GTP WRS-Online : Special Event III - Spa Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
:eek: those are seriously nice shots, Adam! :bowdown:

Early on I got the left rear up on the grass under braking after the S/F line and slid sideways nosing into the wall at La Source; was pretty embarrassing as I think Grav had a front row seat and passed me there after. That was the only damage I took the whole race.
I'm watching the replay now, and I think you're talking about lap 12, where you completely filled La Source with smoke. :lol: But that was Tim (WRP001) behind you, with the following ballsy pass. I was only halfway into lap 11. :( I was a few seconds behind Tim, and the smoke had cleared by then. :)

Last edited:
Nice report Adam, great to hear it was so competitive at the front.
No harm done on the bump. IIRC I was near the end of my tires and you were coming up like the wind so bus stop seemed like as good a place as any to lift-off and let you cut under me. Bart caught me just before blanchemont and I was much more obvious with my intentions that time; else that could have gone very badly. ;)

Too bad the office proxy blocks Flikr so I'll have to catch the photo dump from home.

Really cool shots Adam.👍
I should have quite a few up tonight or tomorrow morning.

I must be just a few seconds ahead as thats Ren Tec chasing me down :scared:. Btw the 2nd chevy is being lapped by Ren Tec as I lapped him 1 or 2 laps before ;).

Thanks for rubbing it in :lol: - To be fair to you, having started one place ahead of me and at one point I think you were behind me - to come back to finish 3rd and LAP me, was a pretty brutal performance. You're clearly a very good racer.

@Tim - I'm sorry for that, in hindsight. As Ren-Tec said, he passed me up Kemmel and to be honest I should not have even been bothered with that, but I was still trying to compete and I did not see you guys steaming up behind until the first car went past, for pretty much the first time in the race I had lost concentration and wasn't checking the map to see what was on it's way - a couple of times Tim wasn't quite sure where I was going (neither was I) in sector 2, particularly on the downhill turns so I should have just got out of the way. I had no clue who was where, position-wise, of course.

Ren-Tec kindly spun round and I unlapped myself at the end of this lap. I'm fairly sure that I binned 30 seconds in the pits over the course of entire race, which would have just about kept me on the lead lap - it was kind of odd where I was at because I only saw Dennis ONCE in the entire race when he lapped me at the 2 hour mark (at least I think that was it) - I barely remember seeing Christophe and having been ahead of Pekka for 10 laps and close-by, after the first pit stop I never saw him again until the end!

I learned quite a bit about my absolute novice-ness when it comes to racing. I took around 5 mins 15 secs in the pits at the driver change, perhaps a little more - I filled the car up with fuel on more pit stops than I care to remember, rather than realising that I could leave it til the driver change. In the first hour I pushed too hard when running out of road resulting in around 6 or 7 accidents - a great learning experience but in a class field I really was a bit of a spare part :embarrassed:uch ::ouch:

Brilliant photos Adam - I'm sure you saw your fill of GT cars to last a life time - I lost count of the times I saw you, you must have passed me about 10 times, with 6 or 7 of those sticking by the end.

I'll get some time later to add to the photo count - got a few already.

I may be whinging and slightly embarassed about not keeping up but I really did have a blast and a massive new experience. I'll gladly participate in races like this in the future 👍

Room B's GT race sounds like a blast! 👍 👍

Last edited:
How do you do that photo collage Marc? It's something I want to do with my contact with AspecBob.

It's actually pretty easy once you know how.
I figured it out by typing "how to create a .gif in photoshop" in the google search bar and watching a couple of vids :sly:
"how do I ........................... in Photoshop" is a common search for me 👍

The first try was this for Speedy's avatar:
3rd.gif

Not a great result (well, not the intended result) and it took ages :lol:
That LMP gif took about 3 minutes to do.

Sorry WRP it was just bad timing as like Paulmac said I was passing millross and chasing Paulmac with everything I had resulting with a half spin out of the bustop chicane lap 57-58 :(

Yes, absolutely just timing. You guys had a right to the track too. I put myself in that position with at least 4 off road adventures and at least 3 incidents with damage to my car starting at lap 3 in the race. :dunce:

All in all though it was a great challenge. I didn't use TCS at all, even though I thought about it to get longer stints, but in the end I decided just to go "Au Natural".

