GTP WRS-Online : Special Event III - Spa Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
We went to "summer time" to night in Sweden..

Since I always tend to get this wrong, I will not ask for GMT/CET/PST whatever..
Simply, In how many hours do the lobby open?
In how many hours do the race start?

5 hours 5 mins till lobby open.
6 hours 5 mins till race start.

If I'm right in saying the lobby opens an hour before.

Thought I would share a couple of photos from practice.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_4.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_2.jpg

The following is how not to enter the pits!
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_6.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_7.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_8.jpg

Nice pics Al 👍.

I'm going to attempt to set up a DMZ before the race, so hopefully don't have issues.

Just a couple reminders today. There is only one formation lap for both classes. This is one area where the support races were different. The enduro is "timed" and not a fixed lap so there is no point and letting the GT cars get 1.5 laps ahead.

LMP cars will leave the grid first and get into a staggered formation after turn 1. Pole sitter on right side and alternating all the way back. Target speed is 63 MPH / 100 KPH. GT cars should form up the same way shortly behind. After formation lap and after turn 1 of lap 2 the LMP cars will start at the Total Sign. GT cars should time it so they are starting about when the lead LMP cars are getting to the end of Kemmel Straight. Lead car will accelerate from 63 MPH at the "Total" sign and all other cars should accelerate with the car in front accelerates. There should be no overlap with the car in front of you during the start.

Be careful at the end of Kemmel on lap 1... The draft will bring the entire field pretty close together. It's a marathon today and don't ruin your race or anyone else's on the first turn. If you can't make a clean pass just tuck in behind, let off a little early and make your move later in the lap or on the next run down Kemmel. You've got 60+ laps to get it done.

All cars today regardless of class will take a 5 minute pause in the pits to simulate a driver change. Please reread the following from the OP:

Simulated Driver Change

pitcrew.jpg

There will be one mandated (simulated) driver change during the race which must take place in a specified time window. To simulate the change a driver will pause during a regular pit stop for 5 minutes. The time window is long enough that it will throw some interesting dynamics into the race and it will also allow the participants to take a small break during the race for a stretch, drink or a real life pit stop during this challenging event.

Specifics:
  1. To begin the simulated driver change enter the pits as normal during the driver change window (race clock between 1:00:00 to 1:30:00).
  2. Begin the pit stop as normal allowing AI to take over and then selecting tires and added fuel amount and select OK
  3. After that screen is dismissed hit "Start" which will show the options buttons ("resume", "chat", "options" and "exit").
  4. As long as you see those option buttons you will not be released from your pits. Do not click any buttons including chat or you will be released when you dismiss that screen.
  5. The AI will drive the car into your pit stall and begin your normal pit stop. At this point you should be watching the race timer and the crew member with the release lollipop.
  6. The view will change to in car view and shortly after the flag man will raise the lollipop. At this point your 5 minute wait officially begins.
  7. Note the race clock time (or even easier, your current lap time) and write it down. Then manually add 5 minutes and write down this target time. The target time is when you will be allowed to leave the pit stall.
  8. Take a break, stretch, pat your dog and do whatever else makes you feel refreshed.
  9. After the target time has been reached on the race timer hit start and proceed with the remainder of your race.

You must perform this pause during a pit between 1:00:00 and 1:30:00 on the race clock.

The current lap time is a good one to use for the timer. Yesterday, given my pit stall, the guy would raise the lollipop at about 0:27 seconds. So I would just at 5 minutes to that meaning I could press start and release myself at 5:27 on the current lap time. I think most pits are beyond the start/finish line so it's an easy way to do the math. The exact time will vary depending on your pit location. To be safe round up a second and give yourself a little buffer.

Remember if you make a mistake (leave too early) you can't just pull over on the subsequent lap and stop/ghost. You must return to the pits the very next lap and serve your remaining time. Failure to serve a self-imposed penalty will result in a double time penalty added to your result.

Race Finish & Ceremonies:

The checkered flag waves when the leader first passes the start/finish line after the race timer reads 2:24:00. All drivers will race to the start/finish line to take the checkered at which point their race is over regardless of their lap or class.

At this point the winner should slow, hit start and type "checkered flag". Then take control back of the car and proceed around turn 1 and go very slowly (30 MPH). Once other drivers see this message they should stop racing after they pass the start/finish. Slow down and form up behind the other cars from your class. The winner from the LMP class should take the right side of the road. The winner from GT should driver just next to him on the left. Cars line up behind so there is a two file formation.

If the lead car gets half way down kemmel and all cars haven't formed up behind then slow further. Once all cars are finished and in formation complete the lap in formation at 63mph/100kph. When arriving at the final chicane the podium finishers should pull over near the spa and GT5 logos and remaining drivers should go into the pits. The podium finishers can pose for pictures near the Spa and GT5 logos. The remaining drivers should enter the pits and once in their stall they are free to exit the race.

Podium finishers have a couple minutes to get their photos and then everyone will be asked to exit so we can all save the replay and move on with our lives. :lol: If the podium finishers want additional time they can start a new race, enter track and do whatever they want, but we will need them to exit track so those that need to go can get a replay and exit.

Last edited:
Tim, I know you are busy, but is there going to be a lounge limit for spectating? I sure would like to be able to pick up some learning tips from individual drivers.

Tim, I know you are busy, but is there going to be a lounge limit for spectating? I sure would like to be able to pick up some learning tips from individual drivers.

