GTP WRS-Online : Special X - (Al)berto's Monza Adventure - Dec 2

Remember the game will take your fuel consumption on the formation lap in to consideration as well when it is working out your recommended fuel load. :D

Thanks for the tip Adam, I didn't think of that. It seems too that the drivers with less time in draft were affected more as well.
For the 31 lap race a lot of drivers were caught off guard and only took the recommended amount, but in the full 2.4 hr race it shouldn't be as big a concern as the recommended amount will be off due to the extra laps on the board that we won't be running.
Basically, if you run out during the enduro, you can't blame the computer :sly:

Another tip... Listen to your race directors. Jon told all of you the same thing happened to him the prior race and I repeated it. Lesson: ignore me at your peril. :lol: :lol: (insert gooners in background going mu ha ha ha).

It was extreme for Ferrari class because you guys did 2 formation laps. I put an extra 3 liters in myself even though that cost me 1.8 secs (21 vs 18), if you can get extra without costing yourself any time (<15 laps) it's basically free insurance. No matter the race I would always add 5 extra in the scenario.

Now if only Wes had run out of fuel I would have won.

Today, you are on your own for fuel and can't blame the system. We are setting the length to 85 laps and we won't quite get there in 2.4 hours. Of course if you listen tithe system you won't run out (mu ha ha ha).

Ps. Wind gusts 40-60 today... Please let the power stay on and the trees stay up right. If I hear a crack and a low mu ha ha ha with three laps to go I'm running for cover.

Pps. *** Don't forget Race is in my lounge today without Mics. ***

Actually I said Kev ran out of fuel and that I was very close to it as well :D

I got my pits and fueltakes all figured out since the 2.4hours practice.
Doing only ~55min threw me off a bit and I figured to just go with the recommended amount. Plus, I pushed 'OK' a bit too early as I saw the 1L. :dunce:

Actually I said Kev ran out of fuel and that I was very close to it as well :D

I guess I didn't listen close enough. :lol:

Kevin running out of fuel is to be expected though... Right? It's a tradition.

Still trying to figure out where we got our math wrong on the Zonda/Ferrari splits yesterday. I guess we under estimated the speed of the Zonda? Figured there would be more slowdown for Ferrari traffic, but there was only 1 or 2 laps where it cost me more than a few tenths. The first race we clearly didn't give a big enough gap and the second race there weren't many ferraris To pass so it was mostly clear track.

I guess I didn't listen close enough. :lol:

Kevin running out of fuel is to be expected though... Right? It's a tradition.

It's funny, I ran out just after the last chicane on the last lap in the Spa Enduro. And then my infamous Nurburgring blunder. I still need to build a race plan for today, I will be sure and have that piece sorted out! :lol:

Did anyone try my tune, or is it too late in the game to change? I'm just curious how much different it is from what people are already using, it seemed like I had a little bit more control and launch in the lower speed stuff, particularly the first chicane and the Lesmos. It also seemed like I could get on the gas sooner at Parbolica, I would put that down to tuning out most of the understeer.

EDK
It's funny, I ran out just after the last chicane on the last lap in the Spa Enduro. And then my infamous Nurburgring blunder. I still need to build a race plan for today, I will be sure and have that piece sorted out! :lol:

Did anyone try my tune, or is it too late in the game to change? I'm just curious how much different it is from what people are already using, it seemed like I had a little bit more control and launch in the lower speed stuff, particularly the first chicane and the Lesmos. It also seemed like I could get on the gas sooner at Parbolica, I would put that down to tuning out most of the understeer.

I haven't tried your tune but when I was doing mine I tried extreme versions of the springs like you have and it does take out the understeery really well but I couldn't get a consistent run through ascari probably because I could turn in at higher speed I guess, so I just went to a slight change from default as it felt better through there

I haven't tried your tune but when I was doing mine I tried extreme versions of the springs like you have and it does take out the understeery really well but I couldn't get a consistent run through ascari probably because I could turn in at higher speed I guess, so I just went to a slight change from default as it felt better through there

Gotcha. My issue at Ascari is just not enough time on this track to have figured it out. It's probably the trickiest set of corners here. Monza admittedly has a very simple layout, but braking points are critical, and the importance of nailing your corner speed is magnified. I find myself a little tentative going in there, I'm not attacking it.

As we learned yesterday, it's tough to manage in the draft, and I also found the need to increase my braking distances for worn tires, especially toward the end of the first stint while still heavier with fuel.

Automated registration changes for the event are now closed. If you want to change your status please post here and an admin will manually update.

We currently have 17 confirmed which leaves Marc (GTP_Hydro) as the first alternate based on qualification. Paul (GTP_hasslemoff) has voluntarily changed his status to reserve to make room (status = flex) and he will be the 2nd alternate if two drivers cancel or do not show up on time. Any spots after that are first come first serve for those already on the reserve list.

