GTP WRS-Online : Special V - World Tour - June 2 & 9

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 382 comments

Which times for stop 2 can you make? (select all that work)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will have full post race details up later tonight guys.
Great races in Room B, and I'm guessing Room A as well 👍

I think Scott and I went side by side for an entire lap at Nurburgring :crazy: - Then I spun all on my own :(

Last edited:
Great racing in Room B today everyone. Lots of fun.

Have to say sorry to jb and especially Jammy for contact at the Nurburgring chicane :guilty: Still learning the ropes.
DDiamond: hope you make it out more, we can be the HRT of 3D3 :) These guys here are quick!

Thanks to those who organized 👍

Have to say sorry to jb and especially Jammy for contact at the Nurburgring chicane :guilty: Still learning the ropes.
DDiamond: hope you make it out more, we can be the HRT of 3D3 :) These guys here are quick!

For sure, For sure! 👍 Jayoh!

Preliminary results are in:
Congrats to all the podium finishers and to James for taking a solid lead into Round 2 :cheers:

stop1_res.png

NrburgringGP_D_3.jpg
RoadCourse-Indy_2.jpg

Details to follow... I need to sleep :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great day of racing guys! :cheers: Congrats James on the back-to-back wins!

Race #1: Started 3rd, but was quickly overtaken due to slow reactions on the rolling start, and then was last place due to one of my typical lap 1 grass excursions. :dunce: Started fighting my way back, and eventually was in 4th behind Mohit. He and I had a 8(?) lap battle that was even better than the NASCAR battle that he and I always reminisce about. 👍 A bump through the chicane on the final lap was our only contact, I think. Nice job staying consistent. :cheers:

Race #2: This one's kind of a blur, compared to the first race, but had some good battles with Litchi, Wes (who seemed to be toying with me:lol:), and was hoping for some last lap action with Kev, but he didn't let me catch up. 👍 Mohit passed me early and zoomed off to take 2nd. :cheers:

All in all, I saw some very clean and competitive driving out there today, and was really happy to take part. Bring on next weekend!

Looks like race 2 was a lot of fun, great job everyone. Big 👍 to the wife for letting me do one race even though I made her a little late to a party being thrown for her. I'm really bummed I couldn't stay for race 2 but I was lucky she even let me finish race 1 as late as it was.

Race 1 went really well, Marc and I had a great battle going through 8 laps, until he made a mistake and spun. We swapped the lead 4-5 times, a few time we pulled a Dale Earnhardt pass entering a corner then repass exiting. Behind us it looked like there was some close racing going on, I can't wait to watch some of it on the replay. Good luck to everyone at Stop 2, I wish I could be there.

Had some good battles early with Litchi... He got one heck of a start in that first race going from 5th to 1st in the first straight. :crazy: I'm pretty sure there was something a little odd about that start. :sly:

I finally got by Litchi for third with the two speedsters (Wes & James) off the the distance once they got by Litchi. Then Kevin appeared in my mirror before the pit. The 2nd stint I was pretty quick on fresh tires and rattle off a 1'32 and several low 1'33 before my terrible tire management came into play again. Kevin had DC'd and gooners and Lucas were a few seconds back fighting it out. Around lap 18-19 the wheels literally came off. I spun from third and came back on track in 5th and never really recovered from that. I lost ground the rest of the race and was lucky to finish 5th.

The 2nd race I was just not "on it" or "in it" and decided on a two pit strategy after a few laps just so I could stay out of the way. I was a moving chicane and felt like a pin ball at times because i had so little car control... I made more contact in 5 laps then I've made in the last 5 months... although luckily none of it led to anyone going off I decided it was best to be away from traffic. Just glad to bring it home in one piece and get a good nap.

Hoping for a better showing next week... still fun to race with you guys. I'll put up a better fight next weekend.

Here are the individual race results from room A:

nurbA_results.jpg

indyA_results.jpg

Last edited:
My sincere apologies for not being there guys.
The plan of doing a nap from 21:30 'till 22:30, having another hour for warm up and race at 23:30 failed.
Next thing I know, I wake up in the middle of the night at 02:20. 👎:yuck:

Sorry again for causing any trouble.