Also I decided after lap 3 the heck with pacing myself I'm going to push this car to my limit every lap and do 8 lap stints. Maybe not the smartest decision in the world, but it was fun to push and push and push for 2.4 hours. In effect 63 back to back attempts at a quali lap and in all of those only 4 went really badly. Not a bad ratio :lol:

Apologies to Speedy who I rear ended during the middle of the race just after Raidillon. He took the inside of the right kink, and I moved over to the left, but I guess you didn't see me or didn't expect me to come up on you so fast, as you wanted to take the outside line after the kink. No harm done though, and no damage either which I was quite shocked about lol.

I really didn't see you coming there Adam. :scared:
Following the race line, all of a sudden I was pushed way beyond my max speed. :lol:
Then I saw GTP_Aderrrm when I looked back and thought, "Crap, I think I just held up the LMP leader" :ouch:
Moving to the right and giving you my brakelights to let you know I was letting you pass.
Good to hear you didn't take any damage.

Those are some very nice pics aswell. 👍

EDK
The only LMP incident I recall happening around me was when Hun came up behind and spun his car going into Les Fanges. I hope that was only a mistake on your part, and that my actions did not contribute. I was doing exactly as I stated above.

It was a mistake on my part. :)

This LiveStats video is "sped up" to capture the entire 2.4 hour race in lounge A in 15 minutes. Haven't done one of these for a while, but can be very useful to analyze your race.

Great writeup, Adam. 👍

WTF? :lol: Never seen this, known glitch?
6872184932_ff5bec0286_z.jpg

Will have a race report up tomorrow, too tired to whip out a wall of text atm (yes I was absolutely shattered this morning :ouch:), I'll make sure to document all my (mis)adventures and add a bit of glitter to precedings. For now, I have to thank all the WRS Admins for such a well-organised event, because that is exactly what it was. All the practices, qualifying really felt like a Le Mans-esque buildup to the race, which we finally got too last night. Everything seemed to run smoothly and you've definitely got many GTP'ers clamouring for the next special event (me included), but for now, take a rest, put your feet up, and revel in a job well done 👍

I'll also congratulate the winners in both classes, nice work guys, especially Dennis and Aderrrm! Especially good to see you pushed hard throughout the race there Adam, not quite the walkover many people were expecting (So with that a big well done to PASM for keeping him on his toes ;) ). Dennis drove brilliantly as well, some excellent tire conservation that really showed the difference between us (look at my tires at the end of my first 9-lap stint :crazy: ), nice work pal! And finally, congrats to all who took part. Truly a great night for the WRS and solidified it's reputation as a hive of clean, respectable racers 👍

And Hydro, I'm pretty sure we touched in the pitlane :sly:

EDIT: And I also saw WRP madly spinning off just behind me on the last lap before the last chicane which was kind of fun to watch in a non-sadistic way (sorry Tim :P), but as a result of that distraction I really had to hammer down on the brakes to make the corner, almost kept on going right into the wall.

Last edited:
Scott, we really appreciate the assistance. My preliminary ruling for GT/B finishing order of EDK, Hasslemoff, MilleRSVR seems to hold up as more evidence comes in so glad we got this straight. It's amazing how everything came together in that few seconds and just a few feet from the start/finish after 2.4 hours. :boggled:

What ever you decide on it was a great race and a great challenge.

My first time posting pictires so hopes this works.
Heres the link for the larger pictures http://imageshack.us/g/4/circuitdespafrancorchamdm.jpg/

The moment I went into the pits which caused the problem and helped Kev to the win.

The moment of my spin trying to stay with kev

Just some random pics I have took of room B

Last edited:
This LiveStats video is "sped up" to capture the entire 2.4 hour race in lounge A in 15 minutes. Haven't done one of these for a while, but can be very useful to analyze your race.

-vid-

That's very useful. Thanks for putting this up! 👍

EDK
Great writeup, Adam. 👍

WTF? :lol: Never seen this, known glitch?
-pic-

Thanks. Yours too. 👍

The first time I think I've I seen is actually from a pic from a support race posted by Gravitron here. I don't think anyone can see the pit crew during the race, only sometimes in a replay. I was taking some pics following one of the LMP cars just after the bus stop and I was like... hang on a minute!!! :lol:

For now, I have to thank all the WRS Admins for such a well-organised event, because that is exactly what it was. All the practices, qualifying really felt like a Le Mans-esque buildup to the race, which we finally got too last night. Everything seemed to run smoothly and you've definitely got many GTP'ers clamouring for the next special event (me included), but for now, take a rest, put your feet up, and revel in a job well done 👍

