GTP WRS-Online : Event 88 : Elizabeth, Queen of the Forest - May 15

Good race guys.. had some good battles but unfortunately was in the middle of nowhere for the majority of the race. Sorry about the incidents in the previous race I had an off day for sure.. I was on my best behaviour tonight!

I thought I did we'll tonight
Al what happened to you in the closing stages as I caught you quite quick from nowhere then you spun

let me guess next week is camaro ss on suzuka now i didn't really like the lotus / deep forest but this one hell yes

let me guess next week is camaro ss on suzuka now i didn't really like the lotus / deep forest but this one hell yes

Yes, we follow the offline time trial almost always, unless there is a good reason to believe it won't make a good online race.

So next week you can count on us running the SSuzuka combo which is an arcade combo meaning we will use the recommended garage car -- no tuning, no break in... simple! You'll get assigned a car once in the lounge and you can change colors if you like. Pick the right tires and off you go. All that's to be decided really is the lap count and tire wear setting.

Yes, we follow the offline time trial almost always, unless there is a good reason to believe it won't make a good online race.

So next week you can count on us running the SSuzuka combo which is an arcade combo meaning we will use the recommended garage car -- no tuning, no break in... simple! You'll get assigned a car once in the lounge and you can change colors if you like. Pick the right tires and off you go. All that's to be decided really is the lap count and tire wear setting.

ok nice so this will be a bit closer with no random elements like tuning and braking in the car looking forward to it :)

The tune I used, was mostly based off of Chris's (Vagabond's) but with a few changes.

-20/-15
12.5/13.5
5/6
4/6
7/7
2.0/2.0
0.00/0.20

10/16/16

2/0 BB

Gears are the same as Chris' original tune

but with 5th set to 1.615, 6th set to 1.409.

Doesn't hurt you too bad in the bends and when you are on your own, but gives you a bit extra with draft.

Shame it's not like the F40 at monza event, its a bit less interesting having to pick a colour from the list, but who am I to complain :D

Edit: Oops, that was in response to the guys talking about the SSuzuka event lol.

Last edited:
I thought I did we'll tonight
Al what happened to you in the closing stages as I caught you quite quick from nowhere then you spun

I had a spin and rather than get in the way, I waited to re-enter the track. Good thing I did, there were 3 cars in a close battle for position.

I had issues with this combo right from the beginning of the TT. My issues continued on track today! It's very unfortunate that I have to miss the Academy this weekend. I sure need some tips! I get one more chance tonight with the NA race. I noticed that I was representing NA today, sorry I didn't do so well for my continent!

Al

I had a spin and rather than get in the way, I waited to re-enter the track. Good thing I did, there were 3 cars in a close battle for position.

I had issues with this combo right from the beginning of the TT. My issues continued on track today! It's very unfortunate that I have to miss the Academy this weekend. I sure need some tips! I get one more chance tonight with the NA race. I noticed that I was representing NA today, sorry I didn't do so well for my continent!

Al

When you are in the EU race you are forgiven, your a visitor ;)

In the NA race...no excuses I'm afraid, your on home turf! :D

We are now live on the stream. Tune in if you fancy it and aren't racing! http://www.twitch.tv/oink83

Last edited:
Now that was better!!! Except for spinning in the final turn and giving up 5th with 4 laps to go! Thank you Paul, (oink) your tune was AWESOME!!!!! Much more fun tonight, I can never get enough of all the clean respectful drivers in this community! Congrats to all the podium winners and to those who came out for their first races with us!

Al

Enjoyed the race guys. Nice job Pekka and Oink for the podiums, and thank you all for coming out :cheers:.

I did have issues with lapped cars where 3(!) different people wouldn't let me by. Overall that cost me just 5-7 seconds, but it shouldn't be happening.

If someone's a lap ahead you have to let them by, no exceptions.

NA Result:

Well done, Mohit, Pekka, and Paul!

