GTP WRS-Online : Special II - Moff's Triple Mix - Sat May 3rd

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 165 comments
Well that was,'eventful' :ouch:

Race one:

Qualifying went really well, I chose the Roadster first and my second lap had me on provisional pole but Tuesday and Gravitron both pipped me on lap 3. I was only .084 off and Rikson was a further .001 behind me. Close stuff!

The race also seemed to be going well, I got the jump on Gravitron straight away (I went at the same line as Tuesday, I hope that doesn't constitute a jump start...) Holding second didn't last too long though as Gravitron got a much better exit from turn 4 and claimed his position back. From there I was running in third with the occasional gap to look for between Gravitron's lines. On lap 7 I made a move into turn 1 holding an even shorter stint in 2nd as Gravitron got back around the inside of turn 2/3 & ourside of 4 with Friday and N0iZe getting in on the action as well.

Coming into turn 5 was where the accident happened. I was on the inside defending from Friday and N0iZe and in the heat of the moment I missed my braking point and understeered into Gravitron, half spinning him. I tried to knock him straight again, a job that Friday finished as he collected Gravitron half way round the turn, losing a place to N0iZe. I was a bit 'in shock' and couldn't tell if Gravitron got away with the pack or if he'd ended up behind me and while driving slow I also got in the way of Don-Mejilone. As it turned out, Grav' was still with the front pack and I fell back to 9th, making up one place before the flag to finish 8th. Though I probably deserve some kind of penalty for the incident. It's the first crash I've caused in quite a while and I'm a bit embarrassed to say the least. Sorry again for my involvement. I'll probably upload a clip of the incident in the morning.

Race 2, I was just off the pace. Qualifying 8th in the CRZ and finishing 10th. I then Qualified 10th for the final race but after aborting the first start, the lobby crashed and I got the 2 beep shutdown. Once I finally got the game loaded back up I could no longer see any friends' lobbies and hence was unable to make the final race.

My night went from Great, to terrible, to mediocre and back to terrible. 'twas fun :odd:

Thanks @hasslemoff :cheers: that was a very nice event (your testing paid off putting this together). The cars were evenly matched and during the race, cars of different makes were passing one another. Each car had a certain part of the track where it excelled. It was a nice touch with the varying times, first night race with humans that I ever ran. @Sjaak, @noize, @mohitraina91 and @Tuesdayblack very nice battles we had. I think one race Sjaak, Tuesday and I were all within one second at the end.

Last edited:
Coming into turn 5 was where the accident happened. I was on the inside defending from Friday and N0iZe and in the heat of the moment I missed my braking point and understeered into Gravitron, half spinning him. I tried to knock him straight again, a job that Friday finished as he collected Gravitron half way round the turn, losing a place to N0iZe. I was a bit 'in shock' and couldn't tell if Gravitron got away with the pack or if he'd ended up behind me and while driving slow I also got in the way of Don-Mejilone. As it turned out, Grav' was still with the front pack and I fell back to 9th, making up one place before the flag to finish 8th. Though I probably deserve some kind of penalty for the incident. It's the first crash I've caused in quite a while and I'm a bit embarrassed to say the least. Sorry again for my involvement. I'll probably upload a clip of the incident in the morning.

Don't worry about the incident, it was a one-time accident, other than that I saw great racing from you. 👍 The fact that you were looking around for me to see if you had to wait negates any penalty that would have been applied.

Results for the early timeslot are ready but we'll wait and post both timeslots together, hopefully sometime on Sunday.

Thanks @hasslemoff :cheers: that was a very nice event (your testing paid off putting this together). The cars were evenly matched and during the race, cars of different makes were passing one another. Each car had a certain part of the track where it excelled. It was a nice touch with the varying times, first night race with humans that I ever ran

Patrick,could not said it better.👍
The event was a blast,shame Hassle could not attend himself but I vote for a Re-Run in the future.:cool:

@Sjaak, @noize, @mohitraina91 and @Tuesdayblack very nice battles we had. I think one race Sjaak, Tuesday and I were all within one second at the end.

