GTP WRS-Online : Event 98 : Sjaak's Car Has Got Some Clamps - July 24

Gravitron
Mid 50's I think?

Mohit put up a 50.3 if I recall, when he wasn't busy having offs on the final corner. ;)

Cheers ill get some practice in later.

I'm switching to reserve as I don't know if I'll make it.

Edit:
I'll be there.

Last edited:
Not sure I can make it in time for the EU race, but I'll try. I don't mind missing quali and starting from the back.

Just got back... in time to watch the formation lap on Speedy's livestream!

Great race guys.

@Bart - Sorry for the partial block as I came out of the pits, didn't realise it was you, thought it was Paul behind me.

Great race guys.

@Bart - Sorry for the partial block as I came out of the pits, didn't realise it was you, thought it was Paul behind me.

Not at all, not to worry about it. I had no disadvantage whatsoever and you were on fresh tires and extending the gap rapidly. I was on 25+ laps old tires.

Good race guys 👍

Congrats on the win Bart!
Mohit and Ren on the podium.

event98_EUresults_zps913634fb.png

Was hoping to hold my third place with around 10 laps to go but made some mistakes overdoing the tyres. Maybe next time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good race up until dc guys :( Only about 60% signal from the router so gt's not to blame this time.

I struggled for some pace all race. Sorry if I got in the way guys. Congrats Bart

Looks like I'm the only steward signed up for tonight, but I won't make it to the lounge until at least 25min before quali starts, so feel free to open the main lounge, whoever gets there first. Hopefully we can end up with at least 6. 👍

I'd be up for Greg's idea of doing a short huck around Top Gear afterward.

Looks like I am stuck, and won't be able to make it in time.
If I can get back in time, I will try to join late to at least watch.

I'm delayed too, with no good estimate for when I'll be there...I'll be there at some point.

Good fun tonight. I didn't get any practice with this car and track :nervous: (a problem for me if the TT and race aren't the same), so I had some... issues in the final corner:banghead:. Hopefully it wasn't too distracting. I had a good time though. Had I kept it together for a few more laps I think I could have hung with Lucas, Lefty, and Daniel for a bit.

The TGTT was also quite a bit of fun. As Lucas can attest, I might have been rather loose in interpreting the WRS rules :sly:. I imagine I'll be on probation next week :scared:.

Well, that worked out perfectly! 6 showed up and we had great fun! :cheers:

I gave Greg some hell near the start...fearing Mohit's first quali hotlap was going to catch up to
my outlap, I was a bit too close following Greg, and avoiding his draft and checking the map meant
I had nervous hotlaps. Then let Greg by shortly after the start of the race, and tried to battle back
from there, but he didn't make it easy. Lefty, Daniel, and I had a great Blue Car Battle which lasted through
the pitstop, and culminated in a turn 1 where I passed Lefty inside after draft, followed by him stealing
it back coming out of turn 1. Great move, Lefty! 👍 DanielBob had some good pace as well.

Congrats Bart for the win, and glad you made it, we needed ya. :cheers:
Nice work battling him, Mohit, it looked quite close for the majority of the race.

event98_NAresults_zpsb2888978.png

event98_combinedresults_zpsa0268ec1.png

Nice (virtually) racing you today, Ren! :dopey: You got me this time! :lol:

---
The TGTT was also quite a bit of fun. As Lucas can attest, I might have been rather loose in interpreting the WRS rules :sly:. I imagine I'll be on probation next week :scared:.
Nah, Greg, in the the TGTT race you weren't out of line at all. A wide open
track like that, during a fun cool-down race...shenanigans are expected. :lol:
Glad we ran that.

Last edited:
Congrats Bart! Great win!

Good job Lucas on the podium!

Thanks to all for coming out and making the race official.

Glad you guys had an official race. I took a walk with the family and then spent 3 hours shaving a whopping 0.019 off my academy time. :dunce:

At least i got to do this:

I should be in for next week.

Glad you guys had an official race. I took a walk with the family and then spent 3 hours shaving a whopping 0.019 off my academy time. :dunce:

At least i got to do this:

I should be in for next week.

That was hilarious :lol:! It looked like the episode of Top Gear when Jeremy and Richard were in charge of doing stunts for a movie. I guess the new physics model isn't quite perfect.

Nah, Greg, in the the TGTT race you weren't out of line at all. A wide open
track like that, during a fun cool-down race...shenanigans are expected.
Glad we ran that.

I was just kidding.:sly: I was quite obviously cheating! Especially at the hammerhead on the last lap. That was a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll get to grab some pictures from the replay later today.

Some photos from the Suzuka race:

Bart taking the green flag.

This turned out to be a good track for a small field

Me battling it out with the big boys (for a lap or two)

The "Blue Car Battle" takes shape.

I don't think this is the most efficient line through the penultimate turn.

But it is how I spent most of my race

The aliens (Bart and Mohit) battle it out for the lead.

Last edited:
Great seeing those photos. Good job Greg 👍

Thanks, Greg! I've added them to the Race Highlights post. 👍

It's the 5th post in each of our weekly race threads. This post and the Results post before it start off deleted when we release a new thread, and then we undelete them after the race. Voodoo magic!

Gravitron
It's the 5th post in each of our weekly race threads. This post and the Results post before it start off deleted when we release a new thread, and then we undelete them after the race. Voodoo magic!

Cool. Didn't notice that before. I'll post some from the Top Gear Test Track in a bit.

Highlights from the First (?):
:gtplanet:
WRS PARODY RACE :gtpflag:

(Get it?)

What is GTP Parody Racing? This picture pretty much defines it.

Some of us (ahem) took a bit of liberty with the rules like here,

or here.

There were "occasional" spins.

Some decided it was more fun just to watch.

Bart decided he wasn't a big fan of the layout, so he took matters into his own hands.

I found a much quicker way to take the Hammerhead,

but my new found speed was met with vigilante justice.

In the end, I reversed across the line for an impressive 4th place out of five participants in the inaugural WRS Parody race.

Good times :cheers:

(Sorry for the double post, but I wanted the pictures as a separate post)

Back