GTP WRS-Online : Special XIII - Greatest Hits Vol 3 - March 23/24

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 157 comments
I'm in the main lounge and I've prepared everything for the fourth and last race in this special event weekend.

Decided to sign up last minute for the final race. I wasn't yet a member when the original TT and race took place, and I haven't practised, so this should be an interesting test of how quickly I can adapt.

I'll be in the lounge shortly.

EDIT: Could be a while yet, my PS3 needs an update. :grumpy:

Last edited:
I'm streaming this event (includes a video of me too!) shall I post it here in case anyone wants to tune in to see what it looks like from the back?

I'm streaming this event (includes a video of me too!) shall I post it here in case anyone wants to tune in to see what it looks like from the back?

Yes post the stream. I may watch some if it from the beach on my iPhone if that's possible.

I'll sign up for future events, or if there's still time I wouldn't mind participating :)! Otherwise I'll enjoy the livestream!

I'll sign up for future events, or if there's still time I wouldn't mind participating :)! Otherwise I'll enjoy the livestream!

Sorry I was away today or I could have got you on the friends list in time for the race. You're on the registry so you are always welcome... Just fill out the 3d3 form and send the PSN FR to the private lounges and you can join any events. Next one is Wednesday. We run every Wed at an EU time and a NA time. We also run weekends at least once a month... But more often lately.

Sorry I was away today or I could have got you on the friends list in time for the race. You're on the registry so you are always welcome... Just fill out the 3d3 form and send the PSN FR to the private lounges and you can join any events. Next one is Wednesday. We run every Wed at an EU time and a NA time. We also run weekends at least once a month... But more often lately.

Don't worry about it I literally only realised about the race tonight when Oinks video about the livestream appeared :)! It's been awhile and busy with work but my little 'gaming area' I've built up so I can literally play straight away is nearly finished so want to start racing again properly, rather than the on and off at the moment so will get signed up :)!

I see the stream page on the phone, but no video. I can see chat messages... Someone talking about a driver either being drunk or Canadian. :lol:

Yep, that'd be me. Totally out of shape on this one. Got out of my groove early and never got it back. If we had real damage on, I would've been out early.

Think ill stick to the Rookie races, TTs and Parity for a bit until I refine my skills (or until I find some).

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Scott

Yep, that'd be me. Totally out of shape on this one. Got out of my groove early and never got it back. If we had real damage on, I would've been out early.

Think ill stick to the Rookie races, TTs and Parity for a bit until I refine my skills (or until I find some).

Scott

Not at all mate, respect for not leaving out early when you got a bit behind.

I never had fantastic pace (think my best lap was a mid 59) but had only 2 minor offs, and I think that consistency allowed me to keep a steady position around the middle of the field. The 1 stopper definitely worked for me though, not sure what other people went with?

Anyway, thanks all for the race. Thats the first time I'v livestreamed anything and it went ok I think. Will probably try to livestream some more in the future, so if your ever not able/wanting to race, but want to tune in, then feel free to pop to my stream :D

Scott

I was out of my groove this morning so I understand the feeling. If you watched my first 10 laps or so this morning you'd think I was driving blind folded.

Don't get deterred... The times I've raced with you, you have been respectful and never got in anyone's way that I could see. Keep coming back whenever you want... you're always welcome. It can take a long time to improve... but have fun while doing so and the time will fly. Many of us have been doing this for a long time... I've been organizing these official GTP events weekly for 80 weeks now and I've participated in the vast majority of them.. still have a lot to learn.

Here are the official results for the Sunday races:

event80_3_res.png

event80_4_res.png

Congratz to Twissy on the sweep... but Bart did manage to grab pole position at Suzuka so it wasn't a complete game shutout. :sly:

Thanks for all those who turned out! 👍

Feel free to post any race stories or pictures. 💡

I know overall I'm slower (being Div4) but I felt my previous attempts I was at least consistent and improving. Today I was just all over the place. Not a slow day, just a bad day. I spun out in places I had never lost it before in 30 laps if practice.

I was really about to quit when I saw MadMax (Pekka i believe) pull over and wait for me. That made me change my mind and I kept racing. Oink (Paul) did the same for me during my first parity race as well. It's that aspect of GTP that makes a difference.

Thanks again and ill keep coming back. Eventually, if the Wife, the Kids and Work permit, I'll get better.

Scott

Out of interest, how long have you been playing gran turismo?

Got the game as a Christmas gift just over a year ago. Played it till about Lvl 28 before I got too busy with work. Only started online since joining GTP in Jan. I was playing Dirt to start off before GT5 but again never made it anywhere near to the end.