Note: I made a slight adjustment to the points... Since Scott didn't start the 2nd race there was one less point to go around according to the published formula.

Here's the timing results from Room B:

Race 1 - Audi R8 5.2 @ Nurburgring GP/D - Race Time (- Formation Lap): 38:31.476
Nur.jpg

Race 2 - Ford GT @ Indy Road Course - Race Time (- Formation Lap): 39:45.732
IRC.jpg

Last edited:

Jayoh: No hard feelings. Everything is ok. Race incident happens.

I just watch the replay of 2nd race (Indy/Ford). I made late breaking on the 4th lap in first corner and try not to hit AspecBob rear so i drove to grass. Then try to get back to track but lost my control of the car and i was sideways straight to the front of Hasslemoff. His had no way to go and hit my car's right front. I likely stayed on the track (right tire punctured) but Hasslemoff was thrown deep/long into sand. My humble apologies to Hasslemoff for ruined your race :nervous:

Otherwise great races. A lot of fun.

no worries jayoh .. had a good time! :)

Anyone steawards available now round 2 hours (19.00 -21.00GMT) to observe my quali of Lexus @ Fuji?

***QUALI IN PROGRESS***

Please don't enter the main lounge untill the post is updated. 👍

UPDATE: Quali done. Good run Joel. 👍

Last edited:
I just watch the replay of 2nd race (Indy/Ford). I made late breaking on the 4th lap in first corner and try not to hit AspecBob rear so i drove to grass. Then try to get back to track but lost my control of the car and i was sideways straight to the front of Hasslemoff. His had no way to go and hit my car's right front. I likely stayed on the track (right tire punctured) but Hasslemoff was thrown deep/long into sand. My humble apologies to Hasslemoff for ruined your race :nervous:

Otherwise great races. A lot of fun.

No problems, thanks for the apologie 👍.
I still enjoyed the race, after the bump I tried to run the full race with out a pit stop but only made it till lap 18 till the car got to slippy.

First time I drove the Ford in GT5 and what a great car to use great choice 👍

First time I drove the Ford in GT5 and what a great car to use great choice 👍

I've driven that car a TON - all time fave, but I've never raced it online. Wow is it amazing - even in stock form.
Great choice is right 👍
👍 x 10 to both Mohit and Jon for that one :D

I tried to run the full race with out a pit stop but only made it till lap 18 till the car got to slippy.

That explains why I was able to pass you after my pit stop! By the way, you had good reflexes when it happened, because I was going to hit you for sure at turn 1 because I had misjudged my braking point. Thanks for avoiding the accident that would have been my own fault!

I've driven that car a TON - all time fave, but I've never raced it online. Wow is it amazing - even in stock form.
Great choice is right 👍
👍 x 10 to both Mohit and Jon for that one :D

We are all entitled to our own opinion I guess. :sly:

I did love the Audi, but I'm not a big fan of American cars... go figure. I owned one in my real life... a mustang... it will be the last.

hi ... is anyone available to quali me for lexus-fuji and italia-monza?

im in all day :)

I can't do it, as I'm at work, but I'm hoping that one of the stewards will be available around the start of EU practice time, in about 2hrs from now. 👍

I can't do it, as I'm at work, but I'm hoping that one of the stewards will be available around the start of EU practice time, in about 2hrs from now. 👍

no probs grav, il be joining practice tonight anyway 👍

I'm really bogged down at work at the moment. Today and tomorrow I have zero time for GT5... maybe the rest of the week. :scared:

Good luck this weekend, I wish I could be there but then again I won't complain about my destination.;)

Opening lounge up for some Fuji/Monza practice.

If you want to qualify, just join the lounge.

Good luck this weekend, I wish I could be there but then again I won't complain about my destination.;)

Will miss out on racing against you, but have a nice Eurotrip 👍.

I'm thinking I'll need to quali tonight, as I'm not sure I'll be available Fri night. Probably around 10pm PT.

Main lounge is closed for qualifying.

Do not enter till I update this message

EDIT: Lounge has been reopened. Nice run Litchi 👍.

Last edited:
Back