anyway... although at least it would have been good to make him do it with a little more pressure. There are many places on this track that can reach up and grab you if you have to push really hard.

So a warning to everyone taking part in the NA race tonight:

When we use "fast" fuel consumption you cannot rely on the recommended amount fuel (at least until that's patched). We are assuming the system is using "normal" for the calculation which left most of us all well short and confused and doing an extra pit stop or running out of fuel or both.

By my calculations the minimum you can add in the first stop is 33L (which should carry you along with the initial 100L to ~ lap 27), but you might want to add more. Over the entire race you are going to have to add about 96-98L so if you add 36 L in the first stop you must add 60-63L in the 2nd stop (or do it the other way around, up to you). Put a few extra liters if you want to play it safe, those rates are for my lines/driving style and might not be exact for you.

So a warning to everyone taking part in the NA race tonight:

When we use "fast" fuel consumption you cannot rely on the recommended amount fuel (at least until that's patched). We are assuming the system is using "normal" for the calculation which left most of us all well short and confused and doing an extra pit stop or running out of fuel or both.

By my calculations the minimum you can add in the first stop is 33L (which should carry you along with the initial 100L to ~ lap 27), but you might want to add more. Over the entire race you are going to have to add about 96-98L so if you add 36 L in the first stop you must add 60-63L in the 2nd stop (or do it the other way around, up to you). Put a few extra liters if you want to play it safe, those rates are for my lines/driving style and might not be exact for you.
Thank you :cheers:

Here are the official results:

event64_res_eu.png

The lounge is open for business... (cork)screwin' business :lol:

Last edited:
I'm going to try and make this, but my car was not broken in all the way. Working on that now.

EDK
I'm going to try and make this, but my car was not broken in all the way. Working on that now.

OK, we'll expect you. I could have gifted you one fully broken in if I had known before opening the lounge, oh well.

OK, we'll expect you. I could have gifted you one fully broken in if I had known before opening the lounge, oh well.

Yep, and I could have broken it in before tonight as well. I did not expect to have the time to run tonight, but we did not end up needing to run the errand I thought we would have to on the way home.

Either way, glad you could join us Kevin. 👍

Here are the official results from the NA race, congratz Mohit:

event64_res_na.png

and the "unofficial" combined results which are rather amusing actually:

event64_res_combined.png

Seems like you had great fun. Shame about my internet, let's just hope I don't get the same problems next week.

Fun races guys, nice job Tim for the 2nd places and Pekka for the 3rd places.

and the "unofficial" combined results which are rather amusing actually:

event64_res_combined.png

I know I was talking about consistency in the lounge buy that takes it to a whole different level :crazy:.

Fun races guys, nice job Tim for the 2nd places and Pekka for the 3rd places.

I know I was talking about consistency in the lounge buy that takes it to a whole different level :crazy:.

Yah, my times look close until you factor in that I pitted 3 times in the EU race for fuel so my NA race was slow. For some reason I was quite fast in the pre-race practice for NA, knocking off consistent high 1'20s, but I just turned it off for the qualification and race... I think I just played it too safe...

Even so, my tires were a big issue in the last 3 laps of every stint. I would lose about 0.2 per lap to you for the first part of the run, once in a while actually closing in a sector or two, middle of the runs I would lose a bit more and the last three laps were over a second per lap, two if I had a bobble. The corkskrew was a nightmare for me starting on lap 10. The back end just wanted to whip around at the top, not so bad at the bottom. I did manage to keep it on track the entire race... got two tires on the sand when I was avoiding Pekka after his crash and lost about 2-3 seconds there, but that was about it.

What setup did you use? Vagabond's setup was a bit too harsh on the tires in the long runs I think. I just ran his TT setup without a single change. It's nice that we can do that now even though it might be optimal for long runs.

I used my own offline setup, never posted it. Nothing special, but it allows my to tune the car to my style, and it's so great I can do that now.

The trick with the last three laps, for me anyways:
I had 3/8 BB, but starting lap 11 I had 3/4, switching it back when I pit. The initial BB helped me turn the car, but when it got slippery, the change in BB kept the back end in check, allowing early power on exit, and thus faster times.

EDIT: I found Chris' tune too rear happy. That probably made it worse on worn tires as well.

Last edited:
Congratz to the podium dudes 👍

Specially to Mohit for winning them both. And how consistent where those two races. Finished both within .191. What if you could even your fastest lap of the EU race in the NA race ;) Very very impressive

Tim has nothing to complain s well within 2 sec. Pretty nice job on your consistency too 👍

Pretty tight finish in the EU race between Pekka and Matthew. Was it from stat to finish so close?

Congratz to the podium dudes 👍

Specially to Mohit for winning them both. And how consistent where those two races. Finished both within .191. What if you could even your fastest lap of the EU race in the NA race ;) Very very impressive

Tim has nothing to complain s well within 2 sec. Pretty nice job on your consistency too 👍

Pretty tight finish in the EU race between Pekka and Matthew. Was it from stat to finish so close?

The first stint was actually pretty close, but everything got quite spread out and completely jumbled due to the fuel issue. All 3 of us (Pekka, Matthew and myself) had to pit an extra time for fuel near the end of the race and Pekka and Matthew just happened to converge on the final lap.

Looking at the replay, Matthew just put in too much fuel and allowed Pekka to leap frog him, but at that point in the race we were all dizzy just having been burned with too little fuel so we weren't taking chances.

Back