GTP WRS-Online Event 9 : A Silverhorn Of Plenty - March 26, 2014

• Thread starter PASM
  • 94 comments
It was a great race!
This is my first WRS official race podium and I am very happy :D:D:D
I had a not so good race pace in the first 5 or so laps but managed to get behind Oink and Hasslemoff afterwards. Did some laps in the same pace as the leader then the traffic started. Managed second place after a small mistake by Hasslemoff because of traffic probably. In the final laps I tried to catch up with Oink leading the race but again traffic was keeping my laps slow.
Sorry if I got a little bit aggressive overtaking lapped drivers but I was trying to get closer to Oink.
Great race everybody, it's a lot of fun racing with you guys :D

Well, I'm going to be the useless cameraman and post some photos on the race:

WARNING: LARGE IMAGES

Silverstone_National_Circuit_1.jpg

The back half of the starting grid...

Silverstone_National_Circuit_2.jpg

Going 3 wide into a corner... Skyline's on the runoff...

Silverstone_National_Circuit_3.jpg

Oink leading the race, and Hasslemoff right behind him!

Silverstone_National_Circuit_5.jpg

4 way battle for 8th!

Silverstone_National_Circuit_6.jpg

Turok about to overtake lapped drivers.

Silverstone_National_Circuit_7.jpg

Even Oink was having problems with the catastrophic understeer!

Silverstone_National_Circuit_8.jpg

Me about to get lapped by Hasslemoff... AGAIN.

Silverstone_National_Circuit_9.jpg

Even with roasted tires, McLaren manages to hit almost every apex on the track!

Silverstone_National_Circuit_10.jpg

Skyline and another ZZII do battle on the straight!

Silverstone_National_Circuit_11.jpg

McLaren and LittlePaul fight for position as they approach a straight.

Silverstone_National_Circuit_12.jpg

Oink leading the pack with a horde of cars following!

Silverstone_National_Circuit_13.jpg

Me clinging onto 8th position... just.

Silverstone_National_Circuit_14.jpg

Dat gap between those two cars.

Silverstone_National_Circuit.jpg
'

Oink leading the pack with an impressive 53 second lap time!

Silverstone_National_Circuit_15.jpg
'
A frantic battle for 5th place on Lap 3!

It was a great race!
This is my first WRS official race podium and I am very happy :D:D:D
I had a not so good race pace in the first 5 or so laps but managed to get behind Oink and Hasslemoff afterwards. Did some laps in the same pace as the leader then the traffic started. Managed second place after a small mistake by Hasslemoff because of traffic probably. In the final laps I tried to catch up with Oink leading the race but again traffic was keeping my laps slow.
Sorry if I got a little bit aggressive overtaking lapped drivers but I was trying to get closer to Oink.
Great race everybody, it's a lot of fun racing with you guys :D
Hey guys sorry but I'm going to miss NA due to some family business that has come up...see ya next week

We're gunna be in 1 room again for NA. Just sorting out who to host, won't be too long guys.

It was fun driving tonight. I had a good Quali and started 5th. After the start I lost a bit but was fighting with @GTP_mclaren @GTP_littlepaul for 6th place. Did a good job until lap 21 when I braked to much on the curbs and ran wide. Got a good rhythm after that and got in a dogfight with @pitskater which was great but ended on lap 28 when i ran into @Thematic who was parked on the road in the first corner and choose the wrong side to get pass by him. Some suspension damage got me wide in the next corner and had to let past 3 guys who were come up. The pace wasn't that good after that moment but I could pass the guys I let by and I ran 8 which was good enough for me on that moment. On lap 44 I was caught up by a car which i thought belong to @Nail-27 but it was @Turok134 who was running second. I should have let him by but I thought I was racing the other guy. So i'm very sorry for holding you up :ouch: On the replay I saw enough opportunitys to do so. My tires were 5-7-8-8 on the end and could just keep @nail27 behind me. Happy with the result and had fun racing tonight. :gtpflag:
Yup that was fun....when you fell off I got by and we were quite evenly matched...every time you went wide....I'd follow you ! Before you passed me I came-up to lap thematic in the squiggly bits
Before start finish and got by on the outside but couldn't see if I was clear so I let him back by....and you ,crass opportunist that you were, followed him through...so I spent a
Lifetime trying to get by you. I had memorable dices and chases with Death star and RoeszaGT...I had saved my tires a bit more than some (I was alerted to the sudden lack of grip when I just came up short of the Kitty Litter around 25 laps in) in fact When Oink passed/lapped me he proceeded to slide off coming onto the front straight and for a second I considered re-passing, saw the error of my ways, and backed off while he gathered it up and sailed off into the distance. Then Turok came up and lapped me while I was chasing you and when he got up to you I noticed that you were racing the hell out of him....good for me....but I still couldn't catch you. Great racing up and down the field....and kudos to Thematic for not losing his cool when he became the meat in the sandwich into Copse with RoeszaGT on the outside and me brake checked on the inside hoping he would delay turning in just a little bit longer...no contact was made. I got caught out when he braked early to let Roesza through and there was no where to go except inside. No contact but I pondered letting him back by but got involved with the chase and kept going.

