img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT

img.php

The following links will allow you to check your local times:

EU Event

NA Event

Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01 @ Nürburgring GP/D

car_volkswagen_golf_iv_gti_rm_01golf_iv_available_in_premium_dealershipconvert_into_race_modification_in_gt_auto.jpg
track_nurburgring_gpd.jpg

Stewards Notes
Beware of daylight savings time and use the links above to double check the start time in your time zone! Based on driver response (we went with the majority) we're "sticking" the EU time slot to GMT time until EU summertime begins and we're "sticking" the NA time slot with the majority of North America which means it moves relative to GMT due to Daylight Savings Time.

NuumlrburgringGP_D_2copy_zpsae858ba5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event81_reg.png

Register

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

NuumlrburgringGP_D_1copy_zpsce6a18f4.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

NuumlrburgringGP_Dcopy_zps8f090dd4.jpg

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Nürburgring GP/D
  • Car: Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM (Race Modification) '01
  • Tires: Sport Softs (S3's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning Unrestricted and R/A functions allowed
  • Example Tunes: Vagabond | EDK

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 32 (+1 Formation Lap)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start (see below)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First based on Qualification
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 175% Average lap (180 sec)
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: Fast
  • Pits: Optional

Regulation Settings

• Performance Points: 443 PP (with full aero)
  • Power: 199 HP
  • Weight: 980 kg
  • Weight Reductions: N/A
  • Engine Modifications: Not allowed
  • Intake Modifications: Allowed
  • Exhaust Modifications: Allowed
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Upgrades Not Allowed. Verifiable by Looking at Turbo Meter on HUD.
  • Drivetrain Modifications: LSD, Clutch, Flywheel all allowed.
  • Transmission: Fully Customizable Transmission Allowed
  • Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension Allowed
  • Aero: Allowed
  • Drivetrain: FF
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Formation Lap

• A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification while all drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 62 mph / 100 km/h and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker for Nürburgring GP/D is the start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

NuumlrburgringGP_D_8copy_zps991161f3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WRS-3D3-Pic-of-the-Week_zps418af8c7.png

Allibubba-01 : Harder to See

NuumlrburgringGP_Dcopy_zps0a0a9175.jpg

After each Wednesday event we're going to give drivers 48 hours to submit race pictures for our "Picture of the Week" contest (submission deadline is Friday @ 8:00 PM Pacific).

Submit your pictures by simply posting to this thread after the event and before the deadline. Please provide a short name for each of your submitted pictures which will be used in voting. e.g. "WRP001-1 : Lap 1/Turn 1", "WRP001-2 : The Crash", etc. All posted pictures will be copied to the showroom post by an admin in the order posted.

Rules:
  • The deadline for submission is Friday @ 8:00 PM Pacific.
  • Each entrant can submit one to three pictures each week.
  • The entrant need not be a participant in the race (if they can get their hands on an official replay they can submit).
  • All content from the picture must come from one or both of the official event replays (EU and/or NA).
  • The pictures can be "photoshopped" or post processed in any way or can be straight from GT5 (montages are accepted).
  • You can put your tag/initials or a small stamp on the pictures, but keep it discrete.

Once the submission deadline has passed there will be a 48 hour voting period (ending 8:00 PM Pacific on Sunday). The winning picture will become the title picture for the thread and potentially the historical results thread.

Event Entries
(in order of entry)

They just kept getting harder to see lap after lap!!! Allibubba-01 : Harder to See
NuumlrburgringGP_Dcopy_zps0a0a9175.jpg

Twissy and WRP battle in the E/U race. Allibubba-02 : Twissy and WRP
NuumlrburgringGP_D_5copy_zps34aa1a11.jpg

OINK drifting the corner!!!! Allibubba-03 : Oink Drifting
NuumlrburgringGP_D_9copy_zpse545a2c0.jpg

SJaak-001 : Al in the Sand
33z71bq.jpg

SJaak-002 : Grayscale
29vld1t.jpg

SJaak-002 : The Draft
4nn6h.jpg

Sarkazmo-001 : My Car
NuumlrburgringGP_D1Entry2.jpg

Sarkazmo-002 : Leaders Dishing
NuumlrburgringGP_D5_Entry1.jpg

Sarkazmo-003 : Fun for b00gee
NuumlrburgringGP_D3FunEntry.jpg

WRP-001 : The Final Turn
event80_golf_wrp1_finalturn.jpg

WRP-002 : Snaking through Turn 3/4
event80_golf_wrp2_snaking.jpg

WRP-003 : Jumping the Curb
event80_golf_wrp3_jumpingthecurb.jpg

Revoy-001

Revoy-002

gooners-001 : Sheer Driving Pleasure
Nuumlrburgring-GP_D.jpg

JTV-001 : Maximum Aggression
8601157177_ba5b489d49_b.jpg

Voting Results

event81_res_pow.png

Disclaimer: GTP_WRS and/or 3D3 Racing reserve the right to use any of these pics to promote our events elsewhere. If you submit pictures you are expressly giving us permission to use them. If we use the picture outside of our event threads we reserve the right to put GTP, WRS and/or 3D3 stamps on them as well.

Last edited:
Signed up as a reserve. I'm hoping to race but my wife and I adopted a Beagle this weekend and I'm alone while she is in Germany. It is a lot of work and I'm not sure yet if he can handle an hour or more without me there to take him potty or stop him from chewing things.

Anyone have one of these fully broken in they can send me? If not, I'll get my Bob on it right away.... I forgot to break one in and I had a few minutes to finally drive it and now I have to let Bob drive. Need a good testing session to finalize the specs of this event.

