GTP WRS-Online : Event 92 : Ardennes Skyline - June 12

Ahh thats unlucky Robert, I know that feeling of being caught off guard when everyone is on a different strategy to you. You just gotta stick to your guns and play your own race, otherwise you will get flustered and make more mistakes. All good experience for next time though, a good race for learning.

Well raced from, the brits, I know a DC from Kreezy (sorry about that and Fastas too) it was a UK 1-4, only Ren seperating me from those guys, so 5 out of the top 6 Brits! WOOP! :D

Yeah these first races I just can't expect too much from myself. Learning a lot and I got holiday coming up so I have more time to prepare by then.👍
You guys had a good race, good job to everyone!

PS. Sorry to those watching the stream, I was running against the ghost the other day, so had my map zoomed in, totally forgot to change for the start of the race. Realised halfway through so enlightened you all to map data during one of my pit stops :lol:

Here are the results from EU race.

7IgDkHd.png

Once again, congratulations to all podiums, and cracking work you fellow Brits ;) You were doing well yourself Fastas before the DC too, what a shame!

That 2:22.2 should be a 21 haha, was pushing so hard on that last stint made a mistake on the last corner :P! Was a good fun race though, not sure what happened in the first stint, car felt weird, couldn't do what I normally was doing.

Anyway decided early on whatever James was going to do I'd do the opposite just for an interesting race :)! I should have pit on Lap 6, but came in on 7 instead, which cost me a bit of time.

So then went 7,13,19,finish worked out quite well a bit of traffic after 2nd pit stop, wish I had fueled up a bit more there (32,32,33), with then doing less on last, but all good, really good fun!!

James I may accidently cut a brake line in the next one ;), nah seriously Well played mate, and good job all racers and as you say Team GB 👍 (If only we were this good at the olympics!)

Well done James and the UK podium crew :P

Commiserations to the DCs; got chucked out of the lobby myself right after saving the replay, so apologies for my brisk exit; had to run to get ready for work straight after that gruelling race.

The tangle with Fastas out of La Source was my fault; stupidly twitched inside after apparently braking too late for La Source ("My, that licence plate is approaching rapidly..."), was about to eat bumper, gave a tap mid corner instead, and got tangled trying to get out of the way just after. We also had a hilarious tandem pit entry :lol: There was a bit of lag between us that wasn't helping matters, and I could see his DC happening in kinda spectacular slow-mo up ahead of me (the shower of sparks and off track down Kemmel weren't good sign)

Apart from one other silly off/save out of Stavelot lettng Caine past, and putting in about 15 litres too much fuel (there goes 10 seconds), didn't have a bad race, but I found it really hard to keep rhythm with the draft and fast wear (made passing unusually hard, and it didn't help that Dan was really solid :sly:), and couldn't nail Eau Rouge or Blanchimont in the race to save my life.

Gunna cancel my entry for tonights race. Was feeling tired in the EU race, and whilst I might still be awake at the time for the race, I'll most certainly not be awake enough for a race.

Sorry guys.

I will be there for the race tonight. Having a tough time figuring this out, but want to race. Spa is always my worst TT as compared to others.

That 2:22.2 should be a 21 haha, was pushing so hard on that last stint made a mistake on the last corner :P! Was a good fun race though, not sure what happened in the first stint, car felt weird, couldn't do what I normally was doing.

Anyway decided early on whatever James was going to do I'd do the opposite just for an interesting race :)! I should have pit on Lap 6, but came in on 7 instead, which cost me a bit of time.

So then went 7,13,19,finish worked out quite well a bit of traffic after 2nd pit stop, wish I had fueled up a bit more there (32,32,33), with then doing less on last, but all good, really good fun!!

James I may accidently cut a brake line in the next one ;), nah seriously Well played mate, and good job all racers and as you say Team GB 👍 (If only we were this good at the olympics!)

Ah so you thats what you were doing.. trying to confuse me.. I couldnt understand how I came out of the first pit stops like 10 seconds behind.. I just presumed you had added little fuel and went for the undercut.

