GTP_WRS-Online : General Discussion

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
Nice watch Dennis, would like to see more.

Of course would like it more to see you on track more often, it's been time since we've had an on track battle :mischievous:.

Since a little over a month now i have a capture card after playing around with some TT video's. I came up with the idea of editing a race like your watching a summary (or how you call it) of a race on TV. Personatly i think it's an great idea but it was a lot of work to proces. And i worked on and off the hole january on it. I'm happy with the results. The first race i did was one called Snake in the Road with the Dodge Viper at Indy Road (november 2012). I post the video here be cause the thread has places in the archieve awhile a go.

Hope you enjoy it and i'm curious to know what you guys think of it. And why like it and what not.

Thanks

Nice job on the video. I know how much time these take as I've done a few myself.

Makes me really sad that it was the one race I missed that "Greatest Hits" weekend... you guys had quite the good battle going there.

The first time we ran that "Snake in the Road" combo Marc (Hydro) and I had a similar battle... only the game kicked us all out of the room with a couple laps to go. :(

Thanks for the compliments guys.

And it will take some time to see another video.

That answered Mohit his question. I'm not so motivated to race atm, hardly seen my race rig the last couple of weeks. I missed it though but on the other hand when i'm racing, i'm wondering what i'm doing :grumpy: But i might come back instantly :) I hope :nervous:

Nice job on the video. I know how much time these take as I've done a few myself.

Makes me really sad that it was the one race I missed that "Greatest Hits" weekend... you guys had quite the good battle going there.

The first time we ran that "Snake in the Road" combo Marc (Hydro) and I had a similar battle... only the game kicked us all out of the room with a couple laps to go. :(

It was an awesome battle from start to finish. I glad i was a part of it. Bart is great driver to race with. I knew Santa had an capture card in his head for me and had. And i had this kind of summary of the race in my head. It turned out just the way i wanted. After some playing around with some TT video's, to get familiar with the editing program. I started this one hell of a job, toke me a bit more time (understatement :lol: than i thought. So before i start a new one, i must have had another awesome race.

BTW i could use some 👍 and comments at my video :sly:

Hello, I recently submitted my times and am waiting my placement before I can join the weekly time trials. I'm sure this question was asked before, but I can't seem to find an answer, so, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I am trying to do some of the old time trials just for practice, and to see where I stand, but I'm in the arcade section, and can't find any of he cars listed. Do I have to set these cars as my favorites after buying them? What, if any, tuning would be acceptable? Thanks for any help.

Edit: I just bought one, left it stock, checked it as a favorite, and am using the TVR at Trial Mountain now, hope that's what I'm supposed to do.

Edit #2: Well, maybe I'm in over my head, because with a stock TVR on sports hards, I'm at 139.xxx, it was ugly.

Last edited:
Hello, I recently submitted my times and am waiting my placement before I can join the weekly time trials. I'm sure this question was asked before, but I can't seem to find an answer, so, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I am trying to do some of the old time trials just for practice, and to see where I stand, but I'm in the arcade section, and can't find any of he cars listed. Do I have to set these cars as my favorites after buying them? What, if any, tuning would be acceptable? Thanks for any help.

Edit: I just bought one, left it stock, checked it as a favorite, and am using the TVR at Trial Mountain now, hope that's what I'm supposed to do.

Not all weeks are "arcade mode" weeks.

The TVR for example (Week 105) is using a car from the new car dealership that you have to purchase, break in, tune and run in practice mode. For these events tunes are always posted in the event thread in case you are not a tuner. The TVR is basically a plow with the stock tune, but can be tuned for a nice turn in with the proper settings so no wonder you are not up to speed. :sly:

However, the GT-R for the current time trial (Week 106) is an arcade mode event. In that case you should use the arcade car only and NOT a favorites car. You cannot tune during arcade mode weeks. The only thing you can do is change the brake balance with the R/A functions.

The mode for the competition is listed at the top of the OP as follows: "Hotlap Event in XXX"

EDK
GT5 Week 105 : WRS 10 Year Event #2 - Mountain Lion

gt5logo.png

Hotlap Event in GT Mode Practice

EDK
GT5 Week 106 : Fuji(Nissan) GT(-R)

gt5logo.png

Hotlap Event in Arcade Mode Time Trial

Last edited:
Yes, you found a mistake in the results thread actually... Probably the admin who posted it copy/pasted from a previous week and forgot to edit. I'll fix it.

You're better off looking at the original event thread, but we still do make errors from time to time and you caught one. :lol:

Important notice and feedback wanted!

NOTE: We want feedback from drivers that regularly or semi-regularly attend our weekly EU races on Wednesdays as that is the event that's primarily impacted.

ISSUE: We are getting to that time of year when we need to plan for "Daylight Savings Time" in North America or "European Summer Time" over the pond.

The issue is that these two time shifts do NOT occur at the same time. DST starts in NA on March 10th and Summer Time starts on March 31 meaning next week is the last week NA time will be in sync with EU time until April.

