GTP WRS-Online : Special X - (Al)berto's Monza Adventure - Dec 2

Here comes the SPAM! I managed to cut the photos down from 58 to 24. Still a lot of photos to get through!

I gather no one has had the issue of your car being stuck in reverse after a collision with the wall because no one replied to my previous post? It continued into the evening while running a TT. Still don't know what happened and how to prevent it in the future. Well here goes!

Al

On the grid.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_3copy.jpg

The Zondas

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_7copy.jpg

The Ferraris

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_9copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonzacopy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_2copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_8copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_12copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_15copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_17copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_18copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_19copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_21copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_23copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_25copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_27copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_29copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_31copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_32copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_33copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_44copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_35copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_36copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_38copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_39copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_40copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_41copy.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_42copy.jpg

Sounds like a wheel issue, Al.

Have you checked all the connections with the shifter? I've recently had issues where my car would get stuck in 3rd because the shifter cable was loose.

Nice pics Al. 👍 If you remap your buttons does some other function get "stuck" or is it just reverse no matter what?

Here's a video of the close call with Snow, Stef and myself. I recorded it from two different views, but they always shift the camera just at the point of contact... so the contact is missed, but it was there and not completely insignificant, but neither of us went off with some luck.

Lap 68 of Snows race I believe and ~72 of my race.

Way too late with this but I want to thank Marc for the awesome 15 laps of 'racing' after the second support race.
It was helpful and fun at the same time.

Congrats to Mohit and Mark on their class wins.

Thanks guys, I noticed I do not have enough Ferrari pictures so I am going back to the replay!

Yeah, Al, I was going to say I guess my car wasn't very photogenic... :D

Great pictures, as always!

Way too late with this but I want to thank Marc for the awesome 15 laps of 'racing' after the second support race.
It was helpful and fun at the same time.

That was good fun! Anytime Wes - plus I figured out my turn 1 and 2 brake point in that session 👍
We ran the 15 laps alternating as the lead and follow car - tremendous practice for draft / dirty air / 'how close can we get'? running. I highly recommend everyone try it for the next event.

Wow, those pictures are so nice Al 👍
Hope you can add a few ferrari shots.

To the race: had so much fun, but unfortunatly I wasn't able to stay with Snow. I apologize to Tim and Stef for the contact. My pace wasn't bad, but I was a little nervous and made some errors early on. Was surprised tough when I hit my PB (of course with draft): 1'46.9xx.
Until then my PB was something like 1'47.35x.
My pit strategy worked out good with 2 stops (lap 24 and 47).
This event and all the preparation to it was an amazing experience and so much fun, keep up the good work admins 👍

^^ I can tell you that you did fine at all times when I was near you Daniel.
This event was a bit tricky in that there are only 6 braking zones and 4 of them are approached at top speed - and often included other cars. Add to that the bottleneck that Lesmos 1 & 2 created and it was a little tougher than expected at times.

So the race started as i planned, i mean a battle with Mohit instantly from the start line. Oh god i love that! We both quickly managed to create a little gap with Tim. But I know Tim consistent and focused so at this time, i knew it was the time to stop battling with Mohit and start to push hard for 4-5 laps and hope for a mistake from him. But i failed to do. I pushed hard, yea, but he managed to follow me very well 👍

Yeah I know we were wasting time battling it out, but it was totally worth it! I'd do it again a million times over :D.

I captured some Ferrari moments last night, just need to process them. Will post tonight or tomorrow.

Al

Congratz to the podiums

Mohit and Tim are making a habit of podium finishes 👍

Whipped together this highlight video of the early Zonda laps:

Great watch Tim, thanks 👍. Video cut out at the wrong time though ifyouknowwhatimean :P.

Thanks for the complement Dennis, and hope to see you on track soon.

Great watch Tim, thanks 👍. Video cut out at the wrong time though ifyouknowwhatimean :P.

Thanks for the complement Dennis, and hope to see you on track soon.

Yah, as long as I'm in charge of editing that part gets cut. :lol:

I'm working on a Ferrari highlights video at the moment... going to take all night to upload though. :sly:

After watching the Ferrari cars battle I realize we (the top 3 in Zondas) were basically 1-2 laps away from catching up to that 3 way battle at the top of the Ferrari class... Had the 3 of us Zondas been together at the same time that would have been quite the "moment". Ah, what could have been.

Ferrari highlights video... first stint battle for first was pretty intense. 👍

WOW! :bowdown: Amazing. :eek:

Great driving by you guys, Chris, Jon, and T-L. 👍 And when Mohit and Litchi came through, it could have easily gotten really ugly, but you made it look like cake. :D

Great job on the vids, Tim. :cheers: Watched both all the way through.

Oh, Al, that first pic, so embarrassing... Sorry again, Kevin :guilty::nervous:

Great pics, Al 👍

As always: really nice pics Al :)

the vids are also great, thanks Tim 👍

Had so much fun with this enduro, looking forward to the next one.

My ArtWork. Enjoy :cheers:

autodromonazionalemonza.png

autodromonazionalemonzak.png

autodromonazionalemonzai.png

:dunce: Oooops. :dunce: :guilty: 🤬 :yuck:

No worry mate, this is racing ;)
On this picture, i wanted to show 2 subjects: the accident is shown in blur voluntary way to make it clear that the two cars were going too fast. The other car behind is the 2nd subject and is net, to make understand this it is better to be patient and know how to profit from the mistakes of others ;)

Back