GTP WRS-Online : Event 68 : Boxing in Daytona - December 26

• Thread starter Ealirendur
  • 40 comments
Congrats Matthew, very well run race. Also to Rob - looong battle wih Jon 👍

Hope I did this right, first time (be gentle if you see any mistakes):

WRS-OE-68-NAResults_zps4c269e02.jpg

I decided to roll the dice and try the two stop - couldn't push it hard enough, made a few too many little mistakes, and spun anyway with dirty air behind Rob and Jon exiting the bus stop after I finally caught 'em on fresher tires. I figured it would help prevent me dozing off running laps alone and reduce the chance of fatal errors, which nearly worked. No way I was going to catch Matthew that race on any strategy; that ship was very steady.

Happy New Year, guys, and thanks for coming out today! :cheers:

Last edited:
Very small issue I noticed is that Rob's fast lap is highlighted, while it appears that Matthew took the hat trick, with Pole, Fast Lap, and a race win (Not to mention he led every lap).

EDK
Very small issue I noticed is that Rob's fast lap is highlighted, while it appears that Matthew took the hat trick, with Pole, Fast Lap, and a race win (Not to mention he led every lap).

I'm sure Ren, being the scripting sort, would assume that conditional formatting would be automated, but alas that sort of conditional formatting function is not resident in google docs and thus highlighting of the fastest lap is currently a manual process we undertake before capturing the image.

The main drawback with google's implementation of conditional formatting is that the function to determine how to format a cell can only depend on the individual cell's value and constants... Not the value of another cell as is possible in excel. This is fairly high on the wanted list of users. Maybe Ren can find a way to implement that does not use conditional formatting?

PS. Also we have a tradition with first time winners that was not observed. It's not too late for that though although I'm on a phone and can't execute that maneuver at the moment. :sly: congratz Matthew.

Matthew, since you are a first-time winner here, here's the United Kingdom national anthem:

Congratulations.:cheers:

Thanks Wes. Here are the combined results:

Deleted

It's unusual that the gap is that large between the two events so someone may want to check the time for the winner in the NA race (net of the formation lap of course). I've seen a big gap between the winner of NA and EU before, but it's very unusual that the winning time for NA is slower than 6 times from EU.

Last edited:
Matthew, since you are a first-time winner here, here's the United Kingdom national anthem:

Congratulations.:cheers:

:lol: Thanks very much, Wes. I must be honest, once I saw you show up for the NA race I thought, "Well there goes any chance of winning this one". Looks like you tried running the race with ABS off, which must have ruined your race. :crazy:

I think I can attribute my win to four things. First, fully breaking-in the car gave me more lower-end power, which probably gave me a few tenths per lap. Second, I practised pit entry, making sure to slow down before entering the pits so that I wouldn't get penalized like in the EU race. Third, many fewer mistakes compared to the EU race. I had only one major off at the first turn which cost me 2.5 seconds. Fourth, lack of competition. Bart didn't turn up for the NA race, Wes struggled with no ABS, and Ren (who did pretty well otherwise) chose the inferior two-stop strategy. If Ren had stopped just once, I think it would have been somewhat closer.

I'm so thrilled about my first win, thank you guys, see you next week. :cheers:

:lol: Thanks very much, Wes. I must be honest, once I saw you show up for the NA race I thought, "Well there goes any chance of winning this one". Looks like you tried running the race with ABS off, which must have ruined your race. :crazy:

I think I can attribute my win to four things. First, fully breaking-in the car gave me more lower-end power, which probably gave me a few tenths per lap. Second, I practised pit entry, making sure to slow down before entering the pits so that I wouldn't get penalized like in the EU race. Third, many fewer mistakes compared to the EU race. I had only one major off at the first turn which cost me 2.5 seconds. Fourth, lack of competition. Bart didn't turn up for the NA race, Wes struggled with no ABS, and Ren (who did pretty well otherwise) chose the inferior two-stop strategy. If Ren had stopped just once, I think it would have been somewhat closer.

I'm so thrilled about my first win, thank you guys, see you next week. :cheers:
No, I think I would have done as worse with ABS. Tired and lack of concentration (probably caused by being tired). Under normal circumstances I can drive pretty decent without ABS (albeit this track is one of the hardest tracks to drive on without it). Also need to participate more reguarly in online races again.

It was a fully deserved win Matthew.👍

Hope I did this right, first time (be gentle if you see any mistakes):

WRS-OE-68-NAResults_zpsb844db1a.jpg

From the replay, I can report that I crossed the line to start the race at 3:06.099 and finished the race at 58:53.824. That would make my total time 55:47.725 for the NA race. Everyone else's times should be easy to calculate from there.

Oh, and you accidentally highlighted Rob's best lap as being the quickest.

Hope this helps :)

It does (there's also a slight discrepancy in the replay times, apparently :indiff:). Sorry, guys; and thanks to Christophe for patiently showing me the ropes at 1am :cheers:

Kev, I actually robbed Matthew of the deserved Grand Chelem by leading the race for 3-4 laps during the pit strategy changeover, but he obviously got the hat trick.

Updated NA Results:

WRS-OE-68-NAResults_zps4c269e02.jpg

Updated Combined Results:

WRS-OE-68-CombinedResults_zps52490553.jpg

Really hope I got these right this time. Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
OK! Thanks Mods for not archiving this thread, here are the photos I captured...

Al

The field
RoadCourse-Daytona_2copy_zps935054be.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_4copy_zps168331bf.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_5copy_zps14aca327.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_7copy_zps24ff353e.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_8copy_zps08e0d5c3.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_9copy_zpsb1b11247.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_13copy_zps65446f27.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_14copy_zpsaa0b31a7.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_15copy_zpsefb1aa83.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_16copy_zpsb2d1b7cf.jpg