Question, the car passing has the responsibility of cleanly executing the move and if he botches it he should return the position. What about a car lapping another car while taking evasive action....I apologized but is there any difference if the car being overtaken is being lapped ? With retrospect I would say no ? Opinions ?

NA stream is live:

Really sucks to see "your" race live rather than in person.....but AWESOME. Oink I'm
watching live...give'em hell !

And during the NA race I knew you were coming up to lap me when I saw this unlikely colored Oinkmobile...Now I know why its Pink (other that the Play on your call sign) .... It really is striking in the mirror !!!!

Last edited:
Very bad race for me, kept making silly mistake after silly mistake until I dropped to the very last position. The worst part is most of my mistakes were in the very same spot... talk about a slow learner! I did pass Mohit once, though...

Mixed race for me..

Qualified 5th, because put in 2 laps for the combo before quali. Managed to catch up to the leaders, and then had GT6 screw me over. Hit the sand on the last corner on lap 10, lost control, and while wrestling the car got sucked into the pits.

Ended up in last place, and had fun crawling back up to third. Also got forced onto those crappy tires :grumpy:.

For the moment of comedy watch Oink's stream from 32 minutes on. Oink's reaction is priceless, laughing but fighting it because he's feeling bad at the same time :lol:.

:lol: That was a good laugh, I needed that after having to miss the races. 👍 The upside is that I got to watch my son's JV lacrosse team pummel the other team 14-1. Our goalie was pissed it wasn't a shutout. :lol:

:lol: That was a good laugh, I needed that after having to miss the races. 👍 The upside is that I got to watch my son's JV lacrosse team pummel the other team 14-1. Our goalie was pissed it wasn't a shutout. :lol:

Priorities in life. That's awesome though. What position does he play?

Speaking of priorities, that's why I've been skipping NA races too, because of the gym. Injured my neck though so made a last minute sign up to the race.

Midfielder, so offense and defense and a lot of running. :crazy: Last year he was basically a benchwarmer and got about 5min of playing time per game, even though they won every game that season. This season a few of his fellow 9th graders made the Varsity team (👍), which bumps my son up to 2nd string and he plays about a third to a half of the game. :)

Looks like AU/NZ race isn't happening.

I'm thinking of running another Sunday Attack race with this combo, same time as last week's, except that with this weekend's EU switch to Summertime hours, the NA time would push back 1 hour. Also, Hasslemoff informed me that it's Mother's Day for him (UK only?) but not sure how many others would be up for it.

"Like" this post if you think you'd make it to this timeslot:

March 30, 2014

3:30 PM Eastern | 12:30 PM Pacific | 19:30 GMT | World Clock

About 9hrs after the Malaysian F1 race is over. :)

Haha, from 39:00 in the NA stream is funny. That is my best lap of the race, and I was just explaining how I got a .2 in practice but it was never gunna happen again. Well...just watch and you'll see :P

Cheers Paul for your two consecutive victories! Great racing everyone, and I should be able to make it to this Sunday's race

Any tips on tuning these cars?

Hey Paul, you forgot the #pits column in the results (because Mohit) :P

Earlier, forgot to congratulate Paul, Joe and Mohit for their podium. Quite impressive for Mohit, given the circumstances...

Back