GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 119 : M4 Coop - December 18

• Thread starter oink83
  • 154 comments
Did 37 laps of sighting and practice, necessary because Apricot Hill is essentially a new track for me. Was turning consistent 34s and dipped down into the mid to low 33s as I got more comfortable. Is it just me or do you spend a lot of time coasting at partial throttle on this track, particularly in the first sector?

By far one of the most intense races I've taken part in. So much drama. And I can also confirm that the game did indeed save the entire 36+1 laps.

Edit: is this where I say Tree'd?

I fully enjoyed the race, even though my pedals did their best to sabotage my efforts early in the race. Didn't expect the cable to come loose, and next thing I know the brakes had a mind of their own, so I pulled off and corrected the issue and after that I had no problems for the remainder of the race.

Congrats Jon with the win and everybody else for coming out and making this a great race! 👍

#119 M4 Coop EU results.jpg

Full lobby, mics enabled. No DC's and no extreme lag. 👍

Well, GTP goers, thank you for reminding me why Gran Turismo has been my goto racing game for 15 years.

To celebrate it, I shall listen to GT1, 2, 3, 4 and 5's soundtrack ten times over and watch Soul Eater on DVD on christmas day. :D

And Holty and TamHablo tying at the end. :lol:

Well, GTP goers, thank you for reminding me why Gran Turismo has been my goto racing game for 15 years.

To celebrate it, I shall listen to GT1, 2, 3, 4 and 5's soundtrack ten times over and watch Soul Eater on DVD on christmas day. :D

You left the lobby before it was mentioned, but our next Wednesday races won't be until after the New Year. There is an event planned for December 28th and 29th, in the Parity Event thread to check out if you're interested in joining more races.

And Holty and TamHablo tying at the end. :lol:

You left the lobby before it was mentioned, but our next Wednesday races won't be until after the New Year. There is an event planned for December 28th and 29th, in the Parity Event thread to check out if you're interested in joining more races.
Ah, just checked around on the schedule. Yeah, I'm sure I can double down for some Parity Event races.

Good fun, Congratulations on the win Jon !!

My first ever WRS race with cockpitview and I enjoyed every minute of it....

Here are some pictures of the first WRS full grid race in GT6.

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg

Sorry that I have not more pictures, but my game keeps freezing up when I am making them in the replay.....

No one mentioned this but looking at the replay it seems the PSN name issue is fixed.

Wow, Jon, great win, considering Bart, Mohit and Twissy were all there! 👍

I probably won't be there tonight, although I might join pre-race practice for a bit. I really need to get to bed early for once...

I've always been one that puts in too much fuel during a pitstop. This time, I didn't put in enough and ran out of gas on the last turn of the last lap! :lol: Congrats on the win Bart. You were very consistent!

EDIT:
My PS3 froze while taking pics of the race and now it keeps freezing everytime I try to play the replay. 3 attempts and 3 freezes so far...

Just the same that happened to me, three times in a row.... was able to do one each time and on my second it froze.... not taking the risk again untill this is fixed aswell.

Like Twissy mentioned, the RA functions on my TRS500 where there but not useable during the race.... Offline it works fine...

Somehow I managed to not take enough fuel on and ran out just as I was starting lap 38. Otherwise had a fun race, was desperately trying to hold 7th for a while not realizing that the car I was trying to fend off was Bart on the next lap. Eventually got passed by Doodle as well and then the engine went ...

Also ran out of gas. Took 50L; the game advised 72L which seemed high based on what I'd seen on the EU livestream and based on what Mohit said. But I guess my style of entering the big curve at speed and then pulling 3rd to tighten it made for higher consumption.

Also ran out of gas. Took 50L; the game advised 72L which seemed high based on what I'd seen on the EU livestream and based on what Mohit said. But I guess my style of entering the big curve at speed and then pulling 3rd to tighten it made for higher consumption.
:eek:
I was running low 30's and had enough with 48l.

Back