GTP WRS-Online : Special XII - WRS 2.4 at Daytona - Feb 23/24

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 295 comments
Thanks for checking the pit stops Christophe 👍.

Had a great battle with Jon (JTV) for the first 16 laps, I wish I had chosen to go for longer stints just to make it last a few more laps. Then it was a case of trying to catch him after the 5 minute stop.
Only had one minor off near the end trying to work out of the map how far Jon was ahead.

Congratz Bart for the win, Mohit and Matthew for the Podiums in Lmp.

And congratz to Jon for the Gt win and Noize for the other podium.

Well done all enjoyed the race again:)

hasslemoff
Thanks for checking the pit stops Christophe 👍.

Had a great battle with Jon (JTV) for the first 16 laps, I wish I had chosen to go for longer stints just to make it last a few more laps. Then it was a case of trying to catch him after the 5 minute stop.
Only had one minor off near the end trying to work out of the map how far Jon was ahead.

Congratz Bart for the win, Mohit and Matthew for the Podiums in Lmp.

And congratz to Jon for the Gt win and Noize for the other podium.

Well done all enjoyed the race again:)

Yeah, thanks Christophe for checking, blazing fast 👍
Sorry for not helping out.

Good race everybody, especially Bart and Jon for the respective class win. Amazing racing :)
I enjoyed the race, all tough I had a few off. Some good battles with the GT guys, but my best battle was with Frank. That was some brilliant racing, fast and crystal clear driving :dopey:

Pretty happy with my second podium in the last two enduros :wohoo:
Feels so good that all the hard work finally is starting to pay off.
What a great 1 year wheel driving on GT anniversary ;)

Already curious what the admins have in store for us for the next one and thanks for organizing these cool enduros.

See you all soon on track :gtpflag:

*** 5 min Sim Driver Change Check ***

GTP_PASM ...........
greenflag.png

GTP_gooners_17 ..
greenflag.png

GTP_gmmatthew
greenflag.png

GTP_Speedy6543
greenflag.png

GTP_EDK .............
greenflag.png

GTP_ealirendur
greenflag.png

GTP_JTV ..............
greenflag.png

GTP_Hasslemoff ....
greenflag.png

GTP_n0ize ...........
greenflag.png

GTP_otxjto ...........
greenflag.png

GTP_Allibubba99 ...
greenflag.png

GTP_Racingworld
greenflag.png

GTP_oink .............
greenflag.png

GTP_DOUG ..........
greenflag.png

Thanks for the big check Christophe 👍 Here are the rest.

I had a great time! Thank everyone for organizing and racing!

Nice pics Paul. 👍
I was thinking of making a video but the lag is so bad in the replay it would only result in watching cars stutter(?) their way round the track. :ill:

Great photos Paul. 👍 I love the shot of the Bentley and its dirty dusty bodywork ;)

Great photos Paul. 👍 I love the shot of the Bentley and its dirty dusty bodywork ;)

Yeh, its actually quite cool how GT applies that dirt after very long driving periods. Adds a bit of extra "realism" to it.

The car should still have dirt on it after the race right? Or maybe not since we don't actually complete these races. I've never seen a car that actually needed to be washed, but this one does. :lol:

The car should still have dirt on it after the race right? Or maybe not since we don't actually complete these races. I've never seen a car that actually needed to be washed, but this one does. :lol:

I'v always thought that. They have this cool feature that cars get dirty, and we have a car wash, yet cars never need to be washed. Silly PD :rolleyes:

I enjoyed the race, all tough I had a few off. Some good battles with the GT guys, but my best battle was with Frank. That was some brilliant racing, fast and crystal clear driving :dopey:

You may expect more of that in the future :)

Here is my illustrated race report :

Again a nerve wrecking endurro, this time on the banking and infield of Daytona. I know, my start didn't look to good, and people might be wondering what I was doing there ; well, I am not gonna tell :boggled:

Afbeelding002_zps34bb4f31.jpg

I had my 79 laps all planned out, and I was gonna see what happened the first laps, but I knew I had to stay out of trouble in the first stint. After a steady start where I saw Stef loosing a few places in the second corner, I immidiatly had Al on my back, among with Oink and Doug. There were some pretty close fights those first laps, but all nice and clean racing.

Afbeelding003_zps866d3199.jpg

After the first excits me and Al got a bit seperated and started a duel (something I have wanted to do for months now) Again clean racing, but with a super intens feeling :) As LMP was comming up on us for the first time, I could not stay in Al's path, and decided to fall back on my strategy I had set out.

Afbeelding004_zpsc643e35d.jpg

I had planned on being low profile in the first two stints, and would fill up the car on the first stop, what would made me loss some time on my Gt fellow racers. But a steady pace in stint 2 and a shorter pitstop would take care of all that. When I started my third stint, I was able to pass Joe in the pits.

Afbeelding005_zps78959a37.jpg

I had to be right on top speed as Joe was on my tail, and knew that if I had passed him, it would also be possible that Al and Noize would come out of the pits behind me. And that is what happened, I managed to just stay ahead of Al when he came out.

