GTP WRS-Online : Event 73 : Baby Monsta - January 30

Looks like there's 6+ confirmed for both races, so it looks like I won't have to sign up as a field filler for this one like I did for the last kei car race. 👍

You're missing out though... It's a really awesome event. As gooners said we were all pleasantly surprised at the fun factor. I will probably be on later tonight if you want to give practice a shot.

Lap times were down to mid 1'27 with a high 1'26 possible given the combination of best splits from the entire field today.

PS> If anyone needs a fully broken in car let me know. I can send one in the next 90 minutes and then another this evening.

Lap times were down to mid 1'27 with a high 1'26 possible given the combination of best splits from the entire field today.

Yes, in the last practice after you went, I managed at 1'26.8, and I know others got similar.

PS> Glad to welcome Paul (GTP_oink) to 3D3 Racing. By the way practice went today I'd say we have ourselves another clean and fast driver. 👍 Just curious how you came up with that tag?

And in answer to that, if I told you that information, I would have to kill you :sly:

Damn, this DFP is going to ruin me. I was able to barley squeeze a 1'30.xxx":ouch:, but I am about 10 hp under powered and I would imagine that EVERY HP makes a difference in this thing. So by my calculations, if I make one mistake I will get lapped by the end of the 24 laps and would for sure get lapped in the 35.:scared:

AnalogAssassin
Damn, this DFP is going to ruin me. I was able to barley squeeze a 1'30.xxx":ouch:, but I am about 10 hp under powered and I would imagine that EVERY HP makes a difference in this thing. So by my calculations, if I make one mistake I will get lapped by the end of the 24 laps and would for sure get lapped in the 35.:scared:

Make sure you haven't missed a part. You should be just 3hp short if your car isn't broken in.

Goin in for practice.

I keep checking, but I have everything and put over 400 miles on the little bugger today, with an oil change I will be at 111hp which MIGHT bring my times down by 1-1.2 seconds per lap.

I did some testing with a few buddies a week or so agao and found there is a massive difference with steering response and steering lock from the DS3<DFP<G27 and I would assume it goes even farther with the likes of the CSR/Elite on GT.

I was able to try a CSR Elite back on Forza 4 and it was stunning how much more accurate the game became to RL with that wheel.

This combo, the wheel should make almost no difference. It's only in the very fast cars where the pedals and wheel precision come into play.

Also, 120 HP and sports hard tires. If you did the TT, a couple of things have changed spec wise for this race. Also don't shift after 7200 RPM.

Also out of lounge, not too much fun driving this thing alone .

This combo, the wheel should make almost no difference. It's only in the very fast cars where the pedals and wheel precision cone into play.

Also, 120 HP and sports hard tires. If you did the TT, a couple of things have changed spec wise for this race.

Also out of lounge, not too much fun driving this thing alone .

I must completely disagree with you here Sir, for instance; the DFP, with its garbage motor, has zero ability to save a spin in 900 degree mode as you cant spin the wheel fast enough to stay ahead of the car without breaking the plastic gear, I broke one already when GT5 first released.

I was however, able to match my true to life ability when using a G27 and Elite, but since they are not mine I was only able to use for the testing situation before I had to return them.

I am about to enter for the "late shift" west coast style. :lol:

I probably won't be there for long, maybe 45 minutes.

On a side note, I can say that after having such a horribly unlucky and terrible day in RL..

I feel like a giant tool bag filled with adult toys.:odd:

I must have been under enough stress today that I THOUGHT that hovering over Eng Stage 1 some half dozen times would place it on the car as I just placed it on mine and did my overhaul(i put a total of 600+ miles on the car since Friday) and I am squared away at 120hp:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am about to enter for the "late shift" west coast style. :lol:

I probably won't be there for long, maybe 45 minutes.

I am gifting my GTP account the car and will be on testing, how do I join you Sir?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've friended the GTP_3D3Racing account, you can look in the Community tab, find GTP_3D3Racing, click on the coffee mug, and it will show you who's in the lounge (or it will list no one, if it's empty).

Also, could you try not to double-post? You can just edit your previous post if you need to add something. 👍

I'm out of the lounge now... as gooners said it's not too much fun by yourself, but is a blast in a pack. AnalogDad never made it. I just checked the friends list for GTP_3D3Racing and he's listed so access to the lounge is there.

One thing to add to Gravitron's directions. Usually when a user is in their own lounge you'll see a little yellow dot next to the coffee cup. But since we use a "shared lounge" and nobody actually drives using the 3D3Racing account you won't see that yellow dot. Click on the coffee cup anyway and when the screen pops up it will let you know if anyone is inside. 👍

We'll have the races in that lounge tomorrow so you'll need access to race. Don't hesitate to post any questions you have in this thread before the race and someone will help you out.