And finally, congrats to all who took part. Truly a great night for the WRS and solidified it's reputation as a hive of clean, respectable racers 👍
I've said it already but I have to echo what Biffy is saying. The admins were awesome. I can't even imagine the amount of work that went into it and they had some wedges thrown into their plans as the week went on. Great job guys. 👍

The whole week did have a special feel to it. I only had 24 hours to get practice in before I qualified for LMP. I loved the way qualifying was done. It was fun to have the pressure of running 3 laps and that is it, the results determing Lobby placement and where on the grid you were. To me the whole week leading up had a fun festive atmosphere, with a serious race to top it all off. Now that it is over and I've had a little time to soak it all up, I can really say the whole thing is the coolest thing I've done on GT5 and probably in video games. The only thing close was running the 24 Hours of Le Mans A-Spec. I will remember this forever.

And it really is a testament to the WRS and the type of people it attracts. We are a wide range of speed and skill, many of us coming a long way from where we started, but the races went super smoothly. Good hard clean races with very few incidents. I think more people who complain they can't find clean fast racing on the GT5 board need to give the WRS TT and Online Races a try.

Hearing that, Scott, and reading the race reports and Admin-Thanks are so wonderful. 👍 I hope Tim is getting some smiles in, while doing all the post-race stuff. :)

The only thing we were missing was Chuk. And CSLACR. Where are you guys!?

I too had an awesome time on Sunday (Lobby B). The last lap was hard to take being nudged from behind by an LMP and losing control exiting the corner and giving up 4Th place in GT. But, I wouldn't have been there had I not made a couple of pit mistakes, so ultimately it was my fault. I forgot to hit the start button on my 1st attempt at the 5 minute driver change! What an idiot! Had to make an extra stop, I drove like it was qualifying for a few laps and waited till the last minute to pit. (1:29'22) Than on my second to last pit stop I hit X by mistake and took on a whole tank of fuel, good thing there was no mikes because I think I yelled something nasty!

I had some contact with a few LMP's but only the last lap affected me in any way. Scott, I don't recall spinning in Stavelot, I do recall kicking up some sand for a bit! That was due to me not paying attention, no fault of yours. When I did get a chance to run with other Gt's it was clean and alot of fun. For the most part I ran alone and it was so hard to stay focused.

My wife thinks I am officially crazy for being so excited to race with all of you on Sunday! I am so thankful for all of your work and countless hours put into the preparation of such an awesome event! I hope it hasn't discouraged you too much from running another race like this in the future. Kudos 3D3 and to all that helped to make this happen! I can not thank you enough for the experience!

Al

It turned out it was AspecBob that I made contact with, Al. It was light contact but enough to cause him to spin. I'm going to post pics of it later. I tried to pass midway through Stavelot and should have just waited until exit and pass him on the straight.

Yesterday's "main event" was quite an intense finish to an intense week. I felt really drained after the race, and I'm not sure I have fully recovered yet. As I wrote right after the race, I may already be too old for this!

I was quite happy during the first stint to see I could sort of keep up with Al, racingworld and otxtjo. Made an early pass on Al when he made a small mistake (at Les Combes, I think), but he was soon knocking at the door, especially at the entrance to Pouhon on the next couple of laps where I was slowing down more than he was due to my tires wearing out pretty quickly. Racingworld then had an off at Stavelot, so I was in 11th at that time. Al was able to pass me again when I braked too late at the bus stop (which happened quite a few times during the race, I must have hit the wall there at least 5 or 6 times :dunce:). Racingworld had a good pace and I soon fell back into 13th, which was to be my natural spot until the end. I was pitting every 8th lap, starting at the end of lap 9, taking only 16 litres of fuel each time to let the tank empty slowly without having to spend too much time on fuelling towards the end of the race. That strategy got me close to otxjto and racingworld at times after a pit stop, but overall I just could not match their pace.

The funny thing is I started realizing after almost two hours into the race where I was losing time and the spots where I should have worked harder during practice to get better lap times (better late than never, I guess :dunce:). But my driving was eating my tires too quickly, there is still a lot of work for me to do...

Paul (hasslemoff), I think I had a brain cramp when you tried to lap me, I did not make it easy for you because it took me a while to realize we were not in fact battling for a position, sorry about that :dunce: (wow, already a triple dunce post, but it was a long race...).