If we keep with our historical practices our events will stick to their NA times (Noon and 7:00 PM pacific):

Option 1 - NA times are "sticky":
Starting March 13:
  • European Time Slot: 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific / 19:00 GMT (moves relative to GMT)
  • North American Time Slot: 10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT (moves relative to GMT)

One alternative would be to move only the NA time slot after March 13 and keep the EU time slot at 20:00 GMT until after EU summertime begins:

Option 2 - Move each region independently:
March 13 - March 27:
  • European Time Slot: 4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific / 20:00 GMT
  • North American Time Slot: 10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT (moves relative to GMT)
Starting April 6:
  • European Time Slot: 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific / 19:00 GMT (moves relative to GMT)
  • North American Time Slot: 10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT

If you are an EU time slot participant (all drivers, not just EU residents) please leave feedback here as to which option you prefer and if you have hard conflicts with either option.

We know we can't necessarily cater to everyone and the majority will rule on this one and will be something the admins ultimately decide next week after gathering this feedback.

ISSUE: We are getting to that time of year when we need to plan for "Daylight Savings Time" in North America or "European Summer Time" over the pond.

The issue is that these two time shifts do NOT occur at the same time. DST starts in NA on March 10th and Summer Time starts on March 31 meaning next week is the last week NA time will be in sync with EU time until April.

For me personally, I can do almost any time on a wednesday, so it doesn't really impact me. So probably best if I don't take sides, as it may actually be important for some people when it takes place. I'd rather leave it to those people to make a proper suggestion.

For me personally, I can do almost any time on a wednesday, so it doesn't really impact me. So probably best if I don't take sides, as it may actually be important for some people when it takes place. I'd rather leave it to those people to make a proper suggestion.

Thanks. That's good feedback. We also want to hear from people who would be fine either way. 👍

PS> I'm in the same boat. Either option works for me and my vote is "either way is fine with me".

Anything before 8pm (GMT) is a no go for me, but i've not been able to get much chance to race on Wednesday nights so a few more weeks won't hurt me if it was to be moved.

I hadn't join WRS's races lately (been busy other race series) but i'll be back few weeks from now. To me option 2 is better.

Just curious whether there has been a WRS weekly race on a custom track someone has made or will there be in the future ? I personally think its quite a good idea.. anybody else?

Just curious whether there has been a WRS weekly race on a custom track someone has made or will there be in the future ? I personally think its quite a good idea.. anybody else?

I mentioned that a while ago and Kevin almost bit my head off. Personally if its a great track I'd be up for it ... Online at least we could try it in an unofficial event to start (Kevin can just skip it. :lol:)

For Parity might also be an option, but that would let people *gasp* practice. Would we/should we disable the Line (I know I lean on it too much in situations like that)?

Perhaps Bart could suggest something, what with all that Track Creator Racing experience?

For Parity might also be an option, but that would let people *gasp* practice. Would we/should we disable the Line (I know I lean on it too much in situations like that)?

Perhaps Bart could suggest something, what with all that Track Creator Racing experience?

I have no interest in racing on a surprise track. There would have to be ample time to practice and learn the layout. Others might enjoy that so I'm not saying don't do it, just that I personally would be interested in practicing and learning the course first... Not to mention stewards would have to use track to approve it which would be a bit/lot unfair.

Line or no line. As long as there are good markers I don't care if we disable it.

I am sure that I am not the first person to ever ask this question, but...

Whats the official stance on weather/time effects being used in WRS races? Just curious is all?

I am sure that I am not the first person to ever ask this question, but...

Whats the official stance on weather/time effects being used in WRS races? Just curious is all?

We've used both before. Weather makes for very tough racing so we don't do it that often, but it's been used at least twice in our official events that I can remember.
We used time change in a special event: GTP WRS-Online : Special VII - Le Mans Dream Car Enduro

Part of the problem with weather is the lack of control. It's just too random to be optimally set up. But we still like to throw it in there once in a while. Personally, I think the wet weather physics isn't that great, but it's fine with the right setup.

We've used both before. Weather makes for very tough racing so we don't do it that often, but it's been used at least twice in our official events that I can remember.
We used time change in a special event: GTP WRS-Online : Special VII - Le Mans Dream Car Enduro

Part of the problem with weather is the lack of control. It's just too random to be optimally set up. But we still like to throw it in there once in a while. Personally, I think the wet weather physics isn't that great, but it's fine with the right setup.

Ahh yes. I fully see your point with the "random" element to it, which isn't too great. I was thinking it might be nice to have an 'Evening' race, because visibility is still good enough, but just makes you see and drive the track a bit differently, and you can make time progression 0 so that it just stays evening for the whole duration, allowing you to make it just as visible as you feel is right.

Just came to my attention because of this new Overtake Challenge in the seasonals, the one at Nurb is set in the evening, and it actually makes the track feel quite different in different lighting, and thought that might make a cool online race.

Would be fun to do nurb at night with no weather like we did La Sarthe... Nurb rarely produced close racing for long when we've used it... But maybe we need slower cars on bad tires.

One issue with night is we discussed the need to ban driving line as it does become a large advantage at night. We decided not to ban it at La Sarthe to keep it friendly to those less experienced.

For time there is good control (not random) and my favorite part is the transitions. Don't worry, we will do it again!

Back