GTP WRS-Online : Special XII - WRS 2.4 at Daytona - Feb 23/24

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 295 comments
We are suddenly at 14 drivers including reserves for the 2nd support race... which is a good thing! 👍

Just in case everyone shows up I'm going to switch the race to the A lounge (GTP_3D3_A) with mics-disabled to avoid any lag issues. It's hard enough driving these cars without lag making it harder!

I'll be setting up the lounge in about 5 minutes and will update this post when it's ready.

Also note there are a few drivers in another series that ends on the hour... we are going to delay the start at least 10 minutes to give them a chance to hop over to our race.

Thought I'd signed up as a reserve, Im able to make the race tonight if I can still sign up late.

Thought I'd signed up as a reserve, Im able to make the race tonight if I can still sign up late.

Paul's now in the lounge so we're 15 with reserves. Good thing we are in the "A" lounge... hope everyone gets the message.

I'm in the lounge for the second support race. Seems awfully quiet... oh right Lounge A!

I'm in the lounge for the second support race. Seems awfully quiet... oh right Lounge A!

I saw you in there on your own...thought you might be leftovers from race 1 or something ;)

I saw you in there on your own...thought you might be leftovers from race 1 or something ;)

I used my 2nd PS3 and the 3D3 racing account to get him and matthew. :lol:

Everyone is in the lounge except the guys running GATE. We're going to hold for a bit while we wait for them. So if you guys finish soon, run right over to the A lounge.

GL out there, guys. Would have run too late, and caused wifely wrath. Sorry, should have posted (that's why I went on reserve originally).

well guys that was fun I almost didnt finnish in last place this time WOOHOO but I ran out of fuel I guess I shouldnt trust my pit crew when they tell me I only need 15L LOL. But I guess since I was running faster laps after I pitted I burnt through it. Hey at least it is an improvment over this morning.

For the crazy people among us, we will be starting a full practise arround 01.00 GMT, that would be in 20 minutes, feel free to join, even if you do not want to go all the way....

Thanks for the race guys, was good fun, unlucky for Paul he run out of fuel. Impressive win again by Bart and nice victory for Daniel in GT.

For this last race, I have given Kevins tune a try ; what more can i say :bowdown: ; Kevin please tune ALL my cars :drool: Tune fits me like a glove after some small adjustments. Thanks !!!

For the crazy people among us, we will be starting a full practise arround 01.00 GMT, that would be in 20 minutes, feel free to join, even if you do not want to go all the way....

Thanks for the race guys, was good fun, unlucky for Paul he run out of fuel. Impressive win again by Bart and nice victory for Daniel in GT.

For this last race, I have given Kevins tune a try ; what more can i say :bowdown: ; Kevin please tune ALL my cars :drool: Tune fits me like a glove after some small adjustments. Thanks !!!

Darn I thought it would be later, have fun guys see you tomorrow.

Al

I hate the bus stop!!!:ouch:

Me too Wes! I spun there on the last lap :lol:

Support race 1 finish time: 1:02:43.019
Support race 2 finish time: 1:03:10.395

I think race 1 went better :) Also, I noticed that Tim improved 4 seconds in race 2, despite the havier traffic 👍

Congratz Bart! Here are the results:

enduro_support2_res.jpg

enduro_support2_fastlaps.jpg

Check out that fast lap by Wes. :boggled:

We'd have to deduct the formation lap(s) to see if we really went any faster. I might do that later just for kicks.

Bart,

I did some figuring and deducting of formation laps.

Support 1 (minus formations):

Bart (GT): 57:40.867 (34 laps)
WRP (LMP): 57:47.123 (35 laps)

Support 2 (minus formations):

Bart (LMP): 57:23.172 (35 laps)
WRP (LMP): 57:25.071 (35 laps)

So actually I went 22+ seconds faster. :lol:

Bart the GT drivers beat Bart the LMP driver by 9.202 seconds. :sly:

Gap from Bart to me in first support race = 33.153 secs
Gap between my support #1 time and Bart Support #2 time (net of formations): 23.951 secs
Difference: 33.153 - 23.951 = 9.202 seconds

Note that 9.2 seconds was almost exactly what you lost in your last lap spin in the bus stop... without that it would have been a near photo finish between the two. :boggled:

I had a rather sloppy race (the first half anyway), although it appears I wasn't the only one. Props to Bart and Tim for actually staying on the track :cheers: (EDIT - well, almost Bart :))

Hopefully, if I manage to avoid making mistakes, I should be able to compete for the top positions in the main event.