Cheers,my arm is still hurting from all the exciting chasing and battles on track in all three races.:D

Pics from the event:

Tay looking in his mirror
Nürburgring GP_D_3.jpg

The pack first race.
Nürburgring GP_D_2.jpg

Nürburgring GP_D_1.jpg

Nürburgring GP_D_23.jpg

Nürburgring GP_D_20.jpg

Nürburgring GP_D_18.jpg

Friday versus BionicDerp
Nürburgring GP_D_17.jpg

Nightpack.
Nürburgring GP_D_16.jpg

Patrick,Noize predators for spot 3,at that moment.
Nürburgring GP_D_15.jpg

Rikson and Gooners,Rally?
Nürburgring GP_D_14.jpg

Gooners,Strop and Don,chasing.
Nürburgring GP_D_12.jpg

The crowd went wild of all the action displaced.
Nürburgring GP_D_11.jpg

Patrick 24 - Sjaak 25
Nürburgring GP_D_9.jpg

Sjaak on the grass.
Nürburgring GP_D_8.jpg

Noize and Friday
Nürburgring GP_D_7.jpg

Don and Strop racing to the last bend before the straight.
Nürburgring GP_D_4.jpg

Tuesday_Black in the first corner.
Nürburgring GP_D_10.jpg

GTP WRS-Online: Special II - Moff's Triple Mix - Race 1 / Qualifying

GTP WRS-Online: Special II - Moff's Triple Mix - Race 1 / Race

GTP WRS-Online: Special II - Moff's Triple Mix - Race 1 / Race (Replay)

GTP WRS-Online: Special II - Moff's Triple Mix - Race 2 / Qualifying

GTP WRS-Online: Special II - Moff's Triple Mix - Race 2 / Race

Last edited:
Wasn't my best set of races last night.
I knew the Lotus was my 'weak point',but turned out I was way offpace with the other cars as well :dunce:
Not well enough prepared,en surely not enough practise.
Spun off with the Lotus,and did some rallying with the Mazda as well (as shown in Sjaak pics :lol:)
But had a couple of close battles with Noize in the CRZ (pitty of the mistake you made,you were pretty fast)
The only thing I could do was follow,no way I could pass you.
Another tight battle with Strop in the Lotus,and me in the CRZ.Extreme close,but no contact,well done 👍
Thanks Hassle for organising this,good job.
:cheers:

Anyone who attended the later race with GTP_PASM have the replay for Race 1? If so, we would like to get the best laps, if you have a few minutes to transcribe them. You can PM them to @PASM and I.

Anyone who attended the later race with GTP_PASM have the replay for Race 1? If so, we would like to get the best laps, if you have a few minutes to transcribe them. You can PM them to @PASM and I.

@Gravitron I have the save for race 1, but whats trancribe actsactly. Shall i .zip it and send it over?

@Gravitron I have the save for race 1, but whats trancribe actsactly. Shall i .zip it and send it over?
If you have time to zip it and send a link that would be great. But if you don't have enough time, if you could just load up the replay, go to "Live Timing" and then fast-forward to the end, and then send me a PM with everyone's best-lap time (far right column). I thought this would take less time than exporting and sending a 50MB file, but whichever you prefer. 👍

GTP WRS-Online: Special II - Moff's Triple Mix - Race 2 / Race (Replay)

GTP WRS-Online: Special II - Moff's Triple Mix - Race 3 / Qualifying

GTP WRS-Online: Special II - Moff's Triple Mix - Race 3 / Race

GTP WRS-Online: Special II - Moff's Triple Mix - Race 3 / Race (Replay)

Last edited:
Congrats @Friday_GTRP and @GTPGhost for the overall wins. :cheers:

As @TayTheDay mentioned, the first race had a little bit of contact that only lost me about 2sec (I was in the Lotus). I then spent a good number of laps chasing Daniel @n0iZe83 while at the same time fending off @Friday_GTRP. Eventually I decided to just get behind Friday to try to maximize the overall time and stop the battling.

2nd race (in the Honda) went OK, I almost had @Sjaak pass me but thankfully was able to pull away. AWESOME PICS @Sjaak! :cheers:

3rd race was the best for me (in the Mazda). Mohit went off at some point and I didn't even notice, was so focused on Friday in the Lotus. We both did a bunch of low 1'38's and ended up less than 1sec apart at the end, awesome race!

Results:

triple_mix_A_race1.PNG

triple_mix_A_race2.PNG

triple_mix_A_race3.PNG

triple_mix_A_overall.PNG

triple_mix_B_race1.PNG

triple_mix_B_race2.PNG

triple_mix_B_race3.PNG

triple_mix_B_overall.PNG

This event was great, had tons of fun racing with you guys 👍
I would like to thank @hasslemoff, @Gravitron for hosting and the whole admin crew for making this event possible.

I had some awesome battles with @Rikson , @Sjaak , @patrick19602005 and a few more.
Intense and fair racing all the way.

Congratulations to @Friday_GTRP and GTP_Ghostdriver for the overall win.

I was really happy with my 1st and 3rd race, especially with the Lotus, where I did better than expected.
Only downside was the 2nd race, had no pace with the Honda, wasn't even able to get under 1'40 and lost a lot
of time.
This was the perfect event to get back racing in the WRS and I hope that I can partecipate more in the future.

See you guys on track.

Back