GTP WRS-Online : Event 87 : "Z" Ultimate Driving Machine - May 8

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 110 comments
I'm in if someone can send me a car. After not finishing last week I'm quite broke :-(

If you take the friends request I just sent Ill send one over.

"Cleanliness is next to Godliness"

👍

Edit: Woops double posted by mistake. But it went to a new page, so no one will ever notice...:mischievous: What I did want to say is, I'm going to bed now strop, but I guess you weren't on to take my FR on PSN. Perhaps someone who has you added could send you the car instead.

Jury duty delayed again! 👍 Meaning I'm 100% for tomorrow. :cool:

Somebody registered with the color "Venetian Violet", but didn't fill in their PSN ID completely... if that was you please re-register using the form.

Last edited:
Jury duty delayed again! 👍 Meaning I'm 100% for tomorrow. :cool:

Somebody registered with the color "Venetian Violet", but didn't fill in their PSN ID completely... if that was you please re-register using the form.

That's why it didn't change on the Reg Table. All fixed now!

Al

WRP001
Just remember "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" and driving within your limits and respecting other drivers per the OLR is more important than any finishing position.

Ive never thought of clean racing that way! Ill keep that in mind...

Just remember "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" and driving within your limits and respecting other drivers per the OLR is more important than any finishing position.

👍 x1000

I like most respect a clean/respectful racer over anything else in this game, as it's those guys who make it the most enjoyable :)!

👍 x1000

I like most respect a clean/respectful racer over anything else in this game, as it's those guys who make it the most enjoyable :)!

True, but as clean and respectfull as I am, I also would like to become as fast as you guys :)

Sorry guys, I have to cancel. Something came up.
Have fun!

Announcement:

We're at 17 confirmed drivers and we don't want anyone to sit out so unless things change we are going to "split" the race into two lounges. However, everyone will have a chance to qualify for the "A" race.

We're going to split up qualifying into two lounges based on division. D1 & D2 will start in the main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) and D3-D5 will start in the B lounge (GTP_3D3_B). Each room will have one qualifying group where drivers get an out lap and two hot laps to set their best time. Stewards will record these times in our google doc and the fastest half of the drivers across both lounges will race in the main lounge (race A). And the rest will race in the B lounge (race B). Race A will get the extra driver in the case of odd numbers.

There are enough stewards to easily cover both lounges regardless of the quali outcome and we'll be communicating on google docs during qualification. Once qualification is complete we'll allow for any required driver room swaps and then get all drivers in the pits and start the race.

I'll post an update in about 45 minutes. Please update your registration if there are any changes to your status. In the case that we get down to 16 or less confirmed we'll all race in one room (My lounge with mics-disabled) so keep an eye on the thread..

NOTE: The formation lap speed today is being reduced to 80 km/h | 50 mph because the distance between the final corner and the starting line is quite short and this will give a better chance for the guys in the back to get lined up properly. The pole sitter can take the field at 120 mph until the last sector at which point he should slow to the speed limit and keep it there until the start/finish line where the race begins.

NOTE: We are down to 16 confirmed., but the changes are coming every 5 minutes (adds/cancels).

I've got the main lounge open and drivers are welcome to come in and practice. Everyone should report there until further notice (until it's full).

About 30 minutes prior to the race we'll make a decision on split or no split and give each driver instructions on where to report for qualification based on their division. Anyone confirmed at that point will get a spot on a grid somewhere, but reserves may not have a spot depending on the numbers.

OK, 20 minutes to quali and we're at 16 confirmed so the race will take place in my lounge: GTP_WRP001.

We are going with one grid and mics-disabled.

Reserve drivers will not get a spot unless one of the confirmed drivers no shows or cancels.

Sorry MJ... I guess 16 drivers was too much for your connection? Not all oiur races are this packed... hopefully we'll have enough next week for 2 smaller lounges.

Sorry MJ... I guess 16 drivers was too much for your connection? Not all our races are this packed... hopefully we'll have enough next week for 2 smaller lounges.

no problem
i'm sad to miss that race, was a perfect combo.
but I'll manage to catch up with you guys in the coming weeks.

as you said, 16 drivers might be too much for my connection.

I hope that I haven't distract anyone with my entry/exit messages.

Well after a pretty decent qualifying, was hard to keep up with Wes, did do (just lol!) until a little mistake though :(! Ghost got past and they had a massive battle so just kept behind for awhile, 3 into 1 definitely does not go haha :P! But near the end of the first stint, lost pace and tyre wear :(! Think I was 1 BB to aggressive on rear maybe, but lost a bit of time, caught it up then, Wes dived in!

Then... the biggest blunder ever, i decided to fill to full?? Bear in mind I was just below half lol... and it was pretty near halfway! Put me so far back :(! I blame my cat who was sat next to me looking up at me with puppy dog? eyes!! Anyway, was a fun race anyway, and had some fun fighting with Tim at the end :D!

Big congratulations to Ghost though, and Well played everyone!

Congratz Ghost! You'll get your national anthem celebrating your first win after the results become official. We have at least one incident to review first although as far as I know it doesn't involve any of the podium finishers.

Congratz Ghost! You'll get your national anthem celebrating your first win after the results become official. We have at least one incident to review first although as far as I know it doesn't involve any of the podium finishers.

What happened?

What happened?

I'm sorry to say silver, but you've been disqualified for being too silver. We discriminate against metals of that kind in this series.

;) just messin mate.

What happened?

A few drivers reported incidents... e.g. contact made and advantage taken without giving back the spot per the OLR (contact concession).

This is pretty normal procedure when any driver reports an incident. The admins review the replay and see if there was an infraction worthy of a penalty and if so there is a time penalty handed out and potentially places lost in the race results or in extreme cases a DQ. In some cases only warnings are given if it's a borderline situation and not from a repeat offender. In some cases the review shows the incidents are just racing incidents and no further action taken.

The admins will post an update when we've made our collective decision.

Well, I just back from my poker tournament and I hadn't the time to try this combo earlier. So, any information about the fuel that we have to add please?

Well, I just back from my poker tournament and I hadn't the time to try this combo earlier. So, any information about the fuel that we have to add please?

I just did 13 laps with gas and tire wear set to fast, and used about 4.9 litres per lap. I am going to add around 30 - 32 litres during race. Tire wear is not too bad so looking like a one stop race.

I had a change of plans. I will do my best to get back in time to race tonight.

Al

Add between 25-27L depending on how you drive and how much risk you are willing to take. :sly: Be in the lounge shortly.

Add between 25-27L depending on how you drive and how much risk you are willing to take. :sly: Be in the lounge shortly.

Take 25 at your own risk, lol. I took 25 (maybe 26 my memory is foggy) and ran out halfway round last lap. :D

I just tried to join and I'm getting 'Network is incompatible with room owner' error. I can join A and B but not 3D3 Racing. Any idea what's going and who the room owner is (and why this is different from previous week?)

I haven't changed anything on my end, setup is exactly the same as it was previous weeks and I was also online for about an hour yesterday without any problems.

I just tried to join and I'm getting 'Network is incompatible with room owner' error. I can join A and B but not 3D3 Racing. Any idea what's going and who the room owner is (and why this is different from previous week?)

:P should be fixed now, I think you can join ;)

Back