GTP WRS-Online : Special V - World Tour - June 2 & 9

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 382 comments

Which times for stop 2 can you make? (select all that work)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just signed in and was able to join the lobby so It's open for pre-race practice 👍

I'll leave the lobby setup for Monza for the next 30 minutes or so, then we can switch back to Fuji for the last 40 minutes of warm up.
We will meet / practice in 3D3 Main lobby then decide if we need to use a mic disabled lobby depending on the final number of drivers.

They probably knew we have a race in a little over an hour.... Our WRS admins had a word with SONY :)
I don't know if we matter that much to Sony, but I did bypass the swear filter in the WRS Online admin section several times to get my point of being very, very unhappy across. :P

For any last minute drivers joining:
We are in room 3D3 A - mics disabled as we have 14 drivers already 👍

I'm parked in the pits. I'm sorry guys. But with my new work, i have not a lot of time for practice etc and i think i begin to lose all my skills. It's a shame cause combos are really cool. But i'm not motivated :(. I suck. Sorry again guys :(

Apologies to Christophe are in order. Didn't realize I'd drifted across for contact; found it checking the replay.

After today, considering looking for a new new hobby. Was just a liability out there.

Great race today guys, had a lot of fun. Thank you all for coming out and making this event a really good time.

Thanks to the admins for organizing the event 👍.

Results from today's races:

Fuji:
Fujiresults.png

Monza:
Monzaresults.png

Just going over the final results, and will post them as soon as they are confirmed 👍

Congrats to Mohit and Gary for their respective wins :cheers:
Great day of racing everyone :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Here's an interesting few pics:
Racing up the straight chasing Lucas (red) and Frank (yellow) I had a shot at passing Frank, but it didn't quite work out.

I got up right on his bumper, than backed off a bit for the brake zone. I was ready to brake as late as possible just in case he was braking a bit early which colud have opened a very small passing area had I timed it just right.
But Frank moved right (I assume to see the corner better, and avoid that brutal tire on the grass spin that always catches someone at Monza) and then braked, and I was not at all ready for that to happen so quickly.
Using the reactions of the Flash, I 'braked and avoided' - cliched driving school term - sending my car completely out of control and into the wall.
Lucas must have been quite surprised when I just sailed by - backwards :lol:
Then, to my luck, I re-joined right behind Jon (silver) like it never happened.
Autodromo-Nazionale-Monza.gif

Phew! :D
Thankfully I only hurt myself....and Frank squeezed by a rightfully shocked Lucas!

Thanks Marc and Tim for getting these results created, and the awesome hosting duties today. :cheers:

Congrats Mohit on the overall win, and the win in race 1 today. 👍 Very consistent driving.

Round2results.png

overallresults.png

Had to leave quickly after the races, but tried to apologize quickly in the lounge for all the bumps I'd given people in that 2nd race. :ouch: There must have been 8-10 unnecessary bumps from behind or the side (can remember JTV, Litchi, Frank, Mohit, ???). Anyway, bad moves from me, and I'm hoping it didn't actually ruin anyone's race.

Hydro
Lucas must have been quite surprised when I just sailed by - backwards :lol:

:lol: I was very surprised and was convinced it was lag-related due to the speed and jerky nature with which you sailed by, but nice job recovering a making a run at first place! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: I was very surprised and was convinced it was lag-related due to the speed and jerky nature with which you sailed by, but nice job recovering a making a run at first place! :eek:

I never said it wasn't lag related, Brain lag counts right? :dunce:
In the end it was just lucky that basically no one was Really impacted by it except me. That was some steady nerves Frank 👍, especially when you passed Lucas to top it off :P
I had a good laugh when I watched the replay because I didn't realize we had contact there Frank. Especially after you wound up ahead of Lucas, with everyone on track. I really thought I pulled off the avoidance move and luckily hit no one.
After watching that I would have expected your response to my asking if we had contact in the race to be more like "you're kidding, right???" :lol:
I couldn't even remember how I got back on track so fast. That was just crazy. Crazy lucky.

Those were great events Guys, I loved the no tuning aspect of the events, and of course the track / car combos.
That Ferrari actually made Monza fun :D and I rarely say that about Monza...ever :lol:

Congrats Mohit for the overall win :cheers:
And to Lucas for 2nd too. 1 point :mad: Lucas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 point.... And I lost both races by a combined .307!!!!!! Ouch

Apologies to Christophe are in order. Didn't realize I'd drifted across for contact; found it checking the replay.

It's ok Ren. These things can happen.
It was very small contact actually, unfortunatly with disastrous consequences.

I was just so frustrated to go from 2nd-3rd to last on a combo where I just had set the fastest lap in the warmup and really wanted that win...