NOTE: We use mics in our lounge (unless there are more than 12 drivers then we turn them off to minimize lag). They are not required, but make giving instructions easier and add to the social element, so if you have one be sure to hook it up. 👍

If you've friended the GTP_3D3Racing account, you can look in the Community tab, find GTP_3D3Racing, click on the coffee mug, and it will show you who's in the lounge (or it will list no one, if it's empty).

Also, could you try not to double-post? You can just edit your previous post if you need to add something. 👍

awesome, I will keep that in the mental reference now since my son would not let me get on in the last few hours :grumpy:

EDIT: with that knowledge I will be in that lounge tonight under my GTP account trying to get my lap time at least into the "29" range. See you all tomorrow for the Eu race at 12 my time.

Last edited by a moderator:
with that knowledge I will be in that lounge tonight under my GTP account trying to get my lap time at least into the "29" range. See you all tomorrow for the Eu race at 12 my time.

Fyi... We will open the lounge up to 60 minutes before the race for warm up / practice. Look for a post here tomorrow when the lounge is set up and ready. Of course you are also always welcome to join the lounge yourself as well.

Since this is your first session with us you might want to show up a little early just in case there are connection issues.

Fyi... We will open the lounge up to 60 minutes before the race for warm up / practice. Look for a post here tomorrow when the lounge is set up and ready. Of course you are also always welcome to join the lounge yourself as well.

Since this is your first session with us you might want to show up a little early just in case there are connection issues.

You can count on me being early and in the form of a dry sponge:gtpflag:

You can count on me being early and in the form of a dry sponge:gtpflag:

Did you ever get your car up to spec? If you are having issues I can gift you mine with parts and tune already applied and fully broken in. Send me a FR on PSN (GTP_WRP001) and post on this thread if you're interested. I'll apply a funky color before sending. :sly:

PS> I'll try to open the lounge by 11 AM Pacific today if my schedule permits unless someone else (usually speedy) gets to it first.

Did you ever get your car up to spec? If you are having issues I can gift you mine with parts and tune already applied and fully broken in. Send me a FR on PSN (GTP_WRP001) and post on this thread if you're interested. I'll apply a funky color before sending. :sly:

PS> I'll try to open the lounge by 11 AM Pacific today if my schedule permits unless someone else (usually speedy) gets to it first.

I appreciate the gesture. I got it adjusted, I am a few seconds off the pace but I usually am with this horrible wheel. Sometimes I feel like I am quicker just using the DS3, but I will stick to my guns and use the DFP.

I have even tried using the tune that is posted on this thread in comparison but have not switched back to my tune (which was great for only having 105hp, 1'30.232") so I am going to switch back to that tune and see what happens before the race today.

I may be pushing it as far as time goes for the E/U race. I will be there as fast as I can.

Al

I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out guys... There's no way I'm going to be back in time. Have fun anyway. Car is a blast with these specs and I was really looking forward to it. Maybe there for the Saturday re-run anyway. 👍

That was the MOST fun I have had on GT5 by far. Nice racing everyone.

Mike, great battle in the feature man:tup:
:cheers::gtpflag:

Agreed, great racing guys. The second race is gunna be far too late for me even though I would love to race it again, hope its just as good for all that race it.

Here are the overall point results:

event73_res_eu_points_zps542df725.png

And the individual Feature/Sprint race results:

event73_res_eu_feature_zpsec31b083.png

event73_res_eu_sprint_zps7c195ad2.png

Congratz Mohit.

And the new guys GTP_oink and GTP_AnalogDad made a great first impression. 👍 Hope you keep coming back for more!

That was for sure the nail in the coffin for me, I will be joining every race I can for sure as well as looking into a better wheel setup so I am a bit better competition.

Great running everyone.👍👍

See you at the NA race in a few hours.

:cheers:
:gtpflag:

That was for sure the nail in the coffin for me, I will be joining every race I can for sure as well as looking into a better wheel setup so I am a bit better competition.

Great running everyone.👍👍

See you at the NA race in a few hours.

:cheers:
:gtpflag:

You certainly did have close battles with Mike (NINE_HUNDRED). If you add the times from both races you two were separated by a grand total of 0.136 seconds. :lol:

And the new guys GTP_oink and GTP_AnalogDad made a great first impression. 👍 Hope you keep coming back for more!

Yeh man, such good fun hope to be back on track as much as possible.

A few pics:

Lap 5 Jam Up - We couldn't have parked any closer

Rome_3_zps73fa6667.jpg

Lap 8 Carnage Sequence

Rome_0_zpsa169aa8d.jpg

Rome_1_zps5f846706.jpg

Rome_2_zps1d2fc203.jpg

Back