I love racing but its a balance with everything else in life.

Scott

FR-S '12 @ Grand Valley Speedway

Other races should be up over the next couple of days 👍

Here are the official results for the Sunday races:

event80_3_res.png

event80_4_res.png

Congratz to Twissy on the sweep... but Bart did manage to grab pole position at Suzuka so it wasn't a complete game shutout. :sly:

Thanks for all those who turned out! 👍

Feel free to post any race stories or pictures. 💡

thx again for the race, just a quick note, iam not sure but i think my Best Lap was 1:23.581, not 1:22.709 (maybe this time belong to cats_pajamas)

not too important, i just would like to keep my "slowest-guy-on-the-track" title :)

You were fine out there - remember, many of us had run this combo before (possibly including the offline TT). Hope my driving didn't spook you.

Spot the guy with the woeful (and unintentionally dangerous) or non-existent quali :sly:

no, absolutely not. and i like the professional way, how you organize and manage the race/forum everything here in GTPlanet. its inspire me.

about the race, i did 2 major fault,
first:
i ruined the last corner in the first part of the race, aaand i'am just dropped in the pit, without wheel change or anything...
second:
i was unable to count the fuel consumption, it was new for me this fast run out...
but, at least i'm learning some new thing again.

RUF CTR2 '96 @ Nürburgring GP/F

BMW Concept 1 Series tii ´07 @ Deep Forest Raceway

Last edited:
Had fun at the conceptii race. Even after "the incident" with Tim I had a good time trying to catch the guys in front of me. Very good racers out there, always clean and fun to race against.

Of course I was quite disappointed running out of fuel with 1.5 laps to go, but enjoyed it otherwise. Gonna have to talk to my gas man about that.

Had fun at the conceptii race. Even after "the incident" with Tim I had a good time trying to catch the guys in front of me. Very good racers out there, always clean and fun to race against.

Of course I was quite disappointed running out of fuel with 1.5 laps to go, but enjoyed it otherwise. Gonna have to talk to my gas man about that.

I apologize again for the incident... the grass just would not get off my tires and I lost it. I actually tried to get over to the left and out of the way, but the car just went where it wanted at that point.

Too bad as the race for third between 4 of us would have been pretty epic once our strategies got to play out a little.

Hope you join us again in the future... I'll be sure to post my recommended safe fuel add amount if we're using the fast setting. :sly:

PS> I was going to ask guys to submit an NSTC replay of the races I missed, but I can see there are almost none! Not a single NTSC driver in the GT/BRZ race. I was going to make a short highlights video of the weekend, but guess that won't be possible.

Last edited:
WRP001
I apologize again for the incident... the grass just would not get off my tires and I lost it. I actually tried to get over to the left and out of the way, but the car just went where it wanted at that point.

Too bad as the race for third between 4 of us would have been pretty epic once our strategies got to play out a little.

Hope you join us again in the future... I'll be sure to post my recommended safe fuel add amount if we're using the fast setting. :sly:

PS> I was going to ask guys to submit an NSTC replay of the races I missed, but I can see there are almost none! Not a single NTSC driver in the GT/BRZ race. I was going to make a short highlights video of the weekend, but guess that won't be possible.

No problem, I was trying to decide if I should let off and see where you ended up, or shoot the gap. I kept my foot down and it didn't work. Could have gone either way. It was a lot of fun racing against you and I'll try to make more races when there's an early time slot, although the parity races may require more testing than I'm comfortable with. :)

No problem, I was trying to decide if I should let off and see where you ended up, or shoot the gap. I kept my foot down and it didn't work. Could have gone either way. It was a lot of fun racing against you and I'll try to make more races when there's an early time slot, although the parity races may require more testing than I'm comfortable with. :)

Yah, if you don't like testing at all then parity racing isn't for you. It's ideal for those that like to try out completely different cars and get very very consistent in laps and then race side by side continuously... but does require preparation... if you show up without the prep you'll find yourself a second under the target half way through the race and it defeats the purpose.

We'll have a lot of non parity weekend events coming up... plus every Wednesday. :sly:

Thank you guys for the nice racing weekend 👍

All the races were good fun, glad I did all of them. Had some good fights, but also a few offs and a total fuel carnage for the RUF Cup :dunce:

Congratulations to James for the wins and the insane pace, you are a true GT champ 👍

Hope to see you all soon on track.

Greatest Hits Promotional Video

Courtesy of GTP_oink! :bowdown:

We'll be using this to promote future events and highlight the fun we had this weekend.

Enjoy and thanks again to all who took part.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Top Weekend,the video says it all.👍

Absolute a great video.:)

Back