Anyone have one of these fully broken in they can send me? If not, I'll get my Bob on it right away.... I forgot to break one in and I had a few minutes to finally drive it and now I have to let Bob drive. Need a good testing session to finalize the specs of this event.

Give me 5 :),I will send the car right away.

With full breakin, its 199hp? Iv drivin like 200+ miles and its only 173 with the oil change. Am I missing something here?

I think there is a mistake in the thread... comparing it to the TT...

Intake and Exhaust modifications should be allowed. I'll make the edit.

EDIT: Fixed. Check your specs versus the new details and you should be at 199 HP.

I think there is a mistake in the thread... comparing it to the TT...

Intake and Exhaust modifications should be allowed. I'll make the edit.

EDIT: Fixed. Check your specs versus the new details and you should be at 199 HP.

Cheers Tim, yes that was it. With the parts noted there, I'm now at 199hp, 980kg, and max aero brings me to 443PP.

I've updated the race settings: 32 race laps (+1 formation) and FAST tire wear/fuel consumption.

Nobody will need to add fuel as this thing runs green... only 2.25L/lap and that's on Fast fuel consumption. Therefore it's possible to make it without a single stop, but I highly doubt that will be the best strategy.

Anybody able to gift me a car. I'm a bit skint after the PS3 crash last week and I'm starting afresh on the other PS3 with $20K. Nothing in the garage but Aventadors and Jaguar Race Cars which I can't sell :-( Shipping box for the older PS3 is due tomorrow so will likely be another few weeks before I have my regular setup back.

P.S. I remember vaguely there were races that were good for fast money if you had a decent car to run, if anyone can suggest one of those I'll try working for a living :-)

I've signed up although I will say my tuning skills are somewhat..... Limited :D! Should be fun though, and twissy stole my yellow ;p! First time I'm not racing in yellow in a long while!

I've signed up although I will say my tuning skills are somewhat..... Limited :D! Should be fun though, and twissy stole my yellow ;p! First time I'm not racing in yellow in a long while!

Thats ok Tidgney, you can have the yellow, I only put yellow as thats the colour currently on the car. I'm going to change it before the event and update on the registration.

Thats ok Tidgney, you can have the yellow, I only put yellow as thats the colour currently on the car. I'm going to change it before the event and update on the registration.

O don't worry mate, I was only playing :)! It's just a colour, I'm looking forward to the racing :D!

Anybody able to gift me a car. I'm a bit skint after the PS3 crash last week and I'm starting afresh on the other PS3 with $20K. Nothing in the garage but Aventadors and Jaguar Race Cars which I can't sell :-( Shipping box for the older PS3 is due tomorrow so will likely be another few weeks before I have my regular setup back.

P.S. I remember vaguely there were races that were good for fast money if you had a decent car to run, if anyone can suggest one of those I'll try working for a living :-)

I sent you a car. Feel free to use the paint (DLC chrome) as I'm using something different (orange, since Barts not running). Comes with EDK tune already applied. :sly:

The Lambo 550 PP seasonal at Toscana can be a quick money earner with the bonus... I have a Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 set up for that race and shared at 475PP that will get a pretty big payout... even if you increase the PP to 500 the payout is pretty big and it's winnable down to 460 PP, but gets more risky as you drop power. Send me a FR, borrow the car and give it a shot.

There are a couple tunes linked in the details post... they are both from very good tuners and you won't have to change them much if at all to be competitive. I'm using EDK's for now and having tried Vagabond's yet.

After driving the RUF at GP/F this thing is certainly a different animal. More of a kitten really. :lol: Should be some close racing though.

I've signed up for this, should be good close racing with this car :D

Remember to check out my lap guide for some extra tips ;)

Also here is my setup:

March Iphone 008 by BanditKarter, on Flickr

Should be joining practice later if I can stay awake, been up since 4am :yuck:

Last edited:
The registration form and registration images had some errors in the times for the events for certain time zones due to daylight savings changes. The OP was and is correct and I've just corrected the registration docs.

March 27, 2013

European Time Slot

4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific / 20:00 GMT

img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT

img.php

The following links will allow you to check your local times:

EU Event

NA Event

Next week Europe will switch to Summer Time and we'll have a few tweaks again... but after that we should be stable for the next 6 months until fall.

Should be joining practice later if I can stay awake, been up since 4am :yuck:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the vid. I learned a ton :sly:

So much for me not having time to get on GT5 for a few weeks :)

To good to miss, i've signed up for the EU race tomorrow.

Signed up for the race tomorrow :nervous: Can't wait to see how fast everyone else is now, especially since I didn't do week 109, haha.

I would like to say for sure I'll attend, but I'm getting my new CNT racing seat tomorrow. But UPS is kinda unreliable with their delivery windows to my house, sometimes I get packages at close to 9pm, sometimes at about 5pm. But I think even if it arrives, I'll still race as it will take a while to assemble.

Jerome

Last edited:
Signed up for the race tomorrow :nervous: Can't wait to see how fast everyone else is now, especially since I didn't do week 109, haha.

I would like to say for sure I'll attend, but I'm getting my new CNT racing seat tomorrow. But UPS is kinda unreliable with their delivery windows to my house, sometimes I get packages at close to 9pm, sometimes at about 5pm. But I think even if it arrives, I'll still race as it will take a while to assemble.

Jerome

Jerome,

I registered you in our 3D3 drive database so our automated registration system would recognize you... you should show up during the next image update. I'll also send you FR from the 3d3 lounges shortly and you'll have to accept those before you can join.

:cheers:

Tim

Sounds good buddy, thanks.

Jerome

Back