GTP WRS-Online : Event 77 : Mountain Lion - February 27

Backed out of this race since they are starting the rookie league on Saturday I'm going to do those instead. Good luck guys, I'll be back! :sly:

That's too bad, but understandable. Most weeks we'll be using the same combo as the academy races so it will not be a conflict having to prepare for two different combos.

Hopefully we get a few others to sign up (and reserves show up) so we can have an official race tonight. Minimum is 6 drivers starting the race for it to be considered official.

I'm on reserve, but plan to make it if I'm home in time from baseball practice... I might be right at 7:00 or even a little after... If I have to start from the back I will do so... if we are short of 6 drivers at 7:00 give me a few minutes to show up. I'll leave my PS3 logged in so I can get there fairly quickly.

The E/U Race was a lot of fun. There were more position swaps than I thought there would be after practicing yesterday. I look forward to the N/A Race this evening. We just need a few more participants to make it an official race. I look forward to seeing you there!

Al

Had to cancel my reserve status; wound up with an appointment before race finish. I could make up starting numbers if needed and pull over, I guess.

Had to cancel my reserve status; wound up with an appointment before race finish. I could make up starting numbers if needed and pull over, I guess.

No, if the plan is to just pull over from the start I don't think that would make a legitimate "quorum" for an official race.

I'm already in the lounge... got back from practice relatively promptly because the light was so low we had to quit practice a bit early.

Lounge is open for pre-race practice.

Congratz to Mohit on the win. Here are the NA results:

event77_res_na.png

No change of position from the start, but don't be fooled, it was pretty "eventful" except for Mohit who led wire to wire. Yannik had a major crash on lap one and went from 2nd to last collecting Holty. I went from 4th to last on the first lap after one bobble and one face plant into the wall before getting by Yannik and Holty who were involved in the incident near the start/finish line. I got as high as 2nd at one point. JTV was in 2nd for a time. It was a strange race to say the least.

And finally, the combined results:

event77_res_combined.png

Nice race guys. Good job Yannik on 2nd, and to Adam for his first podium!

Thank you all for coming out :cheers:. I had a lot of fun :).

I'd like to see a pic of the start/finish line after race lap 1 when three of us squeezed by the carnage left by Yannik and Holty. :lol:

I finished capturing the images but it is now time for bed. I will process them tomorrow. Here is a sample!

Al

TrialMountainCircuit_6copy_zps513db0fd.jpg

Fantastic pics as usual Al! 👍
Really like the last shot with the 3 cars braking downhill.

Back