Al, I thought you were just trying to cheer me up :sly:

Combined:

I want to remind drivers that our events observe the blue flag rule. If you are being lapped you cannot obstruct the lapping driver per the OLR:

Drivers that are about to get lapped have to make sure not to interfere with the lapping cars. Slow down on the straights on either side of the track or maintain the outside line during cornering. If for whatever reason you happen to be on the inside line when being overtaken, stay on the inside line until all drivers that were about to lap you have passed. You are not allowed to deliberately block the lapping cars.

We have reports of drivers in both races today not observing the blue flag rule properly or promptly.

In the EU race Silver reported several drivers holding him up during the race. I have not seen the replay, but several drivers have already admitted they didn't realize who was passing him. That's not an excuse as your responsible for knowing. We understand mistakes happen and in this case several cars who were being lapped were in a battle at the same time. We're not taking any action as the results were not changed, but it's every driver's responsibility to know what's going on. In particular if it's the leader of the race you have splits every sector and you know when you are getting close to a lap down. Map and use your "rear view" as this will make it clear who is behind you.

In the NA race we are contacting at least one driver to issue a blue flag warning as there was a clear case of ignoring the blue flag, but the results were not impacted and it was first offense so no penalty is being issued.

If anyone has questions regarding the blue flag please ask and we can discuss in the thread.

EDIT: And more reports from mohit above! Guys, you have to do better about observing the rules.

Great racing everyone, thoroughly enjoyed this combo, one of my faves so far here! (although I think the Elise often brings about that effect ;)). Very happy with a podium in each race, and well done to the other guys who got them as well, not to mention everyone else!

Thank you Paul, (oink) your tune was AWESOME!!!!!

Al

Thanks Al. When we got into the lobby and there were a few people who all said they were using my tune, I suddenly was a bit anxious that I had created a monster! :scared: But you're right, this car was very 'comfy' to drive, and very smooth round this track, so I guess it was a decent tune, so glad it worked out for you, and hope it was fine for anyone else who gave it a go.

That was a fun race last night!!

Didn't do to bad concidering i never raced this car before and had no practice laps at all!
Also didnt have a tune,so just gambled something which turned out pretty ok...

Hopefully see you guys for next race!

Spy.

That was a fun race last night!!

Didn't do to bad concidering i never raced this car before and had no practice laps at all!
Also didnt have a tune,so just gambled something which turned out pretty ok...

Hopefully see you guys for next race!

Spy.

Yes you did well... Didn't see you much on the live stream but noticed you moving up the driving order.

This wasn't an easy combo to jump in cold... I found that out Tuesday! I didn't care for the first couple tunes I tried and ran out of time so just bagged it this week. Fiddling with car setups is not my thing. Usually I pick one tune, stick with it and adjust my driving to the quirks left In the car, but this one just didn't agree with me.

Definitely come back next week... No tuning to worry about! I suspect an even larger field... Who knows maybe two grids needed.

Speaking if that... Lag didn't seem to be an issue for anyone? Usually with 14 we run in a mic disabled lounge to minimize lag and that wasn't the case today as we didn't actually expect 14.

Thanks for the racing last night, I really enjoyed it!

It was great to jump in totally unprepared and just see what happened. I decided to gamble on a 0 stopper about half way through and upto about lap 36 it was looking quite good, until I was caught by the pack.

Having a new/untuned car was a little disadvantageous but i'll try to be better prepared for next time.

Thanks for the racing last night, I really enjoyed it!

It was great to jump in totally unprepared and just see what happened. I decided to gamble on a 0 stopper about half way through and upto about lap 36 it was looking quite good, until I was caught by the pack.

Having a new/untuned car was a little disadvantageous but i'll try to be better prepared for next time.

Welcome. Hope to see you back often. Like spyro we watched you climb the leaderboard on the stream for a bit... and then fall back. Didn't know you were on a no stop strategy, but glad you tried it.

Didn't anyone try the setup I posted then? Shame.