Its all about the strategy in these WRS races. You can gain or lose 20 secs in a race just from strategy and running the fuel to the absolute limit, as I found out by running out last corner :S

Ah so you thats what you were doing.. trying to confuse me.. I couldnt understand how I came out of the first pit stops like 10 seconds behind.. I just presumed you had added little fuel and went for the undercut.

Its all about the strategy in these WRS races. You can gain or lose 20 secs in a race just from strategy and running the fuel to the absolute limit, as I found out by running out last corner :S

Hi Guys

Well for me Defo one to forget !! Firstly after braking way too late into turn 2 and having to let the whole field by before rejoining the track , I have to say i learnt alot about fuel strategy yesterday after running out of fuel @ blachemonte strangely the same place i got DQ'd from the time trial Not sure what that's about ...the god's are mocking me . I've never ran a long race with this sort of fuel/tyre wear and did not realize when refueling what effect this will have , but hey I've learnt from it and will move on .

Well done James again on your stunning victory and a all podium finish for the brits...:)

Thank - you for yet another great Event 3D3 and GTplanet .

Peace

I found it really hard to keep rhythm with the draft and fast wear (made passing unusually hard, and it didn't help that Dan was really solid :sly:)

Yeah I found it difficult to overtake too, I had a terrible jump off the line at the start, got caught in too high a gear, but luckily those behind didn't make a good jump either. I managed to stay out of all the melee on the first lap and came out a few positions up, managed to get up to 5th by lap 4 /5 I think, then got stuck behind you + fastas, just couldn't pass, had to jump off the brakes and send it up the inside + onto the run off at Les Combes a few times to avoid contact, the closing speeds were ridiculous :D Luckily for me you made that mistake, which then allowed me to catch fastas. But was surprised to find JTV + Ghost ahead of me. I managed to get by fastas before he dc'd luckily, then it was just chasing down JTV + Ghost. I caught JTV quite quickly due to his old tires, and thanks again JTV for letting me by 👍 Nearly caught Ghost, but fuel issues for both of us put an end to that fight :D

I lost my internet connection last night; complete blackout for several hours or more. I wish they would notify of maintenance periods.

The race was pretty calamitous too. I forgot to shift my BB on the formation lap and screwed my one stop strategy in the process. That was probably a little too ambitious anyway as I was holding up a few guys trying to keep a steady pace. I didn't expect to qualify so high up the grid.

Then, some laps in, I got swiped by a kamikaze braker in turn 1 which resulted in a dodgy exit which, with damage, sent me veering off to the right and bumping someone in the process.

I went for two stops of 52 litres of fuel, evenly spaced after laps 8 and 16 but, the biggest problem I had all night was lag. It was as through back to Prologue days. I kept seeing cars flying in front of me or along side of me and then disappearing. It was particularly bad with Caine and that spoilt the later stage of the race until I got dc'd.

I was a bit gutted with the disconnection but it was par for the course after an incident filled race.

True :P, but after the first few laps and just not having a feel and being (I think it was about 5.4 seconds) when I realised that this would be hard to claw back, and then dropped another 4 seconds before pitting (I lost 2 on the pit lap so definitely think should have been lap before :(!)

As you say strategy can mean alot but as I had a similar gap back to 3rd I sort of thought, what the heck you never know. I worked out that the fuel difference being in the pit would be about 15 seconds, less fueling time? Realising it was of course then about 10-15 seconds pitstop longer, but then laptimes may play a roll (2/3 seconds off 2 laps in each stint would be closer) I was trying to work that out while still in my dodgy stint, but knew my last laps had to be fast, I think If I'd have fueled slightly differently, it would have been a bit closer maybe 10 seconds, but I think you had this one in the bag after that first stint :D! I did wonder if you may have got worried when you were behind me after the 2nd stop :D!

Too bad oink and I were not in the same race, looks like it would have been a close one. :eek:

Qualifying - 0.033 Difference
Fast Lap - 0.031 Difference
Finish Line - 0.066 difference

Oh wow. I saw the finish time was really close but didn't notice the others.

Back