Scott, about that incident, I don't think it had an impact on my race. Maybe I should have given you more room, but I felt I was dive-bombed a couple of times by LMP cars (but never twice by the same driver), especially at Rivage. It might be due in part to my inexperience with this kind of race, but I expected drivers to wait for a more or less straight part of the track to pass us, or to go around us on the outside of a turn. Looking back at those incidents (including that one at Stavelot) from the point of view of the other driver in the replay, however, I see that it's not always obvious and that the faster driver had indeed gotten to the corner before I did, but nevertheless after I had started my turn-in (or so it felt, anyways, but it's not easy turning and checking what's happening besides you at the same time, but again that might just be due to inexperience on my part). By the way, our incident had an impact on Hun, as he was coming around the turn at race pace when I had just gotten back on track and had to execute an emergency avoidance manoeuvre! I should have been more careful, Hun, sorry about that.

Looking at the final results, I'm glad I did not end up finishing too far from the three guys before me, considering the length of the race.

That Paul/Blair thing for the podium, wow, crazy :crazy: That means that the final ranking depended on the location of Paul's garage in the pits, if I understand correctly!

Now I don't want to name names, but a certain winner from a certain race in which I participated displayed a blatant disregard for protocol by typing "race finished" instead of "checkered flag". I'll leave it to the stewards to decide on the appropriate penalty/punishment :P

Finally, I would like to say thank you to Tim, Marc and Lucas for a great organization and to those who helped them, Speedy and Kevin and maybe others I do not know about. On top of that, you were all great company in the lounges during practices, which is something I can say about many others as well, including but not limited to: Al, Jon, Pekka, Ren, Mohit... and I'm sure I'm forgetting some obvious ones. Thanks also to all those who shared their tunes. I used Pekka's for qualifying and Kevin's for the race. And sjstuart, sorry you had to be the only victim of a DC, hopefully there will be others (I mean races such as this, not DC's!). And I really like what you wrote, by the way, I can relate to it 👍

Lobby B

A few pics from lobby B:

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_8.jpg

The entire field ready to go!
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_9.jpg

LMP field moments before acceleration and the start of the race. It's almost like we planned Blue on one side and Red/yellow/blue on the other.:lol:
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_13.jpg

LMP field through Eau Rouge to Radillion.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_12.jpg

Start looking down Eau Rouge.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_5.jpg

Jon(jtv90069) catching me as I duck into the pits, I took a bad line and had to make a hard turn to the right to get it in. He already made his stop at this point.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps-1.jpg

EDK and mcfizzle through the Bus Stop.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_6.jpg

I exit pits into a GT sandwich between MilleRSVR and Hasslemoff.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_7.jpg

After the pass on MilleRSVR.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_21.jpg

Contact between GTP-mcfizzle and GTP_AspecBob that send Aspec spinning. It was over-agressiveness on my part.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_20.jpg

Another angle.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_11.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_10.jpg

More to come!

I too had an awesome time on Sunday (Lobby B). The last lap was hard to take being nudged from behind by an LMP and losing control exiting the corner and giving up 4Th place in GT. But, I wouldn't have been there had I not made a couple of pit mistakes, so ultimately it was my fault.

That was me who tapped you there, and I apologize for that. It was my fault, and I felt horrible for it. I didn't know I make you lose a position over it, either. :(

Great pics, Scott! Here are a few of mine (a bit more "GT-centric" ;)).

That was me who tapped you there, and I apologize for that. It was my fault, and I felt horrible for it. I didn't know I make you lose a position over it, either. :(

No worries Ty, like I said I should not have been there. I had fourth locked up if I had not made those dumb pit mistakes. Lesson learned, when is the next Enduro race?????:sly:

Al

Great pictures guys.👍

Scott, I like the special effects in some of your shots. It looks like you know a thing or two about shutter speeds, aperture settings and depth of field.

I haven't played around too much with the camera in GT5, pretty impressed with the quality of the shots you guys are taking.

Great pictures guys.👍

Scott, I like the special effects in some of your shots. It looks like you know a thing or two about shutter speeds, aperture settings and depth of field.

I haven't played around too much with the camera in GT5, pretty impressed with the quality of the shots you guys are taking.