Lounges will be at 14 so no spectators today. Both rooms will be streamed live:

Room A: Speedy's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/speedy6543
Room B: Wardez's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/wardezgo

Saved replays of both races will be posted and available for study.

Also I haven't recieved any notice of cancellations and Biffy is going to make it 👍 so here is a reminder on the room assignments and starting order:

enduro_lobby_assignments.png

Please insert D1 into your mental image for both Wardez and Ren-Tec. 👍

When on the cool down lap, how will hill the class winners know when all the cars are in formation so that they can speed up to 62/100?

Also as the LMP winner should line up on the right, and GT on the left, do the cars behind them have to be in order?

When on the cool down lap, how will hill the class winners know when all the cars are in formation so that they can speed up to 62/100?

Use the track map and the triangles. If you have the map on "full course" view you should see all the other triangles. Nobody should pass the leader at that point as they will have to pass start/finish line first and their race will be over.

The only issue may be lapped cars not being in proper order. e.g. a car 5 laps down could "finish" before a car 3 laps down. Cars should "reorg" based on finishing order which should be shown in the on track leader board.

Once the race finishes the rest is really formality so I'm not too concerned. As Dennis said, it'll make some good pictures, but it's not going to impact the results.

UPDATE: Got a PM about the race finish. The "checkered flag" is announced via text chat by the winning LMP driver. Once the timer hits 2:24:00 drivers should be aware that this announcement is coming within a couple minutes so they don't miss it. If you do miss it and pass the start/finish line and notice slowed cars on track, that might be a hint. :sly: Take a glance at the race timer and if it's over 2:24:00 you are probably finished. :lol: Regardless, any mistaken passes after start/finish will not be official -- all official results are going by the replay which will tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

Last edited:
All understood. 👍

Note: It's entirely possible that a GT class car crosses the finish line first when the total time hits 2:24.000, right?
If so, are the GT class driver the one who types "Checkered Flag"?
Or are we only going by the first LMP?
It makes perfect sence just going by the LMP, but just want to clear this out. 👍

All understood. 👍

Note: It's entirely possible that a GT class car crosses the finish line first when the total time hits 2:24.000, right?
If so, are the GT class driver the one who types "Checkered Flag"?
Or are we only going by the first LMP?
It makes perfect sence just going by the LMP, but just want to clear this out. 👍

We'll go with the first LMP driver (which will be the overall leader) because he will clearly show himself as #1 on the leader board and there will be no chance of making a mistake and not noticing someone from his class is in front of him.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Note: There is no competition between classes here unlike yesterday where we tried to guess the finish and equalize the classes. I saw a couple final lap/ final turn inter-class battles at the end yesterday, which was kind of fun, but will not be a factor for the enduro today.

Note: This is exactly how the staggered starts should look today for the enduro. Technically the cars could be even closer without having overlap, but for an enduro (which is a marthon and not a spring) I like this spacing.

7014440679_1ea729233f_z.jpg

Last edited:
One and only question: 30 second GT driver change and 60 second LMP driver change is only for the support races and it's 100% a 5min pause for GT and LMP in the enduro??

Cheers Mike.

👍

One and only question: 30 second GT driver change and 60 second LMP driver change is only for the support races and it's 100% a 5min pause for GT and LMP in the enduro??

Cheers Mike.

👍

That's correct.

Edit:
Also, remember that the 'driver change' 5 min pause has to happen between (race clock showing) 1 hour and 1"24'00.000

Yes Ren 5 min "simulated driver change" for both LMP and GT at 1:00:00-1:24:00 race time ;).

Yes Ren 5 min "simulated driver change" for both LMP and GT at 1:00:00-1:24:00 race time ;).

UPDATE/Change: Your pause must start between 1:00:00 - 1:30:00.

I've been doing some last minute calculations and it's possible (although not common) that drivers could have stints longer than 24 minutes. So that nobody is forced just to pit to do the driver change we are going to extend the driver change window to 30 minutes.

As long as the pit that includes your pause starts before 1:30:00 you are good even if the 5 minutes carries you over the time. In the same way, if you are in the pits when the time flips over to 1:00:00 you can do the driver change that stop.

Sorry guys, I have to cancel today. :(

Did so on the reg form, best of luck with the races today all.👍

Sorry guys, I have to cancel today. :(

Did so on the reg form, best of luck with the races today all.👍

Lobby assignments will not change. If we get a 2nd cancel for Room A we'll move one driver up to A.

I'm switching to NAT 1 at this time so won't be able to follow thread as closely. Practice lounges should be open for business and I'll be on PSN if you want to send a message.

Last edited:
I know it's a bit late but can someone accept my FR for 3D3_A? Thought we were racing in 3D3_Racing :ouch:

Will be joining shortly. Need to "set up" - I usually sit on a "chair", however, this will cause my back to disintegrate across 2hrs 24 minutes, so I'm moving heaven and earth to sit on a sofa instead. Hopefully we can have a few practice laps?

Yeah it clashes with Mules Integra race doesnt it.. :(

My game data got corrupted , luckily I have backup from March 20th.
Unluckily I have to re-break in the Z06 , which I fortunatedly have plenty of time to do.

I also got the chance to re-visit over year old gamesave , from January 20th 2011 :D

Do you want a gift Vette, Pekka?

Thanks for the offer , but I've alredy done 51% of the break in at Route X.

It will be complete after about 25 more minutes. :sly:
(Rubberband makes this very easy , doing consistently 238 mph on the straiths. Only steering in the oval part)

Back