Since we are going to have a full grid we'll be using my lounge (GTP_WRP001) with mics-disabled. I'll post here when it's open for pre-race practice about an hour before the race. Reserves can join my lounge early to warm up, but will be asked to move to the 3D3 lounge once we have 15 drivers in the lounge. Or just proceed directly to the main 3D3 lounge and we'll post to the thread to call you in if a spot opens.

All drivers are required to be in the lounge by 5 minutes prior to the hour. If you aren't there we will give away your spot to the next in line. We expect with a completely full room that there might be connection issues and we aren't going to accept anyone being late and delaying things further when there are guys ready to go on reserve.

As far as race procedure today is pretty simple and follows previous enduros. Both classed do only one formation lap. Zonda cars will leave the grid first and form up in normal staggered formation with the pole sitter picking their preferred side. They will proceed with the lap as normal and start at the line. Ferrari will form up after and allow a slight gap and start also after one formation lap. Ferrari should leave enough gap so that the Zonda class has cleared the first chicane and partly down the straight before hitting the start/finish line. That way if there are any incidents in the Zonda field the Ferraris don't get mixed up in it. Normal formation lap speed of 100 kph / 62 mph will be observed.

All drivers are required to do a 5 minute pit pause between 1 and 1.5 hours. Remember there is a pit road entry speed limit enforced by the game.

The race will end when the lead zonda first passes the line after the 2.4 hour (2:24:00) mark on the clock at which point he will pause and type "Checkered". Everyone else will race to the start/finish and then form up behind the leader.

Since we are going mic-disabled now is the best time to ask any questions.

Good luck.

All drivers are required to be in the lounge by 5 minutes prior to the hour. If you aren't there we will give away your spot to the next in line. We expect with a completely full room that there might be connection issues and we aren't going to accept anyone being late and delaying things further when there are guys ready to go on reserve.

As far as race procedure today is pretty simple and follows previous enduros. Both classed do only one formation lap. Zonda cars will leave the grid first and form up in normal staggered formation with the pole sitter picking their preferred side. They will proceed with the lap as normal and start at the line. Ferrari will form up after and allow a slight gap and start also after one formation lap. Ferrari should leave enough gap so that the Zonda class has cleared the first chicane and partly down the straight before hitting the start/finish line. That way if there are any incidents in the Zonda field the Ferraris don't get mixed up in it. Normal formation lap speed of 100 kph / 62 mph will be observed.

All drivers are required to do a 5 minute pit pause between 1 and 1.5 hours. Remember there is a pit road entry speed limit enforced by the game.

I would add that unless you are otherwise occupied, the sooner you can show up the better. Even if you don't plan to practice before the race, if you can at least make your way in 30 minutes or so prior to the race, it's only going to make things flow more smoothly. That way, if we have loading/invisible driver issues, we have time to fix it, and we don't have to delay the race start because someone did not have the courtesy to show up a little early.

And there are not going to be any incidents at the start, right? I'm starting all the way at the back, so at least I know I won't get punted like I did in the Le Mans Enduro. But I can't say it enough times - You are not going to win the race in the first chicane, make your goal getting through cleanly, not gaining an advantage or positions. With the draft and long braking zones, passing is not difficult here. This is not F1, and it's a 2.4 hour race, just make an even start.

Lastly, do you know what the pit limit speed is? I wondered about that yesterday, and I don't think I got a penalty, but it would be nice to know the speed I'm aiming for.

I have done testing, the limit is somewhere around 200KPH or 125MPH so my target entry speed is 190KPH or 118MPH.

Al

In the Zonda yesterday and Friday, I always crossed the final pit lane white line below 120MPH, and never got a penalty. Basically, just start lightly braking as you enter the pit lane.

In the Zonda yesterday and Friday, I always crossed the final pit lane white line below 120MPH, and never got a penalty. Basically, just start lightly braking as you enter the pit lane.

Thanks. :dunce:

EDK
Gotcha. My issue at Ascari is just not enough time on this track to have figured it out. It's probably the trickiest set of corners here. Monza admittedly has a very simple layout, but braking points are critical, and the importance of nailing your corner speed is magnified. I find myself a little tentative going in there, I'm not attacking it.

As we learned yesterday, it's tough to manage in the draft, and I also found the need to increase my braking distances for worn tires, especially toward the end of the first stint while still heavier with fuel.

I know I was drafting behind you and braked well before the first marker thought I braked early but went clean off the track to the wall, did PD do something to make braking worse when your in the draft, some loss of downforce braking cause later I would come off the draft before braking and I'd be fine

Hoi kev i have a little question. What BB did you use whit your tune?

Sorry about missing that. Brake Balance is 1/3. I had 1/4 at one point, but it would kick out in trail braking. I normally use low numbers, but if you kept that same ratio, it would work. 2/6, for example.