Thanks Blair, but I actually know very little when it comes to real photography. I just take pictures that look good to me, no real theory knowledge behind them. I have learned that the longer the shutter speed the more of a sense of speed it will give, the lower the aperture(?) number the more out of focus objects away from the focal point will appear. I like the pictures to show the wheels are spinning, so it looks real, not posed. The panning modes make a huge difference in the way the pics appear, I almost always use 2 or 3, 1 always seems the worst to me and it's the default one. But usually I have to retake the same photo 3-5 times adjusting the settings until it's seems pleasing to me.:lol: The last 2 photos are from the miniature filter, which I like a lot, but they seem a little more subtle than some of the miniature pictures I've seen. I think it's better the further the camera is from the subject.

If any of you like data, you might find this timing sheet interesting. It shows the lap times and pits stops of the 6 LMP/A drivers.

Aderrrm, PASM and DrWatson each pitted 6 times whereas Hydro, Gravitron and I pitted 7 times.

I've been having a bit of fun with the numbers provided by Scott and Jon. I divided the speed from the fastest lap by the average speed. We can see that Kevin's fastest lap was 11% faster than his average lap, while mine was 12.4% faster with everyone else in between:

Code:
[SIZE="3"]EDK ............ 1.110
MilleRSVR ...... 1.111
Hasslemoff ..... 1.112
Racingworld .... 1.115
Allibubba99 .... 1.117
otxjto ......... 1.120
AspecBob ....... 1.124
[/SIZE]

This might be seen as some kind of "consistency index" if you will. Since I already knew I was quite inconsistent, my being at one extreme of this ranking confirms this idea! Ideally, the standard deviation from all of our lap times would be used, but when gathering all the necessary data would be too impractical or tedious, this "index" could give a rough idea.

EDIT: well, it looks like Tim doesn't find it too impractical or tedious :lol:

Both great posts regarding data mining. 👍 2 different ways to get at it.

Tim, don't you have some minions that could be doing that data entry? :ill:
Let me guess, you somehow automated it with your HD capture and some OCR software. Yeah, that sounds like you. :lol:

EDIT: Just realized that your lap table will now help me find my "I'm scared to pass Dennis so I'll just crash off" moment. Umm, lap 27 or 32. Thanks for that. :bowdown:

Ok, after 2 days of rest, and watching the replay, I now have the time (and energy) to post my race report.

Room A.

As most of you know, I was aiming to take part in the GT class from the very beginning, but surcuimstances made me submit an LMP time that seemed to be decent, so decided to go with the LMP instead, cause I had never raced such fast cars in GT5, so I saw it as a great opportunity to try something new. But I have to say that the thought of racing against Adam, PASM, and the rest of the A-room LMP's was kind of frightening to be honest.
But since my LMP quali was deemed (rightfully so) illegal, I had the option of going in to the B race, or quali "from scratch" in for the GT class. It was a simple decition for me since I was aiming for the GT's in the first place.
So, during practice, I had some really good runs, with my best beeing a 2:12.1XX.. So it felt really good prior my quali.
But during warm up prior my quali, I could'nt for my life hit the 12's.. And since I was short on time for the GT quali deadline, I had to get my lap in right there and then. I had just got home from my night shift at work, and was really tired.
So I had no choice but to go straight away.
So I was pretty happy with hitting a 2:12.970 on my first flyer. 👍

A really fun feature was that no quali times was published before the deadline.. It made me really curious, and I even stayed awake until the deadline was reached just to see the times get published in the thread.

So surprisingly, I found myself in pole, which was ofc soemthing I was extremely happy with.

Pre race procedures went flawless, and formationlap as well.
I was supposed to keep a distance to the LMP's so that they should be around the end of Kemmel Straight when I started the GT race, but I was'nt that successful in the timing of that. IIRC, the last LMP was just exiting Eau Rouge when we started, so it was a bit short between the classes, but no harm done really. It was'nt like we'd catch the LMP's at Les Cambes. :lol:

The start went really well for me, cause Biffy (in 3rd) got a good jump on Ren-Tec (2nd) prior Eau Rouge, and both lost time there, with me getting on a safe distance instantly. Biffy had a spin, and Ren-Tec was out of my slip.
I reached Les Combes without any threat from behind which is not usual obviously.
So after the start, I could pretty much focus on my own race.
Ren-Tec was about 2 seconds behind, and it was like that pretty constant for the first 4-5 laps. Then, I started to benefit from my early braking, short shiftis and genle steering wheel input which saved me some tyres. So started to pull away.

