GTP WRS-Online : Special XI - Fujissan Mixed Class Enduro - Jan 26/27

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 293 comments
You had really good pace. It doesn't look like you were using TCS on the replay... did you decide to turn it off?

No, had it set to 1. With TCS off, even after lots of practice, I find the car just too nervous to drive fast consistently, especially when the tyres are worn down. Even with TCS on, I had a near-spin near the end of the second or third stint (can't remember which one).

Also, having TCS on preserves the rear tyres better, which is pretty critical.

Interesting that the TCS didn't display on the replay. Believe me, my throttle control definitely isn't good enough to consistently power out of turn 1 in 1st gear without TCS.

"My" GT tune:

RH 0/0
SR 17.0/15.0
DE 6/8
DC 8/3
ARB 2/6
CA 2.0/1.0
TA 0.00/0.00

LSD 5/20/5 8/15/5

Aero 35/65
BB 6/5

Gears
Max 200
Final 2.535

Sadly the gear setting method is lost to the mists of time, and I don't know whether it currently goes high enough for drafting.

The tune is probably rubbish; mine usually are. This was an inherited mish-mash/hybrid from somewhere.

Last edited:
Was fun tonight guys 👍
Unfortunatly I ran out of fuel, but I'm lucky it was in the practice.
Pretty happy tough with my pace in the race, had only one spin in the last stint and ran wide two times.

Pretty weird,the fuel consumption of the GTR...:crazy:
Car losses power during the race,and it becomes lighter.
I'm certainly no endurance expert,but is this 'normal'?
How's the LMP behaving for this matter?

I just confirmed for the race on sunday, could step aside for anyone on any moment though.

Pretty weird,the fuel consumption of the GTR...:crazy:
Car losses power during the race,and it becomes lighter.
I'm certainly no endurance expert,but is this 'normal'?
How's the LMP behaving for this matter?

Becomes lighter with less fuel: check
Loses power: check

The only thing is that when the LMP loses power you don't go slower because it almost becomes easier to drive... the lower weight offsets the power difference and you end up with faster times or at least more consistent with less tire wear. Now if you lost power at full fuel it would be slower. In past enduros the LMP class (or any car) definitely loses power.

Just make sure to get fresh oil before the race and you'll be equal with everyone else. May want to adjust your strategy to do shorter runs at the start with full power and longer runs at the end after power drops.

I just confirmed for the race on sunday, could step aside for anyone on any moment though.

Sweet. We needed to fill the LMP field... of course my chances for a podium now are nil. :lol:

Main lounge is open for pre-race warm up. I'll be AFK for a while.

In the 2nd support race we're going to adjust the pit pause times as the LMP cars passed the GT cars a little too early.

LMP: 2 minutes
GT: 30 seconds

That should just about cover it. And the LMP cars should let the GT cars get past the hairpin before starting...

EDIT: I have to drop off my son someplace at 1:00 PM... Can someone else please open and setup the lounge for the 2nd support race?

Becomes lighter with less fuel: check
Loses power: check

The only thing is that when the LMP loses power you don't go slower because it almost becomes easier to drive... the lower weight offsets the power difference and you end up with faster times or at least more consistent with less tire wear. Now if you lost power at full fuel it would be slower. In past enduros the LMP class (or any car) definitely loses power.

Just make sure to get fresh oil before the race and you'll be equal with everyone else. May want to adjust your strategy to do shorter runs at the start with full power and longer runs at the end after power drops.

:tup:That's clear.

The first race wasn't my best one :ouch:
Big mistake in the last turn before the straight....:nervous:
Saw the leader 8 seconds in front of me when I left the pits,thought I never gonna make it.
Really had to push it big time with a high 34 and low 35's :)

As promised:the gears.For all the rest of the set-up: I use the stock one.
Full wings ofcourse,
1 2318
2 1704
3 1338
4 1092
5 0928
6 0778
Final 3717
Top speed 230 km/h

The room is all set up. I am going to be away for a bit, but the lounge is open now.

I can't believe that I forgot to wait for 30 seconds - twice! :dunce:

If had pitted for a third time to do the 30 second pause I would have almost certainly come last, or certainly close to last, so I've just decided to retire (either that or self-disqualified myself). :banghead:

I'm a bit gutted since I was leading the GT class up to that point. Let's pray that I don't make that mistake in the main event.