Back home again. I was so sloppy the first race pigs would have enjoyed it. It's likely 2 hours sleep and no coffee (wanted to nap again after that race) didn't help, but my goal of just staying on-track and within reach of Kev or Tim was gone on lap 1.

I'll have to have another practice session today, fiddle with the tune (shouldn't have messed with it) and decide whether I'll be placing GT drivers at risk in the main race - I was nowhere near that all over the shop when I ran my practice/Q session.

Back home again. I was so sloppy the first race pigs would have enjoyed it. It's likely 2 hours sleep and no coffee (wanted to nap again after that race) didn't help, but my goal of just staying on-track and within reach of Kev or Tim was gone on lap 1.

I'll have to have another practice session today, fiddle with the tune (shouldn't have messed with it) and decide whether I'll be placing GT drivers at risk in the main race - I was nowhere near that all over the shop when I ran my practice/Q session.

If you don't feel comfortable in the LMP you can still switch over to GT. Give TCS 1 a whirl in the LMP if all else fails. Kevin is going to run LMP too... would be nice to have an additional LMP, but if you are going to skip I'd rather see you race in a GT car versus skip.

:cheers: Glad I could help someone. 👍

Only out of curiosity, what settings did you tweak? There were a few aspects I was unsettled on, and I'm just wondering if it was the same for you.

EDK
EDK_LMP Tune

RH -17/-20
Springs 12.5/18.5
Dampers 1's Around
ARB 5/6
Camber 2.0/0.8
Toe 0.0/+0.25
LSD 8/12/10
Aero = Max
Brakes 4/2

Gears
Final Far Right
Top Speed Far Left
Set

Final = 2747

Yo EDK, chassis reinforcement, yes or no?

EDK
:cheers: Glad I could help someone. 👍

Only out of curiosity, what settings did you tweak? There were a few aspects I was unsettled on, and I'm just wondering if it was the same for you.

I have raise my brake balance +1 and put the LSD settings a little higher +2. Gearbox suits me perfect, no adjustment needed. When i started with it, it was a bit tricky comming of priano's tune. And it is far more dangerous when you are in the draft. If you can control that, youre ok.

Sorry didn't see your post, I can make it in about 30 minutes no sooner, you have probably already started.

Al

Yes Sorry Al, we have just finished.

I have raise my brake balance +1 and put the LSD settings a little higher +2. Gearbox suits me perfect, no adjustment needed. When i started with it, it was a bit tricky comming of priano's tune. And it is far more dangerous when you are in the draft. If you can control that, youre ok.

Yes Sorry Al, we have just finished.
Cool 👍

If it's still crazy for you, I would suggest dropping the rear down (Maybe as low as zero ride height, it's not faster, but it's safer, especially through the bus stop).

Last edited:
If you don't feel comfortable in the LMP you can still switch over to GT. Give TCS 1 a whirl in the LMP if all else fails. Kevin is going to run LMP too... would be nice to have an additional LMP, but if you are going to skip I'd rather see you race in a GT car versus skip.

Will do. Tried the TCS 1 on low tires in-race, but it was me, not the car. I'll also give Kev's tune a go (I'd tweaked what I had a bit), and just try to get the feeling back. I had felt pretty relaxed about the car until another practice last night; thought I was too tired then. Guess I still was, had to go out pretty late instead of getting early shuteye. At least I got a tiny bit of draft/passing GT class practice.

I was still thinking about reverting to the GT class after that 'full practice' from Friday where I kind of rage quited being lapped on lap 29-ish already.
Got myself together to try it one more time in the support race and I'm pretty satisfied with my result there, I only needed a couple more laps there as I was reeling in Mohit bit by bit but made a small mistake and had to start almost all over trying to catch him again. GT traffic didn't help me here. :ouch: :)

Ren if it's reassuring, I'm running with TCS 1 all the time. Don't even want to try without it as it helps me a lot coming out of the first and second 'hairpin'.

Kevin, if I had lots of money, I'd pay you to tune for me :lol:. But I don't, so I sent you my Viola Dino chips instead :). Amazing tune, I never knew this car could handle so well.

I made a few improvements adjustments (:sly:) to fit my style.

-17/-20
12.5/18.5
3/5
3/9
6/5
2.5/3.0
/0.25

6/12/8

BB 4/2

I also made 2nd gear really long instead of really short.

I had written off my chances of a podium, but I think now its back on. In the 2nd support race, it took me 9 laps to get under 1'32.xxx (!!!). Now my first 10 laps had a fastest lap of 1'30.665 and a slowest lap of 1'31.442 :). It'll still be pretty hard starting so far back and with the quality of drivers on the grid.

Back