I tried the early version with the initial tweaks and I just couldn't get a handle on the car. Usually love your tunes but this one just hated me. I was both off the pace and out of control. I tried Pekka's v1 tune for a few laps and at that point getting work done would be more productive. Then I got sucked into watching the stream. :lol:... But at least that didn't take practice time so I did at least get some stuff completed! My wife was glad to get help putting the kids to bed on a Wednesday for a change. I told her not to get too used to it though. :lol:

such a disappointing race for me, had such high hopes leading into it as I felt I got to grips really well in the TT. Was on par with Silv in practise before the race, made mistakes at turn 2 on my 1st quali lap, and out of the last corner on my 2nd lap, still managed to start 4th. Had a great battle with gtevolution, just couldn't shake him... but couldn't get past pekka either, saw silv was pulling away and made a silly lunge on pekka which resulted in me dropping it on the double right, then in my rage nearly took out oink as I rejoined (sorry m8) another spin after that pretty much sorted my race for me, had some close battles as I tried to fight my way back through but it was too late by thn. Towards the end, as I noticed silv was coming upto lap me I had one last surge, but again made silly mistakes and lost even more time, think I just coasted for the last lap :(

It was a great combo, but I found it so difficult to overtake, I was faster than most in sector 1, but couldn't get past at turn 1, and all attempts into the double right ended in failure... turn 2 was about the only place I managed to get past people.

anyway, didn't run out of fuel this week :D but need to stay calm and not get frustrated with myself

oh and chris, I did attempt your race tune in practise, but I couldn't get on with it.. in hindsight I wish id have kept it, the twitchy setup from the TT proved costly more than once..

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the most difficult races I raced...but lots of fun.
Thanks to all the great racers surrounding me on the track :)

Congrats to Silver,gtevolution and Oink(weldone) 👍

ae9jqf.png

such a disappointing race for me, had such high hopes leading into it as I felt I got to grips really well in the TT. Was on par with Silv in practise before the race, made mistakes at turn 2 on my 1st quali lap, and out of the last corner on my 2nd lap, still managed to start 4th. Had a great battle with gtevolution, just couldn't shake him... but couldn't get past pekka either, saw silv was pulling away and made a silly lunge on pekka which resulted in me dropping it on the double right, then in my rage nearly took out oink as I rejoined (sorry m8) another spin after that pretty much sorted my race for me, had some close battles as I tried to fight my way back through but it was too late by thn. Towards the end, as I noticed silv was coming upto lap me I had one last surge, but again made silly mistakes and lost even more time, think I just coasted for the last lap :(

It was a great combo, but I found it so difficult to overtake, I was faster than most in sector 1, but couldn't get past at turn 1, and all attempts into the double right ended in failure... turn 2 was about the only place I managed to get past people.

anyway, didn't run out of fuel this week :D but need to stay calm and not get frustrated with myself

oh and chris, I did attempt your race tune in practise, but I couldn't get on with it.. in hindsight I wish id have kept it, the twitchy setup from the TT proved costly more than once..

Indeed it was a good battle against you and pekka! 👍 we stuck toghether many laps before you spun out. I was pitting late to get less laps with worn tires and then i saw my chance to get Pekka "Max" with longer lasting tires and it would have paid off i guess, despite there was the incident. Fortunately we only had to change tires i think next time we´ll need to do more adrian newey´s job and watch the fuel bar and the consumption :D

Ala

Was on par with Silv in practise before the race, made mistakes at turn 2 on my 1st quali lap, and out of the last corner on my 2nd lap, still managed to start 4th.

You had great pace, you 4 ahead of me all started breaking away, but I could see you guys on the map were still very close, and I was actually thinking "the only thing that can save me here is if the battle causes someone to lose the car". And then I come to the double right (I think that's where your mistake that allowed me to pass was) and was just quite lucky! Not to mention I then take 3rd to an incident that Pekka was involved with. My end position was really quite lucky I have to say, but I guess it's a good advertisement for keeping consistent, and pushing on even if no one is in sight. The opportunity might just drop into your lap.

Shame for you though, after being so quick :(

Latest Posts

Back