Looks like there's a full field confirmed for tomorrow. As it is, the Daytona 24 doesn't end until 3:30pm, so I wouldn't make it in time for the race unless I parked in the pits for the first 30 minutes of the race. :lol:

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. 👍

Yup, we're at 16 confirmed (7 LMP + 9 GT). 👍

Please remember that the race is going to be held in my lounge (GTP_WRP001) so we can get all 16 in at once.

Matthew and Bravojon are the only two registered (including reserves) not already on my friends list and I sent a request to both yesterday... neither have yet accepted, but they will have to if they want to race!

I'll get the lounge open quite early and everyone is expected to join the lounge at least 15 minutes prior to the race. The earlier the better! When the lounges get full we typically have to deal with some connection issues/invisible driver/incompatible drivers although we are going to have mics-disabled so that should help matters. Please don't show up at the last minute and expect for us to delay things to work out issues. Show up early and give us time to troubleshoot. We plan to start on time and keep on schedule.

And if any of you can't make it please give notice here in the thread as soon as you know.

Thanks and good luck!

PS> For the enduro we won't run any of the "lapping formation laps" we had in the support race. The LMP cars will leave the grid first, followed fairly closely by the GT class. Both will do one formation lap and start the race. GT cars should stay back enough so as to be sure not to get caught up in any turn 1 LMP incidents. I think if the GT class is rounding the final turn when the LMP class crosses the start/finish there will be a sufficient gap, but a little more or less won't hurt.

If anyone is curious, here is my setup. PB is 28.980

I tried your setup tonight Jon... I like it. It's not quite as fast as the one I was using, at least in my hands, but it's a bit easier to drive on worn tires. And gives a lot of confidence with new tires. A bit less shifting involved with the tranny setup as well.

The tire wear is about the same, maybe a bit more in the front which evens things out a bit, and with the gearing it seems to manage on old tires better.

Thanks for posting.

Have a great race today everyone, bummed I have to miss this one.:grumpy:

frank can not race whit us. His car is broken down. And he have to drive more than a houre to get at his place. he ask me to wright this down so maybe a reserve can jump in.

stef

Thanks Stef and sorry about that Frank. I'm sure that hurts!

So yes, one reserve spot is open... first come first serve.

All drivers should be in my lounge in the next 15 minutes if you haven't already.

All drivers are in lounge except Litchi... and Frank of course.

Again, one driver on reserve is welcome to join.

Power failure here, so I join Frank commiserating in the ranks of Disappointed Company. Awesome. :banghead::mad:

Was just passing Litchi back for GT 2nd. Have to hope I can get at the stream to see the race plans play out. GL, guys.

Last edited:
3 DC's so far. Wes, Ren and Litchi.

I have no pace today at all. Keeping it on track, but that's about all I can say.

Ealirendur
Power failure here, so I join Frank commiserating in the ranks of Disappointed Company. Awesome. :banghead::mad:

Was just passing Litchi back for GT 2nd. Have to hope I can get at the stream to see the race plans play out. GL, guys.

Sry to hear Ren.

Having a poor race up to now only got into 29's once :(.

Still a good race :)

Congratz Bart and Kevin.

I was slow and steady today, unfortunately more slow. Only a single 1'28 lap and that was just barely and on low fuel. Low 1'29 was hard to achieve for me. I had a really hard time with GT traffic with this combo in every race. I thought I was good to keep Bart from lapping me with 7 to go with a 15 second cushion and then I hit GT traffic on 100R five laps in a row!! After that he was in my draft and it was pointless to bother trying to hold him off, not to mention against the rules, so I pulled over. I'm glad to put this one in my rear view mirror. :lol:

Wow what a race 👍
Had a blast tonight, thank you all for coming out. What a pity for the disconnects and Frank, so sorry you missed it, would have been a nice battle.

Had a good race with a steady pace and only one spin on lap 74. Good clean battling with Al, Kevin and Speedy. Ended up with 10-12 ltr, little bit too much. Pit entries were also very carefully.

Great racing tonight, these Enduros are so great, thanks to all the admins for organizing these events.

Congratulations to Bart and Kevin for the respective class wins.

Back