GTP WRS-Online : Event 77 : Mountain Lion - February 27

  • Thread starter Thread starter Allibubba99
  • 49 comments
  • 3,505 views
Backed out of this race since they are starting the rookie league on Saturday I'm going to do those instead. Good luck guys, I'll be back! :sly:

That's too bad, but understandable. Most weeks we'll be using the same combo as the academy races so it will not be a conflict having to prepare for two different combos.

Hopefully we get a few others to sign up (and reserves show up) so we can have an official race tonight. Minimum is 6 drivers starting the race for it to be considered official.

I'm on reserve, but plan to make it if I'm home in time from baseball practice... I might be right at 7:00 or even a little after... If I have to start from the back I will do so... if we are short of 6 drivers at 7:00 give me a few minutes to show up. I'll leave my PS3 logged in so I can get there fairly quickly.
 
The E/U Race was a lot of fun. There were more position swaps than I thought there would be after practicing yesterday. I look forward to the N/A Race this evening. We just need a few more participants to make it an official race. I look forward to seeing you there!

Al
 
Had to cancel my reserve status; wound up with an appointment before race finish. I could make up starting numbers if needed and pull over, I guess.
 
Had to cancel my reserve status; wound up with an appointment before race finish. I could make up starting numbers if needed and pull over, I guess.

No, if the plan is to just pull over from the start I don't think that would make a legitimate "quorum" for an official race.
 
Think we should be ok if Tim and maverick show up.
 
I'm already in the lounge... got back from practice relatively promptly because the light was so low we had to quit practice a bit early.

Lounge is open for pre-race practice.
 
Congratz to Mohit on the win. Here are the NA results:

event77_res_na.png


No change of position from the start, but don't be fooled, it was pretty "eventful" except for Mohit who led wire to wire. Yannik had a major crash on lap one and went from 2nd to last collecting Holty. I went from 4th to last on the first lap after one bobble and one face plant into the wall before getting by Yannik and Holty who were involved in the incident near the start/finish line. I got as high as 2nd at one point. JTV was in 2nd for a time. It was a strange race to say the least.

And finally, the combined results:

event77_res_combined.png
 
Nice race guys. Good job Yannik on 2nd, and to Adam for his first podium!

Thank you all for coming out :cheers:. I had a lot of fun :).
 
Some pics:



Trial-Mountain-Circuit_1.jpg



Trial-Mountain-Circuit.jpg



Trial-Mountain-Circuit_2.jpg



Trial-Mountain-Circuit_3.jpg



Trial-Mountain-Circuit_4.jpg

​
 
I'd like to see a pic of the start/finish line after race lap 1 when three of us squeezed by the carnage left by Yannik and Holty. :lol:
 
The pack:

20kavc2.jpg


The start:

2ajb3i0.jpg
 
Thanks Daniel 👍.

Nice pics Sjaak!
 
Love the pictures!!!!

I will have some to share soon!

Al
 
I finished capturing the images but it is now time for bed. I will process them tomorrow. Here is a sample!

Al

TrialMountainCircuit_6copy_zps513db0fd.jpg
 
Nice Al. Can't wait to see the others.
 
Sorry for the delay! Here they are...

Al

TrialMountainCircuit_1copy_zpsd53461f4.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_3copy_zpsda9cefe1.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_16copy_zps5d8d85d7.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_17copy_zps52e5fee2.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_4copy_zps8d1ba40e.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_5copy_zps683a2475.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_6copy_zps513db0fd.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_7copy_zps36a658c1.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_9copy_zps0a64a956.jpg


Getting Lapped.
TrialMountainCircuit_10copy_zps957e4f56.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_11copy_zps88f69528.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_12copy_zps1bfce88a.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_13copy_zpsdd880c82.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_15copy_zps9b2096fd.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_18copy_zps26b16407.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_19copy_zps2aea7ea0.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_20copy_zpsdb8f3548.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_21copy_zps1105b7f8.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_24copy_zps951b062b.jpg
 
Great shots Al! 👍
 
Fantastic pics as usual Al! 👍
Really like the last shot with the 3 cars braking downhill.
 
Back