GTP WRS-Online : Event 98 : Sjaak's Car Has Got Some Clamps - July 24

Nice (virtually) racing you today, Ren! :dopey: You got me this time! :lol:

Haha, nice. I had a horrid first stint (several offs/spins), so I was playing catch-up for the whole race. Between pits and my better (but not mistake-free) second stint - motivated partly by trying to avoid getting lapped by Mohit at one point (he was on a two-stop) - I wound up catching Speedy with 3-4 laps to go, I think; was fortunate in that he went long in turn 1. Certainly made what had been cranky-at-self solo lapping for quite a while suddenly very interesting; really wasn't expecting 3rd.

I was pretty sure I wouldn't have a problem with the track - I really enjoy the esses :sly:

That last corner is a tricky one, though - dirty air bit me there at least once.

Nice pics, Greg 👍

Last edited:
I had a great time w/ the Suzuka mini track and the Test Track free for all. Trying to pull off 50+ laps wo/ a mistake was the biggest challenge. Setting in for an hr. long concentration fest was going to be the toughest challenge. When I used to practice moto I had a little track that I wired and could ride for 2 hrs and never get board so that was the mind set I would use to take on this surprise race. I dove in cold w/ little time to set up my car and felt confident that my adjustments were good enough.

The green flag dropped and the BS stopped, we were under way. The D1z blasted off and I knew Grav was lurking in the rear w/ Bob back there somewhere. Grav finally caught me and I buckled down as I saw him loose it and off track, "whu...." I settled down for another lul and then the pit stop.

Making my best guess as when to pit let alone where, my guess of course was the same as what looked like everyone else who was behind me and my mirror was full all of a sudden "oh Crap" Trying to calc cold the amt. of fuel I elected to short fill and prey that I didn't run out at the end so I could get out quicker.

After WE got out my cushion was gone and my world was busy w/ Bob and Grav, that was the most fun I had in the race working the traffic and not wanting to plow anyone as I tried to escape. I set up Bob for a nose down dive bomb on the inside of turn 1 and pulled it off w/ Grav hot on my heals, as I pulled out from 2 my 6 was being worked so I had to perfect up and buckle down to try to gap "the stalker", my butterflies were going off and I knew it was a matter of time. It was such a great battle and I knew that I would ware out before Grav'z tires would so intimidation was my only weapon.

Grav pulled the same trick I pulled on Bob some laps earlier and I knew it was coming given that I was able to defend that trick several other times but my days were numbed cause buddy Grav don't give up 👍 When the pass came I opened the door and he flew in, I set him up for the pass back on the inside of 2. Sorry Grav buddy :lol: it worked perfectly, and the chase was back on, but w/ all things consistent I knew that he would learn again and he blasted back and took off :) but at least you knew I was there :lol:

Great race, drenched w/ sweat at the end and I again had more fun doing this then any other time doing anything w/ GT5. Thanks guys for letting me enter at the last minute. :)

Last edited:
... and by Al I guess you meant me :P

I had a lot of fun trying to catch up to you, Lefty, but you're a very tough customer! But anyway, your pace was a lot more solid and regular than mine, and I made at least one mistake in the second stint that meant I was out of the running for fourth.

Sorry bro :dunce: your right, I guess I didn't take the time to look at who I was trying to race w/ my bad. Sometimes it's a blurrrr :lol:

Edit: All "Al'z" are now "Bob" :)

Back