GTP WRS-Online : Special XIII - Greatest Hits Vol 3 - March 23/24

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 157 comments
You going for the, urm...Quadruple, James?

From the pace in todays events, you could well be on course for it, unless Bart has some tricks up his sleeve :sly:

I think there should be some sort of prize for that, lol!

Tomorrow (Well... today is another day), it could all go pear shaped in the BMW and Calsonic

Of the two races coming up, I would have rather raced the BMW, but fate has decided it to be the other way around :D Nevertheless, it will be much fun.

Good luck for everyone at deep forest when the time comes.

You going for the, urm...Quadruple, James?

From the pace in todays events, you could well be on course for it, unless Bart has some tricks up his sleeve :sly:

I think there should be some sort of prize for that, lol!

Bart won 3 of 4 in Greatest Hits Vol 2... Wes won the fourth race. 4 of 4 hasn't been done yet and it won't be easy.

I've been struggling with Colorful Conceptii mightily and getting frustrated seeing the times guys are running... only to discover tonight that I never installed the weight reductions. Dropping from 1520 kg to 1236 kg should help. :dunce:

I've been struggling with Colorful Conceptii mightily and getting frustrated seeing the times guys are running... only to discover tonight that I never installed the weight reductions. Dropping from 1520 kg to 1236 kg should help. :dunce:

Weight reductions??? Guess I should have done some more homework too! I should be able to drop some healthy seconds from my time. Wish I could run the times in traffic....:crazy:

Scott

Feeling much better than last night. Registered for the last 2 races.

Weight reductions??? Guess I should have done some more homework too! I should be able to drop some healthy seconds from my time. Wish I could run the times in traffic....:crazy:

Scott

Definitely helped but not sure I'm running competitive times so not sure if I should enter....I'm enjoying my racing but getting a bit frustrated always pulling up the rear. Overall I think I'm improving but for individual races I'm coming up short. :banghead:

Feeling much better than last night. Registered for the last 2 races.

Awesome! Glad you're doing better. Sooooo... my races just got more difficult, but also much more fun. 👍

Definitely helped but not sure I'm running competitive times so not sure if I should enter....I'm enjoying my racing but getting a bit frustrated always pulling up the rear. Overall I think I'm improving but for individual races I'm coming up short. :banghead:

Make sure you are at 497 PP (356 HP & 1236 kg). Make sure you have the drive train upgrades (clutch, etc) which don't impact PP, but make you faster.

After the weight reduction I ran a 1'21.793 in a test qualification run which means hammering the tires for all their worth. I left a few tenths on the track to be sure as the lap was good, but not great. I have next to no practice other than tonight for about 30 laps so i don't know how that stacks up... but a lot better than the times I was running before weight reductions. :lol:

I ended up just installing the tune from MadMax with is linked in the details post. I don't have time to do any tweaking. No idea at all about tire wear... but it looks like 3.1 L per lap so I'll have to add about 35L of fuel give or take a couple depending on my desperation during the race.

Awesome! Glad you're doing better. Sooooo... my races just got more difficult, but also much more fun. 👍

Make sure you are at 497 PP (356 HP & 1236 kg). Make sure you have the drive train upgrades (clutch, etc) which don't impact PP, but make you faster.

After the weight reduction I ran a 1'21.793 in a test qualification run which means hammering the tires for all their worth. I left a few tenths on the track to be sure as the lap was good, but not great. I have next to no practice other than tonight for about 30 laps so i don't know how that stacks up... but a lot better than the times I was running before weight reductions. :lol:

I ended up just installing the tune from MadMax with is linked in the details post. I don't have time to do any tweaking. No idea at all about tire wear... but it looks like 3.1 L per lap so I'll have to add about 35L of fuel give or take a couple depending on my desperation during the race.

I've installed everything now and the car is broken in thanks to BOB. I only had time for about 10 laps. I'm only running 1'25s. Like I said before, I'd rather not get in the way. Maybe I should just watch tomorrow and try to pick up some tips.

Scott

Keep racing Scott, it's the only way to get better. I know it can be frustrating but you have to set goals for improvement that aren't based on finishing position. Set goals like an entire race without an off, consecutive laps within a tenth or two for consistency, faster lap times as the race goes on. You will see improvements and get better with time. I remember a driver who was struggling and finishing back of the pack who remarked how he knew he was getting better because the finishing gap from first to him was getting smaller and smaller each race and how excited he was about that. He's very competitive now.👍

Keep racing Scott, it's the only way to get better. I know it can be frustrating but you have to set goals for improvement that aren't based on finishing position. Set goals like an entire race without an off, consecutive laps within a tenth or two for consistency, faster lap times as the race goes on. You will see improvements and get better with time. I remember a driver who was struggling and finishing back of the pack who remarked how he knew he was getting better because the finishing gap from first to him was getting smaller and smaller each race and how excited he was about that. He's very competitive now.👍

I appreciate the encouragement. Today was the first race that I felt like dropping out of....but I didn't. Just worked on my lines on my own at the back and challenged some different lines. My bad for not remembering which button I configured for reverse putting me back even further. 👎 Got that issue sorted now!

Anyhow, what the heck, guess I'll jump in as long as family requirements don't pop up tomorrow morning.