Afbeelding006_zps4f6af644.jpg

I had to give it my best, drove as fast as I could to stay in front of Al and Joe, knowing that the next time we would pass the pits Daniel would be leaving too.... and yes my wildest race dreams came true, this time the race gods where with me :)

Afbeelding007_zpsd343e17f.jpg

Boy was I on fire, or was it just my exhaust ;) Daniel was very quickly right on my tail. And I was really having a hard time staying ahead of him. I knew I would not be able to hold him off.... he passed me and I tought I would have to let him go but was able to stay behind him, while Joe and Al got seperated from us. Then in lap 48, it was time for my highlight of the race : I managed to crawl back up to Noize and passed him on the end of the straight in the first corner. We had a 4 lap during dog fight, were he would pass me every lap, but I was able to overtake him again 4 times at the same spot !!! I could swear I heard some Italian **** words :)

Afbeelding001_zps52e1d024.jpg

But there was no way I could hold of Daniel, and I only just managed to stay in front of Al before entering the pits for my last time. And then it all went wrong, I entered the pits but being almost in the last stall gave me no time to set my fuel, and my mechanics where just standing there, loosing precious time and the connection with Noize, Joe and All. I realized the battle was over, and came somehow dissappointed out of the pits. The last stint was just completing the endurro, and hoping for someone to have to make an extra stop because they were out of fuel, but that did not happen. It was me who almost ran out off fuel, as I crossed the line with the fuelmeter in the red.

Afbeelding008_zpseb5f724e.jpg

Looking back, this was my best endurro ever, eventough the results do not show this :) Had lots of fun, not only during the race, but all the practises aswell.

Last edited:
You may expect more of that in the future :)
And then it all went wrong, I entered the pits but being almost in the last stall gave me no time to set my fuel, and my mechanics where just standing there, loosing precious time and the connection with Noize, Joe and All. I realized the battle was over, and came somehow dissappointed out of the pits. The last stint was just completing the endurro, and hoping for someone to have to make an extra stop because they were out of fuel, but that did not happen. It was me who almost ran out off fuel, as I crossed the line with the fuelmeter in the red.

Great report Frank! Glad you enjoyed it after missing the last enduro.

We have to do something about the inequity of pit stalls in a case like this. Simply put, it's not fair and we need a solution.

I knew I would be a great disadvantage as host as I was stuck in the first spot and worst pit stall. I didn't announce anything here because frankly we didn't have a solution and we only discovered the extent of the issue on Friday during Frank's practice, but I did mention it to the other admins who also had no solution other than to avoid being the first guy in the room. :lol: Not a great position when I'm trying to battle the likes of Bart, Matthew, mohit, etc. knowing I have an outside handicap to overcome. I estimated (before the race) that an absolute best case scenario was that my handicap was 6-8 seconds over the entire race. That's a lot! And the potential for a mistake/disaster was there and elevated every stop because in order for the handicap to not be 3-4 seconds *per stop* there was no way to get exactly the amount of fuel my plan dictated. Basically, the goal was to get close without going under and click OK as soon as possible. I have to say after pit one this added to my frustration as this ended up costing me about 5 seconds in track position because I couldn't get the fuel I wanted in the car, but only got within 9L.

The only thing near-equitable thing I can think of in the future is to put the pole sitter in worst stall and then manage the room so the next fastest driver has 2nd stall (or the complete reverse is fine too). The difference between 1st and 2nd stall is relatively low, same for 2nd to 3rd so at least the drivers you are most likely to be battling with on track have close to the same "handicap". On the other hand the difference between stalls 1 and 7 was huge and had a material impact on the results in your case. I cringe a bit at the logistics of this however. We'd have to all switch rooms after all drivers arrive and stage the entry... yuck.

This is only a problem at a handful of tracks really, but when/if we visit those again we need to address it somehow. Ideas welcome.

Nice read Frank! 👍

And on that bombshell ;) we arrive at the Official Results!

24--Daytona-Combined-ReResults_zps3b4bb75d.png

Last edited:
Awesome report Frank! Much appreciated!

Al

P.S. I am still capturing images 30+ so far, can't wait to start editing.

Ahh, awsome stuff. but I cant help notice that JTV's fastest race lap is highlighted green, I presumed the highlighted lap was the fastest lap, and Paul has a faster lap. Is that a mistake or am I misreading?

Huh? I did the results pic and I could swear I highlighted Paul's lap thinking to myself that he's the only one making the 39. I'll fix it when I get some free time.

God...I remember crashing and just losing everything from my tyres early on, and making an early pit, but I didn't realise I actually made an entire 5 pit stops compared with others 3/4. I probably would have had a much better finish if I hadn't of messed up so badly with that.

:banghead:

Here are a few captured moments of the race.

Al

RoadCourse-Daytona_17copy_zps5a6c0efc.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytonacopy_zpsc730e101.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_2copy_zpsa2c0c48a.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_5copy_zps691a2aa8.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_12copy_zpsfb8491ff.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_13copy_zps70456190.jpg

Two views, who won lap #32 oxtjto or me?

RoadCourse-Daytona_14copy_zps1b1a48e1.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_15copy_zps0f93c9d0.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_16copy_zps614d5580.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_18copy_zps92eb4bcb.jpg

Woo! I'll save that weekend in my calendar :)

Latest Posts

Back