I know I was drafting behind you and braked well before the first marker thought I braked early but went clean off the track to the wall, did PD do something to make braking worse when your in the draft, some loss of downforce braking cause later I would come off the draft before braking and I'd be fine

Well, they did update the Aero modeling, where the speed and acceleration of the car is now more affected by the level of DF on the car. And "Dirty Air" has always been present, but is most likely magnified. I was braking at the cone before the first marker in draft, it was maybe a little early, but does not cost nearly as much time as a crash.

I also wonder if your method of adjusting brake balance several times per lap in race is the best thing to be doing. I would rather be able to concentrate on racing. I might make an adjustment for worn tires toward the end of a stint, but 2 or 3 times per lap is going to cause some issues, I would think.

A common tactic I use when following someone into a heavy braking zone is to pop out to the side, and THEN brake, so I'm out of their draft. If it looks like it's working right, I'll then slowly drift back into their draft to follow their optimal line into the corner.

A common tactic I use when following someone into a heavy braking zone is to pop out to the side, and THEN brake, so I'm out of their draft. If it looks like it's working right, I'll then slowly drift back into their draft to follow their optimal line into the corner.

Yes, and another note is that it's not very courteous to snap back over in front of someone just before the braking zone when completing a draft aided pass. It often causes an issue for the behind driver, who does not have time to adjust their braking point for the draft. If you get punted in that scenario, you are not going to be at fault from a rules/technical perspective, but you really do share some of the fault for the incident occurring. Just stay out to the right and trust that if you don't make a mistake, you'll be able to complete the pass.

I found drafting AFTER the first chicane to be a better method for making a pass, unless you have a really great run, turn 1 chicane is VERY difficult to take someone under braking.

Ditto.

This does *not* always work in a pack, but with two drivers later in the race... If you can't make a pass brake early and softly and create a bit of margin then feather brakes... Often allows you to take a very good line for exit closing gap at apex and a lot better than a complete lockup and panic as you hope not to punt the guy and lose ground on exit. I prefer this to jumping off line to break in clean air depending on the type of corner.

EDIT: forgot the key *not* above. :lol:

Last edited:
EDK
Sorry about missing that. Brake Balance is 1/3. I had 1/4 at one point, but it would kick out in trail braking. I normally use low numbers, but if you kept that same ratio, it would work. 2/6, for example.

Well, they did update the Aero modeling, where the speed and acceleration of the car is now more affected by the level of DF on the car. And "Dirty Air" has always been present, but is most likely magnified. I was braking at the cone before the first marker in draft, it was maybe a little early, but does not cost nearly as much time as a crash.

I also wonder if your method of adjusting brake balance several times per lap in race is the best thing to be doing. I would rather be able to concentrate on racing. I might make an adjustment for worn tires toward the end of a stint, but 2 or 3 times per lap is going to cause some issues, I would think.

It wasn't distracting for me as I was changing the front from 5 to 3 infancy I did it so much in practice that it became second nature even when I was chasing you I was adjusting brake bias along the way. The mistakes I made was probably due to lack of racing experience and nervousness, I think I'll be doing a lot of Wednesday races to get comfortable.

Another thing about the bb, the rear tyres lose more grip than the fronts so at about lap 12 I stop changing the bb as the rear kicks out on braking

This does *not* always work in a pack, but with two drivers later in the race... If you can't make a pass brake early and softly and create a bit of margin then feather brakes... Often allows you to take a very good line for exit closing gap at apex and a lot better than a complete lockup and panic as you hope not to punt the guy and lose ground on exit. I prefer this to jumping off line to break in clean air depending on the type of corner.

EDIT: forgot the key *not* above. :lol:

I tried this method after going into the wall twice while trying to overtake Kevin but I was too cautious that I didn't complete the pass and let him get me on the second part of the chicane. I think I was just figuring things out in that race like where to brake in the draft, i was either too late or way too early it got to a point where I didn't want to draft behind anyone.

Last edited:
I will be 10 minutes late so count me out.

Nevermind I read the time wrong, sorry.

Sorry guys for not being there in the support races. I have the flu (terrible headache) and was not fit to race. Not feeling better now but I have been looking forward to this so I will grab myself togheter and give it my best 👍

My lounge (GTP_WRP001) is open for pre-race practice.

We are currently at 17 drivers. If a non- reserve driver can't make the race, now's a good time to let us know 👍

We are currently at 17 drivers. If a non- reserve driver can't make the race, now's a good time to let us know 👍
I could make the race but I want to make place for another driver to join. I'm pretty tired and do not really feel like driving today.

Just got my PVR today and I want to test that out as well.

can you hold ready wes? T-L is still not in the lounge. He has 5 minutes to show or we give away that spot.

can you hold ready wes? T-L is still not in the lounge. He has 5 minutes to show or we give away that spot.
I don't NEED to race, right?:P

I'm sorry but I could really use my time better today. Been away all day and didn't get to do as much as I wanted.

Back