So around lap 7-8 I was really struggeling to estimate the number of laps we'd race, and how to plan my pit strategy.
I decided to push it really far, just to be on the safe side.
So my first stint was 11 laps iirc, which felt decent since all drivers pitted before me.
But I was a bit worried that my stint was too long.. Really hard to do the math while racing.. 5 minutes stop, the extra fule and all.. It was simply impossible for me to fighure out how many laps we'd end up at around while driving.
I should defenetly have done this prior the race.. But nooo...
I threw in 12 liters of fuel (the amount that comes "free" with each pit), and went out to track again, and because I stayed out so long, Ren-Tec was ahead of me by now.
He was on 3-4 laps old tyres when I entered track, so I cought up to him pretty fast.
And I was thinking that I should stay behind him instead of passing to save tyres and stretch my 2nd stint in to another 11-12 lap stint. Said and done, so when Ren-Tec pitted a few laps later, my rubber was still in good shape, and I was puling 15's on lap 8-10, which was much better compared to the 16-18's duiring my first stint.

So in to the pits for the 2nd time, and this time I fuled up 25 liters, so sat in the pits for an extra 7ish seconds.
And when I came out from the pits this time around (lap 24), Biffy was the one who was ahead of me, and no sign of Ren-Tec (mistake?). So same procedure as the previous stint, but Biffy to chase down instead of Ren-Tec.
It was pretty much the same story, I cought up to Biffy after a few laps, but this time, I decided to not stay behind for too long, cause in the previous stint, following Ren-Tec, I had come to the decition that even tho I was faster in the end of the stint, I lost time overall.. It was a pretty epic pass in all aspects.
It started prior pohoun, and was complete before stavelot.. And the cool part is that me and Biffy was side to side all the way, racing hard, but still no bumps or dirty driving. Super performance there Biffy. 👍
And because I was on better tyres, I quickly pulled a gap, and just kept on pushing.

At this time of the race, I was starting to get an idea of how many laps it was turing up to take to reach the 2:24h limit.
But decided to stretch this 3rd stint as far as possible, so that I could do shorter stints in the last part of the race after the driver change.
I went in to the pits for the 3rd time, and I fueled up a lot more than I really needed to. Perhaps 25 liters too much. So the stop was really long.
5 minutes plus the actual pit (30 seconds), and also 13 seconds too long due to the insane amount of fuel I decided to put in, so it was almost a 6 minute stop. :scared:

When I came out on track, I was now behind Biffy and to my surprise, Ren-Tec who had arised form the back. Paul also joined the party from a distance at this point iirc.

At this point, I was pretty sure that we'd do 60 laps before the race was complete, so decided to shorten my pit strategy, cause going from 35 to maybee 61 was to push it too far. Since I still had the advantage, I decided to do 3 more stints of 8-9 laps intesd of 2 13-lap stints.
This hurt me a bit, cause the longer stints I was running in the beginning of the race was now costing me time instead of gaining me a stop.
Doing 8-9 lap stints ensured me to keep a good pace at least, and that was as good as it could get at this point.

I chased down Ren-Tec and Biffy, and exactly when I cought them, they dove in to the pits, so at this point we was pretty much at the same strategy again. So from here, the distance down to Biffy who ran in 2nd was pretty constant. Around 20 seconds.
When I went in for my last pit, I was worried again over my fuel level and decided to put in an extra 25 liters for som reason.. :banghead:

But from this point, I knew I had enough fuel, and that my tyres should be in good enough shape not yo jepordize my position.

All in all, a super good and clean race.

Had only one issue over the entire rce, and that was when Gravitron was about to lap me. We was approaching Blanchemont, and that's probably the worst place to catch up to a GT car if you're in an LMP, casue I'm at 250ish kph there, while the LMP's go thru there well over 300 kph.. Huge difference.
So my guess is that I thought that Gravitron should wait until after, but he did not want to loose that amount of time.. So he went for my outside. I noticed that a tad late, but iirc, I managed to leave enough space, but he was ofc scared of my initial move to the outside, so he just went straight out, hich cost him a good amount of time (15ish sec). Sorry for that.

And it was in general tough to plan when and how to let LMP's past. It was my first race in a mixed class where I was in the slower class, so it was defenetly a new experiance to me. A good one ofc.

I had some moments with Adam, but he quick saw my intentions and passed quick. So no problem really.. Just that I was perhaps a tad insecure since as I said, it was my first time.

Cheers

Back