GTP WRS-Online : Event 80 : Competizione a Spa - March 20

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 129 comments
The lounge is open for practice now. A little early/eager this week. :sly:

I just confirmed my registration for the NA race 👍
Glad to see there will be a large grid tonight :)

I might only get an hour or so on this track before the race tonight. If I'm comfortable I'll jump in, otherwise I might just watch and plan to race the Rookie race on Sat.

Scott

Congratz to Twissy on the win. Here are the official results:

event80_res_eu.png

I think we'd have had a little more for Twissy early, but I was off my game for 2-3 laps and basically held up the field. Then JTV and I started trading position and gooners came in the mix and Twissy disappeared.

The results show very few position changes, but that doesn't reflect the actual race. I was 4th with 2 laps to go. I was 2nd with one lap to go but the gap from 2nd to 4th (JTV 3rd, Gooners 4th) was under 2 seconds. 👍

Guys were on different strategies and came together at the end. I thought it was pretty awesome, but very tiring.

For tonight we're at 15 including reserves. 👍 👍

That means we should probably use the "A" lounge with mics-disabled. We have 12 confirmed and that's usually the cutoff for using mics, but Spa has a tendency for screen tearing and lag since it's such a high detail track so unless we have a few cancels I suggest we just play it safe and start in A without mics.

I am going to be at baseball practice until at least 30 minutes prior to the race. I'm going to set up the A lounge very early before i leave and just leave it connected. If there are cancels and I see nobody is in there when I return I'll hop over to the main lounge. If I happen to be late and miss qualification I'll start in the back.

Watch for another admin to announce a change in this thread around 6:00 PM Pacific otherwise see you in GTP_3D3_A.

PS> Working on a video of the EU race 2-4 battle... great fun!

Well, i'm in the A Lounge and the room is bugged. -> Scott is driving and his tires are dark blue even on worn tires. We know that glitch on PURE. I don't know if you are aware of it. To fix it, must set Spa track before opening the room. This is the only way because if we just reset the track, the bug will stay.

Well, i'm in the A Lounge and the room is bugged. -> Scott is driving and his tires are dark blue even on worn tires. We know that glitch on PURE. I don't know if you are aware of it. To fix it, must set Spa track before opening the room. This is the only way because if we just reset the track, the bug will stay.

They have it that way for the main 3D3 lounge. One of the admins will have to look into it.

Good to see you racing tonight 👍.

I was in for a bit. Not sure if I can come close to being competitive but I'll try the qualifier at the very least.

Scott

I'll log in as 3d3 a and reset the lounge.

Edit: Default track now set to Spa... Logging back in as myself and will set up lounge shortly.

Edit: GTP_3D3_A setup and open for pre-race practice.

Last edited:
reset your router. clear your cache. turn off your ps3... then try again. if you dc after 30 secs again then you are probably out of luck.

DId'nt know we changed to 3d3_a till it was too late

Yeah, me either. I was told all racing took place in the 3D3Racing room. I was tired but I thought that I'd show up because I'd registered and didn't want to let anyone down.

Sark

Edit: Default track now set to Spa... Logging back in as myself and will set up lounge shortly.

I see I did not pay attention well enough to the room you put in message. I guess my mind just read it as the normal room. Oh well, there were 3 of us in the other room, finally we realized where you were, but you had just started the race.

So very sorry you guys missed the race due to a miss-communication. For future reference if there are going to be close to 13/14 racers we switch to the "A" lounge which has mics disabled. Hope you will continue to come out to race with us.

Al

No problem ( should have read your post more closely) , the good thing is I practiced alot on a track which I have not been very good at. Be at the race in 2 weeks , next week I am on vacation.

It got worse. When I restarted the PS3 it croaked with YLOD. Off to Sony for repair. I have another PS3 but don't have GT5 installed on it and all of my data is on this one (older PS2 compatible model).

It got worse. When I restarted the PS3 it croaked with YLOD. Off to Sony for repair. I have another PS3 but don't have GT5 installed on it and all of my data is on this one (older PS2 compatible model).

Oh no!!! :crazy: Hope you get it back soon.

If you need any cars etc to rebuild a new account let us know. We can also send tickets. We have a garage full of goodies.

If you don't have a backup of your save you should take out the hard drive from the bad one and stick it in the good one so you can get your save copied off to a USB thumb drive or uploaded to the cloud storage if you have PLUS. Otherwise you'll have to start over again from scratch.

There's also a chance that by cooling (sticking it in the fridge/freezer) or by heating up (covering with blankets) the PS3 you can get it to work long enough to get the data off to a USB thumb drive. It's a remote chance but worth a try if nothing else works as it's already broke.

Sark

If you don't have a backup of your save you should take out the hard drive from the bad one and stick it in the good one so you can get your save copied off to a USB thumb drive or uploaded to the cloud storage if you have PLUS. Otherwise you'll have to start over again from scratch.

There's also a chance that by cooling (sticking it in the fridge/freezer) or by heating up (covering with blankets) the PS3 you can get it to work long enough to get the data off to a USB thumb drive. It's a remote chance but worth a try if nothing else works as it's already broke.

Sark

No no no no no. Bad advice on swapping. If he takes the drive out of one PS3 and sticks it into another, it will get formatted immediately upon turning the system on. Hard drives are formatted to a particular PS3 so they won't work in others without being wiped and formatted automatically.

Congrats again Jon! Great driving :cheers:.

Nice job on 3rd Tim. Close racing there, both races!

Thanks to everyone for coming out :cheers:.

Sorry about the guys who were waiting in the main lounge, but I did make two posts stating that we were going to race in A.

One at 3:54 PM Pacific a good 3+ hours before the race:

For tonight we're at 15 including reserves. 👍 👍

That means we should probably use the "A" lounge with mics-disabled. We have 12 confirmed and that's usually the cutoff for using mics, but Spa has a tendency for screen tearing and lag since it's such a high detail track so unless we have a few cancels I suggest we just play it safe and start in A without mics.

I am going to be at baseball practice until at least 30 minutes prior to the race. I'm going to set up the A lounge very early before i leave and just leave it connected. If there are cancels and I see nobody is in there when I return I'll hop over to the main lounge. If I happen to be late and miss qualification I'll start in the back.

Watch for another admin to announce a change in this thread around 6:00 PM Pacific otherwise see you in GTP_3D3_A.

PS> Working on a video of the EU race 2-4 battle... great fun!

And another at 6:07 a little less than an hour before the race:

In the future if you don't see an admin in the lounge at least 20 minutes before the race you can assume something is up or you are in the wrong place. We *always* have an admin or steward host so they will always be there ahead of time. If nobody is there you should at least scour the thread or send out messages on PSN asking where people are. The event thread is our primary means of communication when not in the lounge itself so that's the first place to look.

Here's are highlights from the battle for positions 2-5 in the EU race (WRP, JTV, MadMax, gooners). You can see Twissy drove away pretty fast and watch his race above in his video :sly:

Warning... it's long!

I had no time to do major edits, but all close racing. Wish I had more time to cut and paste and cover the entire field, but I've got to start preparing for the Greatest Hits!

My computer was down till it was too late so I couldn't read the posts but I should have surfed around other lounges.

Back