My super short race reports:

Fuji

Started 3rd on the grid, and lost a position to Tim in turn 1 because I was waay too cautious in braking for turn 1. From then it was a train of 5 cars with Marc, Lucas, Tim, me, and then Will. Soon Will got left behind, and the top 4 ran within a couple of seconds. A couple of small mistakes from Lucas and Marc, and with me passing Tim on turn 1, put me in charge of the train :dopey:.
Then the pitstop window came up. I pit on lap 11/25 (early I know, but I wanted to undercut the undercutters :sly:). After the round of pit stops I had a healthy lead of 8 seconds, with Lucas and Marc fighting for 2nd. I felt very comfortable and started relaxing. Before I knew it my tires were in terrible shape at lap 20, with Marc just 5 seconds behind me.
The next 5 laps were hell, he was cutting 3-4 tenths off my lead every sector, and I knew I didn't have the tires to fight him. I started the last lap with a lead of 1.3 seconds. Saw him gaining on me every corner, and he was on my tail on the exit of the corner! It was a drag race to the finish, with him using my draft to gain on me. I made my allowed one move on the straight to momentarily break the draft, but he followed. In the end that move was enough as I managed to cross the line ahead by just 0.095s!

Monza

Starting at the back of the grid felt really weird for this one. Had a good start, gained 2-3 places in the first couple laps, and was going strong.
Then Disaster!!! Under hard breaking for turn 1, the car wobbled a bit, put a wheel on the grass, grazed Marc (sorry!), and ended up face first into the wall on the inside of the chicane. I tried to recover quickly and hit Al (sorry!). Let off the gas to let him by, and Jammy sneaked by too, putting me in last place again :indiff:, 20 seconds behind leader. From then on it was just damage limitation, with my mindset being to just pick up as many points as possible.
Ran a strong steady race, mostly alone. Pitting on lap 11/25 again, coupled with mistakes from other drivers, allowed me to rejoin in 4th place! Funny how things turned around so quickly. I quickly set about to catch up the leaders, but Gary was to far and steady for me to catch. Set my sights for 2nd and keep putting in those consistent laps. Get up to second by passing Lucas and Will, and suddenly Marc was right behind me again. He passes me on the S/F straight, and sets about catching Gary. I tried keeping up but my tires were gone. I cemented my 3rd position by pulling out a lead over the guys behind, but could just helplessly watch on the map as Marc caught Gary every lap.
The last two laps I swear I was just watching the map, hoping Gary would win, as a win for Marc would give him the Gold medal. I see them drag racing to the checkered flag, not knowing which triangle is for whom (I race with the drivers list off). As soon as Winner: Cpt_D popped up on my screen, I let out a good laugh of relief, bringing the car home in 3rd to win by a point.

This was a really fun event and thanks to all for coming out! Thanks to Jon for sharing his idea, and the 3D3 admins for letting us run with the idea. I think the event was a success :).
Also CANNOT wait for what special event is in store. They've all been epic!

Last edited:
My extremely super short race reports:

Fuji

Good start. Terrible on tires [as always]. Messed up pit entry with garbage tires and spun sideways into wall at pit entrance and lost 5 seconds. Never caught back to leaders although I matched their pace the entire 2nd stint. Every single lap I saw Lucas and Marc at the same spots ahead and just unreachable.

Monza

Ouch! I'm just not in it for two races in a row at this point. Both stops of the world tour I fell apart [rather blew apart] in the 2nd leg. I just don't have it in me at the moment to hold it together beyond a single event [if that long]. I stuck it out for Indy and finished the laps, but at Monza I couldn't manage and just parked after about 6-8 laps and almost as many incidents as laps. This is one of my favorite tracks so obviously something not expected.

Summer vacation coming soon... but not too soon. ahhhh! 👍

That was some steady nerves Frank 👍, especially when you passed Lucas to top it off :P
I had a good laugh when I watched the replay because I didn't realize we had contact there Frank. Especially after you wound up ahead of Lucas, with everyone on track. I really thought I pulled off the avoidance move and luckily hit no one.
After watching that I would have expected your response to my asking if we had contact in the race to be more like "you're kidding, right???"

No problem, all race incidents in my opinion, infact if you see in the replay what happened there we have to be glad we did not end up all three in the barriers. I had quite a good start tough, I knew I would not be able to keep off Speedy but tought a 5th or 6th place would have been possible. My only mistake and spin (and not finding my reverse) made sure I had to get in line at the last spot. Lots of fun tough, happy I still joined for the last two rounds of the World tour.

Great job guys 👍

What a great concept Gooners and JTV! I had a great time on Saturday, sorry I missed the first stop. Here are a captured moments of the Fuji race. Monza to follow soon!

Al

FujiSpeedwayGT_20.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_19.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_17.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_15.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_13.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_11.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_9.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_7b.jpg

3 wide into turn #1!
FujiSpeedwayGT_6.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_4.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_2.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_1.jpg

Sounds like fun, 👍 to Hydro for 3rd place overall and racing room B for stop 1 and 2. Congrats to Mohit for the win and Lucas for second.

A day late and (hopefully not) a dollar short;

Here's some memories from World Tour Stop 1 / Race 2 - Indy Road / Room B:

3D3SE05_2_01.jpg

3D3SE05_2_02.jpg

3D3SE05_2_03.jpg

3D3SE05_2_04.jpg

3D3SE05_2_05.jpg

3D3SE05_2_06.jpg

3D3SE05_2_07.jpg

3D3SE05_2_08.jpg

3D3SE05_2_09.jpg

3D3SE05_2_10.jpg