Thanks Scott.

Scott (the other one)

I've installed everything now and the car is broken in thanks to BOB. I only had time for about 10 laps. I'm only running 1'25s. Like I said before, I'd rather not get in the way. Maybe I should just watch tomorrow and try to pick up some tips.

Scott

Dont worry buddy, just come, my very best 1:23.7. So you wont be alone.:)

When i've seen these guys 1:21:xxx times, i feel::scared:

But i'am here for learning, and for fun.

I'm done, still a little off what I was doing in the Wednesday races and not quite as smooth but nothing too bad. Best was a 1'22.3xx.

Good to hear you're feeling better 👍 Managed to get a good nap today myself, so I should be able to stay up for Conceptii. Was feeling utterly trashed after the two races this morning.

Can i ask when will be open the room(and which one) for warm up today? (conceptii/deepforest) and if iam correct, the qualification start 15:00GMT, and we will start with formation lap? Thx

The room should open about an hour before start of qualification(3.5hrs from now) and as there are 12 registered(including reserves) we will be in the main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing). If there is a change in which lounge we use it will be posted in here.
Yes there will be a formation lap.

I've had to drop out of tonights Suzuka race, I'll be pushing it to get back in time for the race.

Looks like I'm out for the earlier race. Two teenage girls sleeping on the floor where my setup goes! Maybe the race later on....

Scott

I'm up early... the main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) is open for Colorful Conceptii now. I'll be AFK for a while to grab a coffee and breakfast.

A couple stewards notes for today.

First, on qualifying, we do not allow drafting during quali so create a gap to the driver in front of you on your out-lap from the pits. Establish this gap *early* in the out-lap (very early and if possible by turn 1). DO NOT follow someone closely for half the lap and then slow down in the final sector. That creates an accordion affect throughout the field, especially when we are on longer tracks where 10-12 are on track at once. You should be taking the final sectors at near race pace to warm tires anyway and all drivers expect to do the same. So use the early part of the lap to establish a gap and then get up to "near" race pace. If we all do the same it goes very smooth.

Second, we always welcome drivers of all pace, but we do observe the blue flag rule. If you are a few seconds off the pace please join us, but you are responsible for track awareness, and at a short track like DFW you are likely to be lapped before the end of the race. If/when the leaders (or any lead lap cars) come up to lap you, you must not defend your position and must observe the blue flag and move over according to the OLR:

Drivers that are about to get lapped have to make sure not to interfere with the lapping cars. Slow down on the straights on either side of the track or maintain the outside line during cornering. If for whatever reason you happen to be on the inside line when being overtaken, stay on the inside line until all drivers that were about to lap you have passed. You are not allowed to deliberately block the lapping cars.

Map your rear view button and use it to identify cars that are approaching from behind you (the mirror will not show the name).

See you on track shortly! Good luck.

Just registered for the Suzuka event this afternoon. See you guys then. 👍

Sorry about the crash today... collected Baron among others... I tried to get out of the way and n0ize also got impacted. I pitted and then was looking at 33 laps by myself so just parked. Had no consistent car control this morning starting from the first lap really. I'm fried and going to skip the suzuka race tonight. I haven't done even a single lap of practice and I need a break. Good luck.

How do you run out of fuel with more than half tank and less than half the race to go?

Thanks for explaining Tim.

Wife says I sound crabby, I apologize if that's the case, not trying to.

Last edited:
Great weekend,great combos,great racers.👍

Thanks Tim for organising this 2 days.:)

thank you guys for the race, as im waiting i was the slowest guy (div4-5 rulez ;) ),
But i really try to observe about the blue flag rules, and i did my best.
I could keep my pace, with 1mistake.
This fuel consemption was really tricky, i ve never played with this fast variaton.
(which means for me 1more pit)

But now its time to find some rookie champion ;)

Ps.
I couldnt see all of the races in the calender, especially the rookie ones... (it was something in Spa, yesterday) sorry maybe iam a lamer. Thx in advance again the information.

thank you guys for the race, as im waiting i was the slowest guy (div4-5 rulez ;) ),
But i really try to observe about the blue flag rules, and i did my best.
I could keep my pace, with 1mistake.
This fuel consemption was really tricky, i ve never played with this fast variaton.
(which means for me 1more pit)

But now its time to find some rookie champion ;)

Ps.
I couldnt see all of the races in the calender, especially the rookie ones... (it was something in Spa, yesterday) sorry maybe iam a lamer. Thx in advance again the information.

Vincent,

Here is the link. Wish I could have been there this morning, as we could have probably raced at a Div 4/5 pace. :-)

Scott

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7786363#post7786365

Thanks, Scott, dont worry, next time.
And thanks for the link, i've found it, just not clear for me, without next date.. It will be in every saturday? And why not in the calendar. ( no offense, i'am just try understand which kind of races they i find in the calendar)

Thanks, Scott, dont worry, next time.
And thanks for the link, i've found it, just not clear for me, without next date.. It will be in every saturday? And why not in the calendar. ( no offense, i'am just try understand which kind of races they i find in the calendar)

Put your questions in that thread instead of this one. One of the Race Admins should be able to give an update.

Scott

Back